The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Andy

I have no idea when the dead sea skrolls were found if what you say is true than it would seam that the bible is not based on the dead sea skrolls. I was told that the bible was based on the skrolls?
You know, anyone can say just about anything to me except when they become degrading or belittleing, then when I feel I have been dissresecter I strike out. You can cary on a disscussion without being dissrespetfull and have your opinion even though its different from mine, thats a good thing. we can talk. And yu being inf might have a little bit to do with it, (you erned the right)

Heres a thought for you andy.
through the Council of Chalcedon in 451, Christian thinkers wrestled with the logical problems presented to the Greek mind by the christological thinking of the New Testament: If the Son is God, yet distinct from the Father, how can God be called ?one?? If Jesus is divine, how can he also be human?

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Bob K

You don't try to talk down to me and I wont call you names. Your opinion that something I say makes me look stupid is your opinion, thats fine, we can talk about a subject, just stick to the subject and not try to say what you think I am or how I act or how I feel. I wouldn't do that to you.

Ron
Old 12-09-2005, 09:31 AM

Ron
To go back to the my original post "WHY?. You said that giving tax money to 'faith-based' organizations was not good. Why is it not good?
Old 12-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default advisor

Depends on the faith based organization. If your talking Catholic schools , than your taking money from the public school system if your talking about churches than the taxpayers that don't belive in the faith that the money is given to lose out. who gets to decide which faith based organization that the money goes to. If its the salvation army then that benifits everyone, but the others don't. Im not sure if its even leagle for the government to give taxpayers money to a faith based organization.

Ron
Old 12-09-2005, 10:16 AM

One issue that has not been raised that keeps popping up in my mind (call me a conspiracy theorist if you will):

Is this move politically motivated? I bet it will be very appealing to the hard-core religious right. Reckon who, or which party, they support with their votes?

Don't give a damn myself who the relief funds are going to, as long as they go to relieve the actual VICTIMS of Hurricanes Katrina & Rita.

Just kinda amuses me to see W hold himself up as the great humanitarian.