The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Iran

As I sit in my arm chair and quarterback the Iraq/Iran issue. I can't help but ask a few questions.
If there are people and weapons coming from Iran, then why don't we put a stop to it?
There are several reasons why we would NOT.
The War powers act, say that the President can send troops and or military operations against a country that has harmed, (among other things) our troops. So the president is gathering evidence to attack Iran. Or so it would seem.
It would seem a simple matter to close the border between Iran and Iraq, If there are roads, Blow them up. If there are trails Mine them, If there are people coming across at night kill them with smart weapons. Every Apache and Cobra can see very well at night for a very long way and then there is satellite imaging.
The US military can see and does see every movement along the border. That can only lead to one conclusion for anyone that can think for themselves. The Military wants the Iranian people/weapons there.
Politics and war are like water and oil. they don't mix well. When a military tries to manipulate a situation to satisfy what they have planned to meet a political agenda, the game of war and politics just became a Loose/loose operation. It becomes a matter of 'I did it because' and you can't do that. Yes I can, No you can not.

The people in Uniform are the big losers. Those people have volunteered to be the fist in our Military muscle. They deserve to be informed, compensated, and Honored. You leave one of those out and we as a nation do them a disservice.

But then, The Arm chair, may have a few tears in the upholstery.

Ron
Sponsored Links