The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2003, 06:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Pledge Ban Redux

Here we go again, a group of activist judges blissfuly ignorant of the contempt that the vast majority of American hold them in, setting the stage for having yet another one of their tortured opinions overturned by the US Supreme Court. The 9th Circuit has the ignominious record of having more decisions reversed, remanded or overruled than any other Appellate level in the nation. And it is precisely these types of activist judges that the President does not want to appoint to the court; he wants strict constructionist justices that rule onf the basis of WDTCS. ergo, what does the Constitution say, not "how can I create a law out of thin air?"

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2003, 06:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Cool hand Luke here...........

Unfortunately, Nevada is within the jurisdiction of the 9th Circuit and I?d not assign the term ?Liberal? to the cow counties of Nevada or the rural areas of the Pacific Northwest for that matter. So I have a bit of trouble envisioning the 9th Circuit sending armed and badged slope-headed minions of darkness into rural and/or agra areas to arrest students and teachers for violating their ban. I have more trouble seeing a local resident turn in their neighbors for such ?unspeakable? conduct like reciting the banned version of the pledge. One size doesn?t fit all and what may seem logical and reasonable to the SF Bay area would get the gun oil out in more traditional areas. I find it an extreme paradox that activist Liberal causes emanating from the Bay area do nothing but take freedoms away from rural people that live a more independent life and ask nothing but to be left alone. But that?s the way things are, as we have to dance as the Liberal activists say we must dance. I?m not going to learn a new pledge so were do I sign up to be arrested? Might as well get that over early and avoid the crowd.

Scamp
Old 03-05-2003, 02:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scamp

Fortunately, I live outside the boundaries of the Leftist Weenies of SF area, and like you, can't seem to mouth the words to the new, revised Pledge. There are folks here abouts that would place a crosshair in the appropriate place were demands placed on them that they'd consider "un-American." The supreme irony is that as you mentioned, the activist judges are more intent on removing our liberties. May the flatulence of twenty burritos be their constant pain.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."