The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Gulf War

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2012, 05:54 AM

Default Birth Defets:

My husband was in the Gulf War and we now have a 4 month old daughter that has been diagnosed with a heart defect (Ventricular Septal Defect or VSD) and a brain defect (Lissencephaly). There is no apparent cause for these defects and I was wondering if anyone else that was in the Gulf War has had children with the same or similar problems. If you have any information on this, please feel free to email me. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. November, 2002 Dayna B

Note Glycol ether (such as 2-butoxyethanol) is a neurotoxin, teratogen, organic solvent, poison & pesticide TARGET ORGAN DATA
SPECIFIC DEVELOPMENTAL ABNORMALITIES (CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM)

I am very concerned with getting pregnant because my husband has the gulf war syndrome. He was married to another woman when he got back. His wife was pregnant twice with the first being a miscarriage and the second being severely handicapped. Now we are together and have been for a few years and i have a healthy child from a previous marriage and just experienced my first miscarriage with my husband. Now I am concerned that if I am able to carry a child that it will be severely handicapped. Does anyone have a similar story?
Feel free to email me. 10/2000 Carolyn

I am Mark and i have a similar problem, when i got out of the service i was doing ok i had just gotten divorced. it wasn't till i got remarried that we had two healthy babies two years apart. when we tried to have our third baby, this is when my wife had the miscarriage. she was four months pregnant. when the doctor looked at the baby she or he did not have the bones fully developed .so far we have not tried again so i don't really know if it was due to the gwi or it was fate .but what i have read on the internet is that alot of us guys with gwi do have this problem where the baby was born but had problems with their lungs or different things. as for me i am going to try again to have another baby and if in case she or he does come out not normal well i am going to give she or he all my love and leave our gov't responsible for not giving us the answers that we deserve god bless you Carolyn
mark
My daughter was born with Pierre Robin Sequence and we think it's linked to my husband's service in the Gulf War,
but nobody will listen to us.
Judy
Pierre Robin Sequence (PRS) is the name given to a combination of birth defects which usually include a small lower jaw, cleft palate and a tendency for the tongue to "ball up" in the back of the mouth. Many of these children have breathing and feeding problems early in their lives.

Web page of the above:
http://www.valdezlink.com/gwv/babies-gwi.htm

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 AM

Default more on gulf war vets' children

What about the Children of the gulf war vets?
  • Baby Girl Dies Jody D. Crockett's child November, 1992
  • Girl age 10 dies in 2003 - autoimmune liver & organs shut down *
  • Joey Dulka, III cleft lip and palate *Dad dies of pancreatic cancer Aug 1994
  • Nine year old daughter: Asthma and diabetes -no family history; seven year old son: ADHD and failure to thrive; four year old son: autism and failure to thrive *
  • A 4 month old daughter that has been diagnosed with a heart defect (Ventricular Septal Defect or VSD) and a brain defect (Lissencephaly) *
  • What about miscarriages? * *
  • Concerned about getting pregnant? *
  • Infertility? * *
I was wondering if anyone here have children who have strange illnesses? My 14 year old daughter has Barrett's Esophagus, just as I do. Barrett's is rare in children and occur more often in white middle age to older males. Tammy - July, 2008* I had a buddy who had a daughter after we got back and she had creutzfeld-jakob syndrome.
Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD)

is a very rare and incurable degenerative neurological disorder (brain disease) that is ultimately fatal
10-08-08
My son had Kawasaki's disease when he was 2, my daughter was born premature and died at 4 months from pneumonia, she also had osteopenia

web link of above info ... & more
http://www.valdezlink.com/gwv/children/birthdefects.htm

Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 AM

Default Jody D. Crockett's baby girl dies

I am JDC4058. I served in the storm bravely and honorably just like the majority of you out there. I have something tearing my heart out and I would like to know if there is anyone out there who has suffered the same thing as I have.

In November of 1992 my wife gave birth to by all appearances a healthy baby girl. 15 days later my baby girl was dead from an unknown illness. All of her organs began shutting down all of a sudden and there was just nothing that could be done to save her. Her liver was the first organ to fail. After that all of her other organs just shut down one by one.

After her funeral I hired a medical malpractice lawyer to find out just what she died of as the resident pathologist in the hospital in which she died could not give me a definitive cause for her death. Her death certificate states that she died of the Herpes Simplex Virus. That is a funny thing as neither my wife or my self suffer from any type of Herpes Simplex Virus. I don't know what to do. I don't know where to go for help. My heart is broken forever and I would dearly love for one of my comrades in arms to tell me what has happened to my beautiful little girl. Please help!
Jody D. Crockett Oct 11, 2000

http://www.valdezlink.com/gwv/babygirldies.htm

The chemical exposure I suspect for organs shutting down *

Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 AM

Default Shannon & Mark share @ their children

Children Affected
I had a child in 1994, her father is a gulf war vet. She has had several medical problems since she has been born. She was conceived about one year after he returned. She has severe asthma, allergies, a heart murmur, stomach and gastrointestinal problems, ADHD, and she is constantly sick. Shannon
I have two little girls myself, who I believe are sick because of me. It hurts see them when they are having the same problems as me. When they are ill and I see the tears that come out of their eyes, because their bones are aching, it urks me. Your child is a gift from God; a lot of us who want to have a baby can't and this is some of the things, that has been taken from us, besides our health. Mark

Last edited by Stick; 01-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Mandy wasn't my biological daughter, I adopted her one year after Joanne and I got remarried 25 years ago. Mandys biological father is also a Vietnam veteran and today, John Toth is a living vegetable in a rest home outside of Cleveland.
Mandy had been a medical nightmare since she was just a year old, she had Burketts, non-Hogkins Lymphoma and one month short of Mandys thirtieth birthday, Mandy went to Him. The very last words that she said to me was a day before she died and they were "Dad, I'll greet you at the gate."
Burketts non-Hogkins had never been heard of in America before Agent Orange troops came back from Vietnam.
I am convinced that defoliants were absolutely necessary in Vietnam in order to clear areas in the boonies that the VC and the NVA hid in but what a terrible price we paid.