The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2006, 08:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

Ron :

I just want to thank you for all the excellent posts you have put on here pertaining to the Vietnam War.

Larry
Old 07-06-2006, 08:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

Yea ... me too Ron .... thanks

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:48 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default OOOOKKKK

Whats the catch?
If you really mean it than, Your welcome, I just post what I remember, and some of the stuff makes others remember.
I took pictures, Thats the only way I could ever remember. I even bought a 8mm camera and took the film and threw the camera away, and sent film home. I wrote stuff down and sent it home. I was the LTs RTO , that don't mean much in some units but in our unit it ment some more responcibility, and more information, the information is what I kept.
Plus I have kind-of a chronilogical order of the time I was there as to where I was, From Pleiku to Duc Pho, up Rt 1, left to Dak To, Kontum, AShaw valley, To RT 1, TamKY, To Chu Li, To Chu Chi, Quin yon, to Da Nan to RT 9 to Loas around Lang Vei to Hue and Phu BI. Inbetween these well Known places were a bunch of not so well known, Like Mary Lou, Baldy, etc etc, etc and even more important to me were the places that had no name at all, hill 488, hill 875.
I got to work with some very fine people and some equally fine groups, 69 &77 armor, Head hunters, flying Dulphins, 101 airborne, 173 airborne, 1-10 cav. So many other things that it will take a very long time to write it down, and , Im not real sure I want to.
But, Thanks anyway.
Ron
Old 07-06-2006, 10:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Catch ?

can't you just take a sincere compliment ?

As I have posted before, my memories are jumbled, missing, and sometimes just wrong, as my friend from Vietnam who visited me her recently, showed me. Some on here, including you, can remember lots of details, which I cannot. This provides an oral history of the Vietnam War which is invaluable.

Larry
Old 07-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Larry

"can't you just take a sincere compliment "
You know , you would think that people that fought in a war togeather would be able to talk to each other, Thats not what I get from some on this site.
You also have to read the next sentence in my post. "If you really mean it than, Your welcome"
As a really smart officer once told me , Always forgive,, NEVER forget.
It will take a bit for me to take anything without a (?)
Ron