The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2018, 09:06 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Thumbs up "He Says What's On His Mind"

7-12-2018

There has never been a politician that everyone in the nation agrees with, all of the time! After all, we do not hire our chief executives to be echo chambers, or to be controlled by also-rans!

I also find it refreshing that a president, at any time or from any political faction, takes control of the office that he was elected to run! I do find it disturbing however, when any group of intelligent individuals rally against a sitting president, and this even when “The People of The United States”, regardless of their political leanings, are unified in their logical support of that person, and this for no other reason than party orders or generational mind conditioning. And most of all, I am pleased when a politician (any politician) speaks their mind, and this without fear of political repercussions. But most of all, I respect any man or woman who has not lost sight of the fact, as Teddy Roosevelt once said: “There Must Not Be Any Such Thing As 50/50 Americanism!”

Always remember that – The only real boss that any American politician has is The People of Our Great Nation alone!

“And to that I say - AMEN!”

Hardcore
Old 07-12-2018, 01:06 PM

Arrow

Political positions of Theodore Roosevelt

On taking office, Roosevelt reassured many conservatives, stating, "the mechanism of modern business is so delicate that extreme care must be taken not to interfere with it in a spirit of rashness or ignorance." The following year, Roosevelt asserted the president's independence from business interests by opposing the merger which created the Northern Securities Company, and many were surprised that any president, much less an unelected one, would challenge powerful banker J.P. Morgan. In his last two years as president, Roosevelt became increasingly distrustful of big business, despite its close ties to the Republican Party. Roosevelt sought to replace the 19th-century laissez-faire economic environment with a new economic model which included a larger regulatory role for the federal government. He believed that 19th-century entrepreneurs had risked their fortunes on innovations and new businesses, and that these capitalists had been rightly rewarded. By contrast, he believed that 20th-century capitalists risked little but nonetheless reaped huge and, given the lack of risk, unjust, economic rewards. Without a redistribution of wealth away from the upper class, Roosevelt feared that the country would turn to radicals or fall to revolution. His Square Deal domestic program had three main goals: conservation of natural resources, control of corporations, and consumer protection. The Square Deal evolved into his program of "New Nationalism", which emphasized the priority of labor over capital interests and a need to more effectively control corporate creation and combination, and proposed a ban on corporate political contributions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This last statement a band on corporate political contributions doesn't seem to apply in our current system. Theodore was a brilliant man of which few exist today. I've read a lot about him and his views have diminished with today's ideology or political awareness.
All I see is power hungry political's striving to better themselves than the nation as a whole. Theodore was a brave soul and an excellent President of which few like him are readily available today.

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote