The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 06:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

My, my my, but you're up early, and hope you've had your coffee. Glad to read that you have read some of the Dead Sea scrolls! Among other wonders, like not being afraid of anything, now I'm happy to learn that you can read Hebrew! You never cease to amaze me!

And my I commend so different reading to you, some that will dispel the myth that you believe that Jesus pushed some little boy down a hill. Try reading the Holy Bible that was translated from the Aramaic, one of the two languages that Jesus spoke. It differes substantially from whatever translations you have read, and is based on original texts, not from the Greek or Latin as other translations. Perhaps if you would read some better translations, you would have a more clear understanding of who Jesus really is. The translation I read doesn't have all the contradictions and false statements that seem to have confused you.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2005, 06:48 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
Apparently you don't realize how you rub people the wrong way...When you started this thread, your first "snid" remark was "for those that cant see past their own religious beliefs"
At that point you categorized a lot of people....(and offended a few). Now as far as Trav and I not responding to your posts...As long as you continue to posts statements that directly or indirectly
reflect upon my beliefs (negatively) Than I'm going to respond. (It's my right) That why they're referred to as public forums.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2005, 06:58 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Again...don't think I can add much except to say, if you do not want people to reply to your posts, do not post! If you write statements that goes against the beliefs of most people, be prepared to suffer their replies.

You said we people do not have a clue how religious you are...I think we do, otherwise you would not continue to post things that degrade the word or demand that religious symbols are remove from public view. I think the majority of us know exactly who and what you are.

Have a good life.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Ok again

Bob --- You can say or respond to who ever or what ever you wish, I was trying to end the verbal fight that you and catman and I were having, But if you want to continue with our spat then. You say negative thing about me and you'll get a Fuck you, You have a resonable disscussion and I'll have one back at you.

Catman -- glad to see you could pull yourself out from under Bob K s desk and use both hads to type. You said "I think the majority of us know exactly who and what you are" My mother doesn't even know who I am, You ain't got a chance.

SS-- No I don't read hebrew, There was a translation next to the text. Maybe you should read the books that were excluded from the King James version, or talk to Kieth.

Ron
Old 12-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SS

http://www.ishwar.com/christianity/holy_bible/book40/

Here are a few versions of the bible
Ron
Old 12-09-2005, 07:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Ron

Thank you clearing up that misunderstanding about the translation of the Dead Sea scrolls. Somehow, for all your good qualities, I don't picture you as some sort of Jewish scholar. I may be wrong, which is rare....

And yes, I'm fully aware that some books were not included in what you refer to as the King James version, a very poor translation indeed. Just because a book was not included doesn't automatically condemn the remainder as invalid, unimportant, or a mere gatherings of tribal traditions and stories. As a matter of fact, I've read many of the books that were not included in the Holy Bible, and had I been on the committee that made the decision of inclusion, I might have voted differently.

Merry Christmas!
Brice

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2005, 07:38 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post If this money was used to established

If this money was used to promote and establish various religions it would be wrong, but it used to feed the hungry, rebuild homes, provide medical help, etc. With all the restrictions placed on those who accept the loans I seriously doubt if there will be an establishment of a state religion. I'm sure this is a great help to FEMA in accomplishing their goals. I doubt if any establishment of religion will take place. I believe its all constitutional. But, I can understand why some would be concerned but having dealt with FEMA and filled out all their forms to insure that all we were doing was providing emergency shelter for travelers I'm convinced that the money will for the most part be better spent than hiring contractors or waiting for FEMA to do the work.

Keith
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default SS

Iagree with most of your statement, but I didn't say that Just because a book was not included doesn't automatically condemn the remainder as invalid, unimportant, In fact there are a lot of things or statements in the bible that do just that, for me. If you like I will print a few for you. And give chapter and V. I didn't just dream up the thought that the dead sea skrolls were just a trib diary , religous scolers did that and I just said what they said. Some people can say what they please and others have to justify and prove what they say. But thats ok.
Merry Christmas

Ron
Old 12-09-2005, 08:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ron
There you go again trying to annoy people....First of all. using the phrase "f*** You is degrading to you and you only. It makes you look stupid and immature and I don't think you are.
I reference to Trav being under my desk......Now thats funny, but again, stupid and immature.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif
Old 12-09-2005, 09:00 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Ron

I didn?t think your original post had anything at all to do with your religious beliefs. You were just commenting on a political decision that you disagreed with. I responded with an observation and a little history, nothing at all anti-Ron. Had no idea this would turn into a Bible discussion and a ?I know more than you do?. I don?t claim to know more than you do and if you?ve seen and touched something from the Dead Sea Scrolls I envy you. However the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in 1947. As you know the Bible was written long before, so, I?d guess the Bible isn?t based on those scrolls.

Matter of fact the Emperor Constantine told all the Bishops (318 of them) in his empire to get together in the little town of Nicea, the so called Council of Nicea in 325AD. Constantine told them to write for him a single book with all the stories that made up Christianity. At the time there were almost 300 books or short stories being used around the empire. Their job was to cut the number of books down to a reasonable size. Of course they came up with 66 books, that?s what we have today.

A last thought, and not really meant to be a dig. Christianity is based on a believe that Jesus is the son of God. A Christian can only be saved through our Lord Jesus who died for us. A person who believes in the God of the Bible but does not believe in Jesus, is by definition, a Jew. Ron, again no dig, but take a second look at what you believe. You may discover you are Jewish not Christian.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif
Closed Thread