The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 01:26 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

OK, so you're not afraid of anything. Congratulations. You're one in a million. Or a billion. If you don't want you tax dollars going to faith-basied organizations, I suggest, strongly suggest, that you get over it. It's going to happen, irrespective of your feelings. I don't like my tax dollars going to pay for abortions, but for the time being, there's nothing I can do about it.

And why the vulgarity with Bobk? Thought you were a little more mature than that.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2005, 01:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

I was just about to post to this, but don't think I could add to what Bob, Keith, or Brice have already stated!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 02:42 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Just an observation

On occasion I?ve dealt with people who live in the inner city and have low incomes. The sort of people who live on the economic edge and might need help. Today, we have places that the homeless look for where they can stay when it?s below 32 degrees and they need a bowl of soup. All these places are run by Christian originations. They don?t get State or Federal support.

In most inner cities there is a lot of distrust with the government. There are lots of people who will not willingly have anything to do with the government. If we actually want to help these people there has to be a ?middle man?. We could re-invent the wheel or we can use what?s there. What?s there are religious organizations that have been in the business of benevolence since the very beginning of the American colonies.

Remember in the past people tithed (gave 10% of there income) to the church instead of paying taxes. They did this because the church took care of the poor, served as municipal government, etc. Paying income tax didn?t start until 1913. Before then, they got help from their religious organizations or starved. (Yes some actually did starve to death.) There is actually still a ?poor house? in my town that in large part is run my the churches. None of the long term homeless that have a roof over there heads have ever brought up the issue of separation of Church and State.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 02:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Old Seabee
Distinctions
Contributor 

Trav.... Your wrong there is a lot more that could be said in response to the F**K YOU. It is only out of respect for, Advisor,Bob, Bill, Scout, Keith, Melody, and yourself that I will refrain myself from getting down in the gutter and saying what should be said.

Any day above ground is a good day
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 04:48 PM

When dollars go to the big well known charities only about 70 cents of each dollar gets to the people who need it. That is better then the government where only about 40 cents gets to the needy. With faith based organizations, 90-95 percent gets to those who need it most, sometimes 100 percent (like the Baptists) because they already have their overhead covered. That money doesn't go to rebuilding churches or church schools, the money to do that will come from the congregations or other churches. For instance our church here in NC has partnered up with a church just outside of NO that got beat up pretty badly. We will pay for the rebuilding, etc. We already have a shipment of Christmas presents for the kids headed that way.

Ron, your opinions are just as valid as anybody elses. I'm interested in what you have to say.

Rotorwash
We get heavier as we get older because there is a lot more information in our heads. So I\'m just really intelligent and my head coudn\'t hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me. That\'s my story and I\'m sticking to it.
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 05:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

What happened to separation of Church and State?
Just a question boys and girls...
I don't mind my tax dollars being spent in the US of A for Faith Based Groups, probably the only way some folks will find any help at all. Many people rely on the "Church" for help.

My Back ground: Irish Catholic, but over the years I've excepted others religious beliefs as well. The American Indian, Judaism, Southern Baptist, I've read the Koran as well. In case it matters.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 05:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

RW...your post is 100% on target, the problem is, people who have never been to a church or taken the time to learn about there doings would never know this.

When that happens, you end up with posts like this or worse.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 06:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hawk,

The Constitution states that the government will not form a religion and make the people become a part of it. That's not word for word but the meaning is simple. Have you ever heard of "The Church of England"? Episcipalian, (sorry bout the spelling, I'm a Scots Presbyterian). Anyway, when Henry the VIIIth wanted to get a divorce and the Pope said no, he created the COE. It was deemed the church of the people who lived in the British Isles. Put lots of Catholics, Druids, whatever, in jeopardy. Our founding fathers said that we have religious freedom to worship who we want and that the gov can't create a religon. Saying "In God We Trust" doesn't create a religion, giving money to faith based organizations, doesn't "create a religion", the "separation of church and state" thing, doesn't mean a thing about giving tax money to the Salvation Army to help people that are in trouble. As everyone has stated, the faith based organizations have helped more people than our guvment has ever thought of helping for a bunch of less money.

This is a "Readers Digest" version of History....but it is factual.

Hope that explains it...

Pack

PS Now that I read your post and see that you are Irish Catholic, I hope my post makes you feel guilty! Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif
Old 12-08-2005, 06:33 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron,

Billions are spent in this country to no faith, communist inspired, terrorist organizations fronted as something else. Like everyone else has so elegantly pointed out, the faith based ones put the rubber on the road and get much more bang for the buck. It don't go to Catholic Schools for Christ sake.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2005, 06:07 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ok

I started this post just to inform you that 20,000,000 was about to be given to faith based orginizations in N.O. area, and some how I have no religon and am a non beleiver, The reason I said that to Bob K was his little snid remark to me and I told him and Catman if they wouldn't respond to my thread I wouldn't respond to them, But,,,, No, They push a little and I respond.
You people don't have a clue to how religous I am. I read the bible, Its full of couterdictions and faulse statemnets. The bible was (is) an interpretation and derived from the Dead Sea Skolls. I would guess that most of you have not even seen the Dead Sea Skrolls, I have seen them read them and even touched one of them, It cost me $80 dollars but I took the kid and learned all about there origin and just what they were about.
They were nothing more than a diary of a trib in the area, Jesus was just one of thousands of people that were put on a cross, Jesus was even a murderer , He pushed a Playmate down a hill to his death.
There are several books of the bible that are left out of the King James version of the Bible, cause they don't meat the "Christian" way of thinking. Over the years the bible has been rewritten so many times and so many interpritations that the original is not even close to what there is sitting in front of you at church.
I could care less what any of you beleive inand sure do wish you would feel the same about me.
I do belive there is such a thing as a God, I don't pretend to think that I could understand a God, Any thing that can make a Galixy or a nebula is way beyond comprehention for me, But I still beleive. I don't beleive that Jesus had any thing to do with God, But then Arib people don't lie about anything, do they?

Ron
Closed Thread