The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2003, 10:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Its A Ford!

Many erroneous jokes over the years have been formulated about old Henry Ford?s creation! Ie: Found on Road Dead, or Fix or Repair Daily? But for the record, even though my old man put in over two decades in GM employ, he too almost always drove a Ford or Ford Product (Mercury)! ?They are damned good cars," in my opinion!

Also, on my wife?s side, if anyone drove anything but a Ford product, generations of Southern Morgan kin would rise up from the grave in indignation! ?Hey, I guess that it is a family thing!??

But I come not to praise old Hank Ford, nor can I bury the great man who wanted to see to it that everybody could own an assembly-line produced fliver - old Hank has long ago gone on to meet his maker! What I am writing about could more accurately be described as ?SOUR GRAPES!?

?For years, my hobby was inventing - and trying to improve upon that which was already in use!?

Trusting in the integrity of U.S. industry, (and even one foreign-based- Hong Kong manufacture, to whom I sent out a pet. safety-related idea many years ago), I would ?Poor-Man?s Patent? my ideas and send them off, figuring that honesty would prevail, and if these huge companies saw any merit to my brain-childs, they would treat them and me squarely $$ - ?Yeah, And Bull Crap Don?t Stink Neither?? And if your relatively poor (money-wise), you know that the cost of a patent, and the relatively little protection that it can on occasions afford, make it prohibitive to most!

Now I won?t go into the flaming thieves from other companies, some gargantuan in size, who took my ideas and ran (away) with them, as these bastards know full well who they are, and where they will probably end up at the end of their affluent days! (opinion) I will however, touch lightly on my extremely honorable friends at FORD!

For many years, I have asked companies, even a professional sports organization, for ?Letters of Disclosure? before forwarding my rough designs to them, registered, return receipt mail, for all that this was worth?!

When a while back, I called Ford on an idea that I thought was a natural for their upper-level autos (one of many that I have sent to them), they told me that I did not need such a disclosure, as they had made a record of my call and it's contents, and me being an old Ford man, I could expect to be treated honorably! ?They also expressed a keen interest in one of my designs in particular!?

Well, as time passed, I occasionally checked back with Ford to see if anything was knew, and was informed that my designs were in file for future consideration, and I would be notified when and if they were put into action! (I Genuinely believed them!)

My last call to Ford, a few weeks back, however, was greeted by a polite young lady (Lincoln Division as I recall), and she point blank advised me that "This Would Be The Last Time That I Would Hear Back From Them", even if they did use my concept! ?I took that to mean - Get Lost, it?s ours now!?? I hope that I am wrong?

Well, under the law, and considering the size of Ford, I assumed I was being advised of the old David & Goliath situation, only this time David (Me) looses! ?We shall see!??

?But what the Hell, why should this come as any surprise!??

Some years back, I sent the government (directly) my design for an ?Anti Missile System? that had already gone through several military test facilities and was well received! As a matter of fact, even a local defense contractor had expressed an interest, but shortly there after, had to back away after losing a mega million-dollar bird!

When I heard nothing back from the Feds, I contacted one of those Washington Based advocacy groups, the head of which claimed to be a personal friend of the then president! He looked over my rough designs, said that he liked them, and promised to take them up with the then president!

A few weeks later, I got back with him and was warned that I was not to show ?MY? designs to anyone else! When I told the guy that - ?Hey, I invented the damned thing and it was mine" - he tersely informed me, and I quote: ?NOT ANY MORE IT?S NOT!? I was further warned that if I attempted to present them (my designs) to a friendly (ie- England etc), I would have an agent at my door in minutes!!! (CUTE!?)

Now, being a good American, I won?t tell you what the design was (I still have copies of my drawings in several places, however), but I will say that the two examples that I have posted above have given me little faith in the words - honesty, honor, integrity, or fair play!

I guess that it all boils down to one axiom, it being: ?All the power and money in the world still ain't enough for some folks?, no one in particular referenced of course? "But then, all of these billions, ain't going to do them any good in Hell either", as in my opinion, that is where all thieves and liars end up!?

?Oh, and for the record, this is not grandiosity on my part, as if needs must, I can definitively prove what I said above!?

MAY GOD BLESS TRUTH, JUSTICE, AND THE WICKED WAYS OF SOME BIG BUSINESS'!?

VERITAS