The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2002, 11:31 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool Beau And Frisco Go To War!

Well, their concert anyway . They were playing at the Alameda County Fair. Seven dollars got you into the fair, and included the show. Put on an hour-and-a-half show. GOOD tunes [Cisco Kid, Low Rider, Why Can't We Be Friends?, Spill The Wine, Etc.], GOOD company [Beau, Janet, Meghan{Mogly}, and Kath], and a GOOD time had by all.
Attached Images
File Type: gif c47.gif (961 Bytes, 20 views)
Old 07-07-2002, 03:19 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default F-K

County fairs, Last time I went (last year) the fair advertised
Hula-Palusa, I don't think they knew what they were signing on. opening day of the fair had cars ligned up for miles in all directions. there was a guy that cut in line and people let him, I guess it was because he was riding a long horn steer.
The fair grounds could hold 150 or 200 thousand people, about 700 thousand showed up, every one wanted the line to move and where was the beer. around midnight it turned ugly.
This year they planed a quilt making party with milk and cookies.

Sounds like your fair was a little better plained and you met some good people.
Ron
Old 07-07-2002, 11:09 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default "they wouldn't have us in the ..

MAFF-eye -aye..."

I can say that my familia and me did enjoy the company of Tom and Kathy, as well as the group "War"--- nice to see, in the crowd, some real life San Jose "hommies" and all kinds of people enjoying some "Old School" tunes.--- the blonde lady that kept on going back and forth carrying overpriced beer --- nice T and A --- she looked good too. I give her 5 years before she turns into a leathery old "Bar Fly." [I sure wished she would've gone to the Hynotist show following the music --- wonder what would've happened]

And there was this Middle Aged dude (Afro-American) --- having a great hand clapping time --- s'pose the "joint" he had tucked in the crevice in his right ear was to smoked later.

Tom has a pretty cool Vietnam Veteran hat, with the 101st "Screaming Eagle" patch on it and that's cool --- he earned
the honor. I ain't got nothing like that, but maybe I will get something someday -- on the generic side, or maybe, geriatric side.

Glad you invited us Tom ("I see you standing in the Welfare line...")
Beau y Familia
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2002, 04:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Beau...

...That's La la palooza isn't it..., and yea, they draw a whole lot of people....

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 07-08-2002, 11:15 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default translate "La La Palooza" ?

I wonder where that term come from and what is a La La Palooza --- lyrics, Tom's hat, the future Bar Fly (referred to), or what.
Old 07-15-2002, 07:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default La Sombrero

Old post, but I had to show off his 101st Vietnam Veteran hat. Hope you don't mind Tom (Tom was singing with the rest of the crowd to the songs of War --- kind of surprised me).

Beau
Attached Images
File Type: gif eagle flag.gif (13.0 KB, 27 views)
Old 07-16-2002, 05:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Sounds like a great time!

Last time I was in California, I saw Santana and Janis Joplin at the Oakland Alimeda, (sp?) colisium. It was while waiting to ship from Oakland to Hawaii, to Bietnam.

Yo' Soy Vetrano De Vietnamo.

Paco

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 07-16-2002, 01:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Last time

I was in the Deep South, was the week of Sept. 11th --- scene from my Hotle Room. In the distance is a Veterans Park.

Never did get that Memorial Plaque at the Oakland Army base put in place, but me tried.

There was a time when I was "stationed" there, more like warehoused, that some acquaintances (half bro and his then girl friend and my little bro) took me to the Strip Joints in North Beach (San Francisco) --- one Stand Up Comedian was telling some good jokes (".... the Roman Emporer, Testecleese" --- type o'stuff), and I was, uncharacteristically, laughing my ass off. Then, the vato must've thought I was his Fan Club and started axeding questions about me and my half bros girlfriend. I didn't like that and my reactions were to sort of warn him "don't go there" --- odd thing was, my bro's girlfriend was really shocked that I could get that way.

Anneehoo, PACKO was at the Oakland Army Depot '69 (there's your plaque).

Beau de las Aguas Cafe, Soldado y Puro Mestizo y Papa con mija
Old 07-19-2002, 08:51 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking BEAU

Not a problem. I never mind when you and James want to post pictures of you and I. Proves, beyond a doubt, that I'm better looking than both you mugs .

Why the surprise that I sang along? Been a War fan for years. Play their 2 vol. of greatest hits quite often. Not a bad singer, huh? You don't have to answer that .

P.S. It's EL sombrero. Don't forget gender, esse .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg annefrank.jpg (3.4 KB, 25 views)