Old 04-20-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Protest Info

I got that 3 page article from a web site I found---

http://www.vietnam-war.info/protests/
Old 04-20-2007, 08:14 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by 1CAVCCO15MED Kent State, My Lai same same. Cowards disgracing their country and military.

What my friend Doc said!................

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Cowards disgracing their country and military. like , Fire bombing 56 big cities in Japan, that was only civilian population, Like two atom bombs on civilian population, Like saturation bombing on German cities that had no military value, like B-52 strikes over Hanoi, or most any snipper school or most any ambush, or land mines, or submarine attacks, or rocket attacks.
War is not a nice thing, what happened in My Lai wasn't a big deal, nor out of the ordinary, except they did it up close and personal. I don't believe I could have done that in such a personal way, but I would have no problem calling in artillery on them.
Two Army's apposing one another will never get anywhere except a stalemate, unless one army decides that they are going to win and start the killing of anything and everything in front of them.
There were hundreds of incidents in WW2 were our Army guys and Marines lines up combatants and civilians alike and killed them, Big deal, it's war. Just because they are not publicized don't mean they didn't happen.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:35 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Normally, I don't respond to idiots, but in ron's case, I'll make an exception. Calling the pilots and air crews that fire-bombed any target, that dropped the 2 atomic bombs, that did anything else that was within the confines of the general war is disgraceful and disgusting. To imply that our B52 missions, or our snipers, or our ambushes or land mines or submarine attacks are cowardly acts is only the incoherent babbling of an irrational moron. By his own admission and his own definitions then, he is also a coward.

My Lai was a very big deal. It was an example of what a loss of leadership looks like, an example of what xenophobia looks like, and a perfect example of what stupidity looks like. It was not typical of the standard actions of Us infantry actions in Vietnam.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-20-2007, 10:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
Help out this poor demented soul who has a problem understanding other peoples statements....Are you saying:
The bombing during WWII and Vietnam was wrong and the people involved were cowards
The My Lai incident was OK. along with calling in artillary on civilian villages.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-20-2007, 11:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Ron;

I think you are talking in circles. In one way you condone artillery on villages and condemn bombing German towns. I don't think you are thinking your opinions through. If bombing Germans towns is cowardly but laying down artillery fire in a village isn't ???? You have me confused with your thinking.

Keith
Old 04-20-2007, 11:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Keith
(As the theme song from Twilight Zone plays in the background)
Im confused....
bOOger

God bless the ACLU
Old 04-20-2007, 11:32 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

Bob K
You confused.. Never thought it would happen

love ya
tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 04-20-2007, 11:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Ron;

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith_Hixson I think you are talking in circles. In one way you condone artillery on villages and condemn bombing German towns. I don't think you are thinking your opinions through. If bombing Germans towns is cowardly but laying down artillery fire in a village isn't ???? You have me confused with your thinking.

Keith
Bro. Keith,
Apparently you have joined the legions who also are confused by the ravings of what appears to be a delusional mind. Must be a product of too many smoke-inhalation classes!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

where were all your comments when 1cav wrote. "Kent State, My Lai same same. Cowards disgracing their country and military."
To which I was just giving examples of the stuff that our military does and has done that is the same as MY LAI, only from a distance. And I can't help Stupid scout can't understand . But then it is in the first name.
I guess you guys are going to start again . Must be a terrible mind altering experience to actually carry on a discussion. But go ahead, start the name calling.