The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2003, 10:23 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry PHONY v PHONY?

Have you taken a good look at your designer shoes or jeans lately? According to the media and the government, knock-offs (phony products baring famous names) are flooding the international market. And worse of all, a lot of the money $$ from the sale of these ?FAUX TREASURES? is now going into terrorist activities, or so says the media!?

God, don?t you just hate phonies and liars, be they in the private sector, or government entrenched? I was once told by a congressman and senator both that: ?The reason I would never succeed in politics was because I had integrity!? INTEGRITY in the bureaucracy being akin to garlic to a vampire!

?Well, I took that remark as an insult!!? Not because I was told that I could never become a politician, but rather, that anyone could (even for a moment) think that I would want to!

In closing let me say that, at least in my opinion, that phony flash (counterfeit jewelry) is a minor concern, especially when compared to a few of the tin-plated political phonies that we elect, re-elect, and then re-elect again, to public office (Welfare For The Affluent)!

So in a way, wouldn?t you say that the exorbitant salaries paid to some in power are also a form of terrorism directed inward? Especially when elements of a sub-bureaucracy (you fill in the blank) utilize the vast fortunes that they are gifted with yearly to attack those who foot the tab or bleed to insure the right of the political aristocracy to exist?

BOTTOM LINE- ?These elected politicians, contrary to what a few of them may assume, are but servants of the will of the people! They are suppose to echo and act upon the mandates of the majority, and not the motivations (Power, money and/or absolute control) of the temporary administrations (either party), or the bureaucracies, nor the power $$ brokers, that are then in a position to manipulate said power in their direction!

?As a matter of fact, President Bush, much to his credit, has recently sent this poignant message to several huge financial entities!? But this message, in my opinion, is but a beginning and it must also be translated into economic action on the home front as well!

An elected politician is there to act upon the will and orders, at home and not just abroad, of the people whom he (or she) represents!? And when they fail to deliver, act contrary to public mandate, or go off on their own adventurisms, they too become a danger to all that we stand for, as well as the life and limbs of their charges - ?WE THE PEOPLE!?

I will applaud any man or woman in government who acts primarily on behalf of the (US) majority, as well as our own needs and concerns first! When, however, that party becomes more concerned with foreign (vested) interests, than in the mandates of his (or her) own people, then that political entity totally loses my support, regardless of party affiliation!! (and so it is - IN MY OPINION!?)

VERITAS