The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2020, 11:25 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Winding Down

12-1-2020

Just about a month left to go in “The Year 2020” and as usual I am beginning to wonder what my eighty-first year of life will hold in store for me?

There has actually been a great deal of water that has flowed over the falls of life since I first put in an appearance, away back in the year 1940! And in all of that time, I have seen wars come and go with little (if any) resolution, family members depart, fools hanging around for what seemed to be an eternity, and naturally, politicians polluting up the atmosphere for what appeared to be forever – “And Yet, Life Still Goes On!”

“What amazes me the most, however”, is the fact that some things (and people as well) never seem to really change (even at this point in life), and I sincerely doubt that they ever will –

“But once again - only time itself will tell ?”

So once again, and history will certainly bear this out – “It really isn’t the amount of time that a person has allotted to them in life that really counts, but rather, it is what they do with it that truly measures that person’s actual worth and genuine success – “Is It Not?”

And for the record- “A stinking thief is still nothing but a stinking thief, including those who pirate the intellectual property of others, in my opinion!?”

Hardcore
Old 12-01-2020, 12:02 PM

HC - I wouldn't worry - you got at least another 10 good years left - if not more.
Your words of wisdom would surely be missed. Every person I know has a different outlook on life and what they've accomplish during it.
-
For me I'm surprised that I didn't die long ago. Could've twice but the Almighty was there and said - it isn't your time yet. So be it - we take those close call's to heart. I catch myself reflecting more about the past then I do the future - what ever future I may have?
-
I appreciate things more than I did years ago. Getting a little cranky at times but still working through family issues which test the waters off and on. I'm grateful for what I have and for the family we've managed to raise.
-
My wife struggles with her medical condition everyday! She's slipping a little more each year and still she's the most remarkable woman I've ever known. I knew she was the right one almost immediately when I met her.
-
I've learned much from you and other's on the Patriot Files site. It's been an honor to know such people like you all - who bring about an emotional response when your threads are posted. I'm sure many more will come our way - from - The Hardcore.
-
Being slightly older than us your post make us each think of what we just read.
-
We all tend take life for granted and have to deal with what is given us. We are all different in many ways. We don't think a lot about the future like we used to. We take each day - and are grateful them - that we may have another one - tomorrow. My day dreams no longer reach the goals I used to set for myself. My only goal today is my Wife, Daughters and Grandkids. I acquired plenty mileage in my life and what I've learned on that path was tough at times. I'm a Chicago born kid who had to work his way through many difficulties growing up. My Father was married five times and mother four times. Kinda spells out the issues they both had - but I learned that if and when I was to marry - it would be 1X only - and it worked. That's because I didn't want my kids knowing what it feels like having these issues and family separations.
-
Yes a thief is still a thief - and always will be. To me the world is always at war - when will the world be at Peace (or will it ever) - that's the question? I reckon not for some time yet!
-
But I will close for now and once again thank you HC for your talents, abilities and especially your well formatted post!
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote