The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2004, 05:34 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default something I saw on TV a few weeks ago ...

for what it is worth..

I was at my Mom's house a couple of weeks ago, and there was a 2 hour show on MSNBC about John Kerry and his testimony to Congress about Vietnam in 1971 - 72. I realized why I wasn't aware of it at the time, because I saw hardly any TV coverage of anything from June 1969 - May 1971 while in the Army. Anyway, the effect on me was one of disgust, as I watched Kerry recite the litany of horrors that he said WE ( any of us that served in South East Asia ), were performing on a daily basis. Of course, 33 years later we know that a good deal of the "veterans" and "information" they provided were suspect, to say the least....but the damage was done. There were also taped conversations of President Nixon and his henchmen and what they wanted to do to Kerry. I believe it was Colson who said he would destroy him...

Near the end, during the 1972 Republican convention, there was a picture of Bush Sr., Bush Jr, and Rumsfeld, in the foreground, which reminded me of nothing less than grinning ghouls.....knowing what Nixon was, and what he had done to this country, and what they were willing to do over the next 32 years and beyond...

All of this is just what I observed. Draw your own conclusions.

Larry

P.S. :

I seldom watch the CBS / NBC / ABC nightly news anymore, because they regurgitate almost the same "news" at the same time on every channel, but last night I happened to see a spot on CBS News about how Halliburton is gouging our government at every turn in Iraq and Kuwait, while our troops are maimed and killed. One example was charging $ 100 for 15 lbs. of GI laundry, another was putting their employees up in hotels for $ 100 per night while our troops stayed in tents for $ 1.39 per day...there was lots more. Halliburton, as I am sure you know, was the same Brown and Root, who made all the money from the Vietnam debacle, and who bankrolled the Congressional career of LBJ in the 1930s...