The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2023, 10:39 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Palos Verdes Peninsula

5-22-2023

The Palos Verdes Peninsula (Palos Verdes, Spanish for "Green Sticks") is a landform and a geographic sub-region of the Los Angeles metropolitan area, within southwestern Los Angeles County in the U.S. state of California.

Located in the South Bay region, the peninsula contains a group of cities in the Palos Verdes Hills, including Palos Verdes Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, Rolling Hills and Rolling Hills Estates, as well as the unincorporated community of Westfield/Academy Hill.

The South Bay city of Torrance borders the peninsula on the north, the Pacific Ocean is on the west and south, and the Port of Los Angeles is east. As of the 2010 Census, the population of the Palos Verdes Peninsula is 65,008.
---------------------------------
Now - there has for years, been some minor discussion over my maternal-sides’ assertion that a goodly portion this “Palos Verdes Peninsula” (at one time) - belonged to our family? And other than that claim, I have never seen any evidence (nor proof) of this, one way or another!

I have also heard that this track of land was once referred to as “Rattle Snake Hill?” But once again, I have no first-hand knowledge (or proof) of this claim either?! And once again, this story may just be ‘pure family B.S. (lore)’, but it is still a tale that I recall hearing from my long-deceased maternal grandmother, back in Massachusetts - many, many years ago!?

And once again, this story, like many such family-tales, just might be pure horse-manure (?), but what the ‘Hell’, I still figure that it was worthy of relating, if for nothing else - than but for its entertainment and cracked-brain, literary and ‘semi-historical’ value –

And So, It Is – “ MAYBE?!”

Hardcore
Old 05-23-2023, 09:26 AM

Default Where is Palos Verdes Peninsula?

Where is Palos Verdes Peninsula?
Re: https://www.bing.com/search?q=where+...&ghacc=0&ghpl=

Map link: On site:
27118 Silver Spur Rd, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274

Palos Verdes Peninsula - Get Away To The Seashore
https://www.airbnb.com
16.3M+ Facebook followers
AdBrowse Vacation Rentals by Amenities: Pool, Air Conditioning, WiFi & More. Vacation Rentals with Airbnb. Perfect for Any Vacation: Book Now!

airbnb.com has been visited by 1M+ users in the past month

Types: Entire Home, Apartment, Cabin, Villa, Boutique Hotel, Bed & Breakfast

Map link: On site above.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: "'I've been through there in 63 long ago - as I left San Diego going to Nam back then.
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote