The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Korea

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2002, 11:38 AM

Default Father in The Graybeards magazine

Hello to all! It has been awhile since I last posted and I wanted to tell you about the July-August issue of The Graybeards magazine as well as the Sept-October issue. My father and another veteran are mentioned from an article years ago published by a reporter from the LaSalle Tribune in Illinois. It shows a photo of Dad and Don with a 10 ft.replica of the ship they built, the USS JUNEAU CL-119 which my father served aboard during the Korean War. Also, the ship is now up at Great Lakes Naval Museum last I heard on loan for display at Great Lakes Gunnery/Torpedo Man's Mate School in Great Lakes, Il. Also, in the Sept./Oct issue the editor published photos I sent in of Dad standing by a Korean War memorial in his hometown area which includes every person who was in the military during this war (some living and some deceased as casualties of war). I encourage others to make mention of other Korean War Memorials, also as I located an ex-Marine who knew the Gunny which is represented on the memorial (his photo etched on this wonderful memorial) who made the ultimate sacrifice for our great nation! This memorial is in Oglesby, Illinois. With Veterans Day past I still thank each and everyone of you for all you gave for our great nation. Rebecca in Arizona
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2002, 06:33 PM

Hi RN this is nang from mm.org. Is that site gone for good now?Good to hear you are doing well and still writing. Keep up the good work. Hooah!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote