Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Two Million Mexican IDs Now In The USA

http://www.rense.com/general40/two.htm

Two Million Mexican IDs
Now In The US
The Christian Science Monitor
8-13-3

Something out of Alice in Wonderland happened in San Diego on Aug. 1 - an example of a growing aberration that many in Washington prefer to ignore. About 70 people were standing outside the Mexican Consulate, waiting to apply for an ID card that Mexico has been eagerly giving its illegal migrants in the United States since March 2002. When four US Border Patrol agents passed by, the group scattered, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. Five members of one family were detained and deported.

The Border Patrol agents made the Alice-like mistake of not ignoring something that's become quite visible: Mexicans lining up at their 47 consulates, trying to gain a dubious form of legality in the US.

Close to 2 million illegal immigrants from Mexico have so far received the ID cards, called matricula consular (consular registration), which contain a person's name, local address, and photo. At the San Diego consulate alone, about 120 to 150 migrants line up each workday to get one. One reason for the recent rush is that California may soon follow a dozen other states and allow the cards to be used to obtain a driver's license - a prize for any illegal immigrant, and one that could be used to vote.

Hundreds of banks and police departments in the United States already accept the cards as valid identification from the scofflaw migrants. The cards' creeping acceptance, however, may also be a form of creeping amnesty for the estimated 5 million Mexicans living in the US without visas. Many in Washington have looked the other way as Mexico aggressively tries to legalize the migrants' status. But letting another country give a stamp of approval to illegal activity in the US is something out of a Mad Hatter's tea party.

The Treasury Department has waffled on whether banks should honor the cards. The FBI told Congress in June that individuals from many different countries have obtained the cards, posing yet another opportunity for terrorists to operate in the US. The House responded last month by voting to have the State Department regulate the issuance of such cards by foreign governments.

Those politicians trying to win the Hispanic vote (notably President Bush) may choose to wink at the matriculas. And many Americans may condone the cards as a necessary evil for having so many migrants doing work that Americans won't.

But the unfortunate acceptance of the cards is an affront to the rule of law and adds another difficulty to government efforts to catch terrorists.

Copyright ? 2003 The Christian Science Monitor. All rights reserved.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2003/0814/p...tryBottomStory
Old 08-18-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Whatever happened to

the laws which states that a person must be a nativeoborn or lawfully naturalized citizen of the USA to vote ?!?!?

But then again, whatever happened to our laws and enforcement of immigration requirements and penalties ?!?!?

I'm all in favor of LEGAL immigration and naturalization, but hey, when it comes to having (letting) illegals and other non-citizens vote, THAT'S when it really becomes a problem and I don't care where they come / came from !!

Our country is fast going bancrupt because of our politians giving away so much to so many who have not earned the right to these priviledges. A birth certificate or a copy of the naturalization papers should be MANDATORY before being allowed to register to vote.
The fact that the Mexican counselate is giving out ID cards that cabn be used to FALSELY obtain drivers licenses and voter registrations should be stopped immediately and the counselate closed down ! Mexican officials should be deported as personna non-gratis and their government informed that any future such actions will result in imprisionment of those involved, to include up to 100% of the counselate staff.
The Mexican governement and all the others need to understand, without question, that the USA is OUR country, not their for the taking !!
If they don't like it, then close up all their counselates and embasses and stop and and all future immigration from those countries. We should also stop any and all trade with those countries until they agree to inforce and abide by our immigration laws.
I can understand and appreciate people from depressed countries wanting to come into the USA. They can find work and opportunities here that simply do not exist anywhere else in the world. However, they should also be held accountable and answerable under our laws. Deliberately falsifying and evading our laws should be grounds for long-term imprisinment and/or immediate expulsion from the USA, regardless of country of origin, or why they came here in the first place.
Those claiming persecusion should know that they are subject to immediate deportation if they are found to be in violation of our laws. If anyone wants to come, live and work in the USA, then they should do so legally, or suffer the consequences.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:26 AM

Hey Sgt,

This must be one topic that really "riles" you, and you have the right, cause Tx has alot of them, but your spelling is worse than mine. Are ya madd???

Betcha you have more of them illegals down your way, then up north here.

Learn any spanish yet ( except for beer and pu-----)

Just kidding with ya my friend.......

enough.......
Old 08-19-2003, 10:52 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking REEB & Sarge et al

Cerveza - Beer
Puta - Whore
----------------------

Just about the limit of my Spanish too, unfortunately

-----------------------
As for those "South Of The Border ID Cards", hell, maybe they should hand them out as premiums at Mexican Cantinas, as in my opinion, they are worth about as much as a five year old "Whorehouse Parking Validation", or a 1939 German Reichmark!"

Unfortunately, however, many an untrained eye just might accept these "Toilet Paper ID Cards" as valid?

VERITAS
Old 08-19-2003, 11:15 AM

Default Reeb

No, not really mad, just frustrated (see topic of discussion). Also, I typed that note around 11:00 PM, so I was a little tired as well. Please pardon the spelling, but the jest of my response still holds.
Old 08-19-2003, 02:28 PM

Sgt;

Keep on trucking my friend......

enough........

(there aint no points for running them down)
Old 08-19-2003, 03:03 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Yesterday!

Yesterday a friend of mine visited a small rural community in North Central Washington. It is in the heart of orhard country. We bought a box of peaches from some Indians from India that had legally immigrated to the United States several years ago. The discussion arose concerning the illegal immigrants in the United States. There were several orchardist that joined in on the conversation.

We have a real problem with the residents WASPs or WEECs in the United States. White Anglo Saxon Protestant, or White Eastern Europe Catholic. The average American is tooo lazy to do orchard work. If it weren't for the illegal immigrants the great American agricultural industry would go belly up because Americans want to live in a city and have a cushy job.

However, Indians (East Indians) were angry because they had to immigrate legally to enjoy the benefits of our great country. While Mexicans enjoy our wealth but do it illegally.

One old ochardist said, "If the college kids and high school kids of America would come out and work the harvest like they did before WW II we wouldn't have a problem with illegal immigration. Now I also have some serious concerns about illegal immigration but these orchardist and farmers in rural America realize we wouldn't have the wonderful food in the Super Markets if it weren't for the illegal immigrants from down south.

Now the question I ask you all is:

How can we get Young Americans tough enough physically and willing to work the harvests of America when we chase all the illegals from South of the Border back home?

The other question is: Have we brought this on ourselves because traditional America has become soft?

Keith :cd:
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 04:00 PM

Keith,

Many kids are soft because they are spoiled. They are spoiled because many are cared for by their grandparents while their single parent works two or more jobs to keep a household. A good portion of thes kids are not assigned chores to teach them responsibility and discipline. When the single parent has time to spend with his/her kid(s), it's usually time spent entertaining them.

Some of the youth I interact with, believe they are too good to work in a hamburger joint. So, if we were to have them work in an orchard field, they'd think they were being punished. :cd:

Old 08-19-2003, 04:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

It is possible that if the economy continues as it appears to be headed (both income and expense budgets), in a daily changing world of unexpected events, then those kids and their elders may find themselves forcibly, by sheer numbers alone, displacing the illegal immigrant in our orchards.

I hope the farmers will welcome them, us, back at that time.
Old 08-19-2003, 06:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Farm Kids,

As a kid I worked in the orchards, pitched pea vines, bucked bails, etc. Most of the kids that went to high school with me worked in the Agriculture someway. I worked in the cannery stacking boxes and driving fork lift during college. Hard physical work didn't anyone of us. It sure would do a lot of inner city kids a world of good to work in the orchards and see just what kind of labor it takes to put food on the table. I believe we have brought this crisis upon ourselves by becoming a soft nation.

Keith