The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2004, 07:34 AM

Default Anyone Having Bouts of Paralysis?

Why is this information being shared with you? Because I believe the biggest enemy our nation has faced in the last 70 years is this chemical of harm to Audry's husband:
Quote:
Audrey K, "I found a website with your address regarding Simple Green and Butoxyethanol. My husband had a chemical exposure in 2000. He was using Simple Green off and on for about 45 minutes. He started feeling real sick. This was also not a ventilated area. He was using a misting bottle. Anyways, he developed Reactive Airway Dysfunction Syndrome. That would have been easy enough to deal with except that he later developed Multiple Chemical Sensitivities then paralysis.

We do not know where the paralysis come from They are not a symptom of these other two disorders. After doing more research on this chemical, I found your information and the study showing paralysis in primates and rats. Do you have more information that might be helpful?

My husband's doctors are not sure what is wrong with him. He goes into paralyzing attacks that can last 4-5 hours and effect his entire body or just last minutes with it being a single body part. It can happen and day, any time, no matter what he is doing. He can be sleeping, driving, bathing, etc. This has consumed our lives. I am just looking for anyone who might have information. Thanks."
June 12, 2003, My first response: "Thank you for sharing, Audrey, I remember one of those in charge of chemicals to be used in the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill cleanup gave me an ingredient of Simple Green that was not easily findable, but I'll have to ask him for it again.

This is other information that was shared with me though 2-butoxyethanol is bad enough all by itself & does have a wide range of symptoms that stump the doctors. I would ask your doctor to order the specialty testing for chemicals from ACCU-Chem labs & to consult with Dr. Rea or Dr Crinean. There may be a way of flushing out this poison & helping your husband regain his health. Please keep me posted. or use this e-mail, which is my personal e-mail valdez@alaska.com What other kinds of work has your husband done in the past? any car painting, dry cleaning, plastics business? Maybe this was 'the final straw' from other buildups of 2-butoxyethanol. Margaret Diann Hursh PO Box 233, Valdez, Alaska 99686 1-888-853-5333

July 19, 2003
Note this MSDS on 2-butoxyethanol - Do not mist!

March 12, 2004 Response:

http://www.valdezlink.com/paralysis.htm

www.valdezlink.com/why_fatigue.htm

IF the component of Simple Green, which I expect to be 2-butoxyethanol, has cause a fatigue from red blood cell damage, there can come a time that the bone marrow can't keep up with the replacement of the prematurely destroyed red blood cells ... and paralysis is possible. I heard of this happened to a painter being treated for prostate cancer. His bones were hurting Soooo bad & by the time the doctors found out & he got an accurate diagnosis, it was too late for a bone marrow transplant.

? www.valdezlink.com/anemia_check.htm#more
http://www.valdezlink.com/what_does_lab_recommend.htm
? Some helps in diagnosis?
? What is happening with the red blood cells?
? What size are they?
? What shape?
? What is the Retic ratio?

March 24
is the 'anniversary' of the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Prince William Sound
http://www.valdezlink.com/learn_about_workers.htm
Quote:
What was primarily wrong with Inipol EAP 22?
  • 2-butoxyethanol at 12% by weight was too strong a concentration.
  • Workers had too much time exposed - 12-16 hour days 2 weeks straight (not 40 hour work days here) AND
  • they didn't have adequate protective gear
Quote:
Alaska Community Action on Toxics , the Eyak Preservation Council,
Alaska Forum for Environmental Responsibility and Alaska Wilderness
League are bringing a delegation of scientists, fishermen, community representatives and high school students to Washington DC the week of March 22-26.

We will be holding a press conference at the National Press Club on the 15th anniversary of the Exxon Valdez oil spill on March 24.

We would like to meet with the EPA administrators of the offices of Science and Technology and Oceans and Coastal Protection to share our new findings of the long term impacts of the Exxon Valdez Oil Spill and recommendations of desired regulatory reform.

We are available Monday afternoon, March 22 and Tuesday morning, March 23.

We would appreciate coordination of this meeting with Mike Leavitt,
Office of Administration, Debbie Dietrich Office of Emergency
Prevention, Preparedness & Response, Sharon Hayes, Water Policy staff,
Anthony Moore, Senior Policy Advisor and Carol Jorgensen and Jeff
Besougloff, American Indian Environmental Office.

Please contact Lydia Darby, (907) 222-7714.
This announcement shared with me by EPA - Glad to hear they still have concerns I hope they put a stop to use of Inipol EAP 22 and Corexit for oil spill cleanups. and for the use of 2-butoxyethanol and diethylene glycol monobutyl ether at all!

PS
Anyone have concerns with sperm counts or quality of sperm? This chemical harms the testes. It has been around about as long as the sperm counts have been declining in the USA
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2004, 10:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

That's some damned scary stuff! I use Simple Green like it's water, on the driveway, car, my hands!!
Wasn't bad enough Uncle tired to hide the facts of all the neat stuff we used, now here I go screwing myself up!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 03-12-2004, 12:02 PM

Default Well, how could you know?

First off, let me share that the misting of the 2-butoxyethanol is absolutely the worst exposure possible: vapors in the eye membranes.

And ... a little bit won't hurt you, is the philosophy out there.
Well, not until there has been sufficient harm to the 'organism' (us!) Doctors say, oh, it was so many years ago, the chemical wouldn't still be in your system. I say, well, just ask the 'gulf war syndrome' vets what they think about that.

And ... how could you know? The ingredients, last time I looked, such as 2-butoxyethanol are not listed on Simple Green. In fact it says the opposite: "Non Toxic" "No phosphates" Stuff like that. When 2-butoxyethanol is present, you will also see warnings like wash eyes with water for 15 minutes; defatted skin warnings; and DO NOT GET IN WATER!

But guess what else it says, about the same warnings you see on CLP for repetitive use
Quote:
Respiratory & Skin concerns named under cautions with product use; Precautions to be taken in storage and handling: "Wear appropriate clothing. Do not breathe sprays, mists or vapors. Do not ingest. Do not get in eyes, on skin or on clothing. Store in a well ventilated area."
Someone must know how to find out what the solvents are in the military gun cleaners ...

This Gulf War Vet with MS would like to know

And ... what else? The govt doesn't have a clue. They have been hoodwinked by the chemical companies of the ethylene glycol ether family for so many years, even the doctors don't check retic ratio or much of anything on the red blood cells when someone with multiple symptoms & no answer for fatigue comes in. I say help your doctor out. Come in with THE BIG PICTURE of what your symptoms are & fax in advance of your appt. a request for a retic ratio (@ $50 for this add on test) and Complete Blood Counts, including a absolute cell count (supposed to be part of a routine blood test)

It's not enough that the jet stream might be filtering these chemicals over our entire population ... the chemical companies are on a campaign these past 2 years to lobby EPA to lift the air quality controls for such chemicals as 2-butoxyethanol (also known as ethylene glycol monobutyl ether)

Yes, because of a military man's study - (he suspects harm similar to gulf war vets to be something in the jet fuel). I think he is right You will note certain numbers of jet fuels are listed as being pesticides. This chemical is not only a solvent; it is a pesticide (so watch out for endocrine disruption); it is a poison

There is a thread on this forum about jet fuels

The man who did the search for info on Jet Fuels had the same job, aviation ordnance on a ship, that 'Cisero' did

By the way, Bill O'Reilly, Staff Sgt James Alford is not an isolated case. Brian's brother stood behind hundreds of C-130s awaiting boarding as a paratrooper; he also cleaned weapons (guns?) with lots of things. I spoke with him last month. He has very advanced 'gulf war syndrome' symptoms. (That's what I also call 2-butoxyethanol poisoning.) I hope he gets an accurate diagnosis. But, he was commenting that the bones in his neck and lower back were hurting.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Funny how stupid I've been most of my life.
I wrenched cars all through High School, worked in gas stations and even in Sears Automotive. Don't worry if you spill gas on yourself, don't worry about the brake dust just wipe it off, the asbestos gaskets for exhaust work. This was in the mid to late 70's.
With Uncle, I dealt with all kinds of good stuff, Red Lead (a paint primer), Non-skid both it's removal and application, asbestos lagging it's removal and installation, chipping of lead based paints.
All my life I've used all kinds of "stuff" to clean up tools, paint, tar,
car engines, motors oh yeah myself as well.
Yes. I have had lead show up in my blood, there are also trace elements of gasoline based products as well floating around inside of me. Wouldn't surprise me if asbestos and silicon should show up in my lungs.
Just a matter of time untill it all catches up with me.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Old 03-12-2004, 08:20 PM

Default How are you doing, health-wise?

Some of these things that 'show up in your blood' can be removed? I would see about what Dr. Rea's clinic has to offer. It's not futile.
Quote:
Dr. William Rea *
Environmental Health Center
8345 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 220
Dallas, Texas 75231
Tel: (214) 368-4132

Web site is: www.ehcd.com

Considered an expert by some; has a detoxification center.

Reports one of his admirers who has met him and been to the clinic, "The insurance companies don't approve of Dr. Rea because they are tied in with the chemical industry. Several insurance companies have refused to cover his clients. "Most insurance companies do pay, however." states Dr. Rea.

He has healed literally thousands of people. His clinic is like a small UN with people volunteering from around the world. He is a kind, gentle, caring person with an incredible focus on helping chemically injured people. His court testimonies have helped win more cases than have been lost. He is an incredible human being.

Dr. Rea also founded the nonprofit American Environmental Health Foundation which has as one of its goals to provide information on environmental medicine. WWW.AEHF.COM has free downloadable articles on various aspects of environmental illness - http://www.aehf.com/chemsens.html.
Now check into this sooner than later!

But how are you doing health-wise today?

Negligent Failure to Warn is what the paint companies have been sued for on their past manufacture of lead based paint. The paint companies are winning out every time.

We had someone exposed to ethylene glycol ether in paint last June when painting a bathroom ...
& look as hard as I could on the paint can,
& on the internet ... I could not find what was hurting his eyes & the extreme exhaustion the very next morning.

http://www.valdezlink.com/images/Ful...003warning.jpg
Next time we went to purchase that same paint it wasn't in a black metal container, but a bright red plastic 5 gallon container with big bold warnings: CAUSES KINDEY DAMAGE ... birth defects in animals (They are definitely on the right track ... except that ingestion is not much of an exposure; vapors in eyes is, though)

They didn't get in trouble last time around, but I bet they 'see the handwriting on the wall'
Old 03-13-2004, 05:34 AM

Thank you for that bit of advice, it will get stored away for further use when my next blood tests are done.
Health wise, I'm in fairly good shape. I worked in a "sick" building (non opening windows, closed air system for both heat and A/C, lots of people) for years that was the cause of URI's and sinus infections. Since I've been out of that building these problems have gone away or at least not reoccurred. I do suffer from what's being called "Sports Asthma." It's not cronic so it's very hard to treat, inhalers don't seem to do the trick. I have done minor damage to my liver from the over use of Tylenol. I was told I could not possibly be having migraine head aches, so I used Tylenol to treat this condition. Problem is Tylenol doesn't do a thing for a migrate, I'd take as many as four in a half hour just to get some relief. Needless to say I abused the stuff and now pay for it.
Imitrex has been a life saver for me, works quickly and the dose is fairly low.
Other then these conditions, physically I'm in good shape.
Mentally, Depression, ADD borderline ADHD, and PTSD cause their own problems. Celexa, Strattra and a few good Gray Matter Doctors are helping me adjust to these problems.

Old 03-13-2004, 05:53 AM

Default Ah, Ha - Headaches are part of the 'picture'

What kind of headache do you have?

This is part of the picture Here I write up what several share about their headaches, both EVOS workers and military. What did you do in the military? Do you have fatigue? You would be better served to see a hematologist/endocrinologist. "Slim" shares

I even wonder if it is in the area of the pituitary gland and not the brain, as people think.

Is it not like a normal migraine headache, but like hot pokers & they come and go over a period of a few years and maybe 2-3 per week?

Safe-building? I think we are going to see things change in our children's school buildings. I saw one school board back east add this to their policy. Just think, our very young and our elderly are most at risk for harm from chemicals. I heard a sad story of a baby whose organs started shutting down at age of 2 weeks, and wondered whether the baby was sleeping in a freshly painted bedroom or something like that. (Too much exposure to 2-butoxyethanol in our oil spill cleanup did cause this 'shutting down' of one's organs; it's not public knowledge, but several died from this - I suspect Corexit that was 38% 2-butoxyethanol) Looks like the military thinks Corexit 9527 is good for something. Pulmonary edema could be misdiagnosed as 'pneumonia' (Maybe there's some non-disclosed ethylene oxide that was in the first version of Corexit)

Everyone needs to learn the signs your body gives when you have had too much exposure to any chemical. But with this chemical in particular, since it is in so many things, you need to be very careful not to continue to harm yourself with repeated exposure in the future. This is very important for EVERYONE

What were you doing when you started 'sniffling'?

You also comment on liver damage? That may or may not be from too much Tylenol. This chemical, 2-butoxyethanol, causes harm to the liver and kidneys. We had 9 of 12 elders in Chenega die of liver/kidney damage in the years after the Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup. Their nearby beaches were sprayed with Inipol EAP 22 - the only component of harm that was mentioned in July 29, 1989 when EXXON's new product came out ... was ... you guessed it: 2-butoxyethanol
Old 03-13-2004, 06:39 AM

These are normal migraine head aches, if there are such a thing.
I do the whole gambit, first is the dull pain on the left side of my head, then the light starts to drive me nuts, nausea. The pain gets so bad I have to lay in a dark room and keep as still as possible.
I did a bunch of things in the Navy. I worked on the flight deck ripping up and applying Non Skid, not to mention flight opps. I did pump JP5 and worked in a pump room for a short time. Exposed up to my waist in that wonderful stuff for a few hours at a time some days. I know I was exposed to Cell Lube at one or more time, nasty stuff, all kinds of warning labels and precautions while around this mess! Chipped and painted like every sailor. Fought shipboard fires who knew what was burnig? Removed and installed pipe and ventilation lagging- read exposed to asbestos. Very rarely we were given proper saftey equipment when dealing with the chemicals we came in contact with. Oh, we had hearing protection, goggles and gloves sometimes. But as for standing in the JP-5 just the jeans we wore, no special clothing was provided.
Very rare were any kind of filter type masks, I don't recall wearing one at any time.
I worked and lived in confined spaces with numerous people, colds and infections were common at times. All those little critters you hear about paid us a visit too. Crabs, scabbes, lice, bed bugs. By about the second month on open seas these problems all seemed to vanish, purged by clean air and the constant cleaning?
I count myself lucky as compaired to some of my shipmates who were exposed to many the same things and suffer from it!

As for my blood tests/ testing, they do some fairly extensive work ups on me. My one Dr. is worried about my liver. My lungs have always checked out clear, last x-ray was in June 2003.

Old 03-13-2004, 06:58 AM

Default I would do an Accu-Chem blood test for chemicals

Accu-chem lab can be used by your doctor, too; not just by the pros in chemical exposures. If you are fortunate enough to have a doctor who will consult with people like Dr. Crinean or Dr. Rea, they can help you immensely.

Quote:
These are normal migraine head aches, if there are such a thing. I do the whole gambit, first is the dull pain on the left side of my head, then the light starts to drive me nuts, nausea. The pain gets so bad I have to lay in a dark room and keep as still as possible.
Have you had your eyes checked? (check for holes in the retina) But I have heard of this very type of headache from one of the ladies who delivered lunches to the beach workers of the Exxon Valdez oil spill cleanup. She wasn't even there that long.

The concern for your liver is a real concern.

A gulf war vet from Indiana, Chad, was recently concerned that they found bone marrow problems and liver problems. "Just something to add to the list," he said. No, I replied, this is primary. The chemical that caused the leathery skin (where your gun cleaning rag was laid), etc primarily damages the blood and the liver and the kidneys, too.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Another shares on bone pain

Kathy's concern about BONE PAIN

Will it lead to paralysis? I don't know, but it would be wise to share with her doctors, just in case they haven't considered the advance stages of the fatigue ... leading to such

If 2-butoxyethanol's autoimmune hemolytic anemia is underlying the other ailments

The short list of the pattern of 2-butoxyethanol poisoning

Consider good nutrition & glyconutrient food supplements for HELP

Summary of this thread

An e-mail request to the CDC

on Flu Symptoms

Traces of blood in urine? *

Diarrhea then Constipation?

Seizures Fainting Dizziness *