The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Korea

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2011, 02:52 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Unbelievable… Pianist Plays Anti-American Pro-Commie Song at Obama White House State

Unbelievable… Pianist Plays Anti-American Pro-Commie Song at Obama White House State Dinner (Video)

Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, January 23, 2011, 12:57 PM

Unbelievable. Obama’s been in office for only 2 years and already they’re playing Red Chinese commie songs at State Dinners in the White House.

How’s that for hope and change?

The US was humiliated in eyes of Chinese by a song used to inspire anti-Americanism.

The Epoch Times reported:
Lang Lang the pianist says he chose it. Chairman Hu Jintao recognized it as soon as he heard it. Patriotic Chinese Internet users were delighted as soon as they saw the videos online.

Early morning TV viewers in China knew it would be played an hour or two beforehand. At the White House State dinner on Jan. 19, about six minutes into his set, Lang Lang began tapping out a famous anti-American propaganda melody from the Korean War: the theme song to the movie “Battle on Shangganling Mountain.”
The film depicts a group of “People’s Volunteer Army” soldiers who are first hemmed in at Shanganling (or Triangle Hill) and then, when reinforcements arrive, take up their rifles and counterattack the U.S. military “jackals.”
The movie and the tune are widely known among Chinese, and the song has been a leading piece of anti-American propaganda by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) for decades. CCP propaganda has always referred to the Korean War as the “movement to resist America and help [North] Korea.” The message of the propaganda is that the United States is an enemy—in fighting in the Korean War the United States’ real goal was said to be to invade and conquer China.

The victory at Triangle Hill was promoted as a victory over imperialists.

The song Lang Lang played describes how beautiful China is and then near the end has this verse, “When friends are here, there is fine wine /But if the jackal comes /What greets it is the hunting rifle.” The “jackal” in the song is the United States.

The name of the song is “My Motherland,” originally titled “Big River.” In an interview broadcast on Phoenix TV, the first thing Lang Lang is quoted as saying is that he chose the piece…

His choice was known in advance to CCP officials is very likely.
Here is the pro-commie song from the movie “Battle Triangle Hill.”
This song was played for Obama and Hu Jintao at the White House State Dinner:

Unbelievable.

I’m sure the Korean War veterans will love this.

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.co...-dinner-video/

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2011, 09:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry not good

cripes
Old 01-24-2011, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default "Unbelievable"???

Nonsense. BELEIVE IT & much worse!!!

All should know by now that Chinese & Asian Communists have much in common with America's like-minded Obamacrats, or as America's politicos & press have nowadays renamed selves as: "Progressives".

Whatever, there's absolutely no difference whatsoever between despicable Marxist Communists & quite purposeful for benignly deceiving: "Progressives". Don't let Barack, Nancy & Hillary continually deceive otherwise.

What a HIGH LEVEL LORDLY SCAM!!!
Truly surprised that most Republican/Conservative Ruling Elite don't make a big deal about such?

Are Republican Leaders all that fearful of offending Political Supremacist Dems & Dem Supportive Press/Media? Orrrrrrrr,...just not being invited to White House like last 2 years?

Regardless, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Republicans TOO now also started regularly kissing enemy butts & apologizing for USA, on behalf of all rest of We Nasty Capitalist Americans.

Maybe bailing-out same enemies TOO with MORE of MY/YOUR/OUR Monies (the norm), ALSO?

Neil
Old 01-24-2011, 06:14 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb

The obligatory “Chinese pianist plays anti-American tune at White House?” post

posted at 7:09 pm on January 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

Skip ahead to 5:40 of the clip from last week’s dinner to watch him play the key bit. This story’s now three days old and I still haven’t seen a definitive account either corroborating or debunking the claims — and quotes — from this widely linked Epoch Times piece. Jake Tapper took a run at it just within the past hour and got this statement from the White House:
At the White House State Dinner for Chinese President Hu Jintao, pianist Lang Lang played, among other ditties, the song “My Motherland.”

My Motherland was written for the 1956 Chinese war film “Battle on Shangganling Mountain,” about the Korean War, in which the People’s Republic of China soldiers are the heroes and the bad guys are Americans

White House spokesman Tommy Vietor told ABC News that “any suggestion that this was an insult to the United States is just flat wrong. As Lang Lang has stated before, he plays this song regularly because it is one of his favorite Chinese melodies, which is very widely known and popular in China for its melody. Lang Lang played the song without lyrics or reference to any political themes during the entertainment portion of the State Dinner. He simply stated the song’s title and noted it was well known in China.”
Tapper asked two experts, one from conservative AEI and the other from liberal Brookings, if there were political overtones to the selection; predictably, the former said yes and the latter said not necessarily. The pianist, Lang Lang, insisted today that there was no political message:
In a statement, Lang said “I selected this song because it has been a favorite of mine since I was a child. It was selected for no other reason but for the beauty of its melody.”

He also said “America and China are my two homes. I am most grateful to the United States for providing me with such wonderful opportunities, both in my musical studies and for furthering my career. I couldn’t be who I am today without those two countries.”

Lang said that he wants to “bridge cultures together through the beauty and inspiration of music.”
Clears things up, right? Not so fast. Here’s what Lang allegedly told Phoenix TV, an outfit based in Hong Kong with “close ties” to the Chinese government, according to the Epoch Times:
The name of the song is “My Motherland,” originally titled “Big River.” In an interview broadcast on Phoenix TV, the first thing Lang Lang is quoted as saying is that he chose the piece.

He then said, “I thought to play ‘My Motherland’ because I think playing the tune at the White House banquet can help us, as Chinese people, feel extremely proud of ourselves and express our feelings through the song. I think it’s especially good. Also, I like the tune in and of itself, every time I hear it I feel extremely moved.”

He expressed this idea more frankly in a later blog post, writing: “Playing this song praising China to heads of state from around the world seems to tell them that our China is formidable, that our Chinese people are united; I feel deeply honored and proud.”
Not an overt admission that he had the film in mind, but a bit beyond the neutral “it sounds pretty” explanation. And as the Epoch Times notes, whether Lang knew the full cultural context for the song is a secondary question; the point is that the Chinese diplomats who vet the program for the state dinner in advance almost certainly would have. As would, one would assume, their counterparts on the American side. Did this little cultural/political message simply slip through the cracks of our “Smart Power” advance team? Or did they notice it and decide that there are already enough points of contention with the Chinese that they weren’t going to force another over a propaganda ploy that seems cheap and meaningless to us but may have greater significance in China– especially when plausible deniability (“he chose it for the melody”) was readily available?

Complicating all this is the fact that the Epoch Times was apparently founded by Falun Gong supporters and is known for hostile coverage of the Chinese regime. Anyone seen any articles in the past day or two that convincingly rebuts or confirms its take on all this? I haven’t found any and a definitive answer would be a grand thing to have before the inevitable “what are these wingnuts complaining about now?” apologias start rolling out from Obama-protecting leftist media.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/01/2...te-house-post/