The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-31-2005, 12:33 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default How to Identify Misinformation

http://usinfo.state.gov/media/Archiv...27-595713.html

Now the flip side or rebuttal or corner or edge or whatever you are compelled to believe it is:

http://infowars.net/Pages/Aug05/3008...ettleblack.htm

My questions and thoughts:

How do start a war with Iraq? Read PNAC.

How do you manufacture a biological agent to which the body has no known immunity to? Read the 1969 Congressional House Record. Read what Dr Boyd Graves and Nobel peace laureate and ecologist Wangari Maathai have to say on the subject.

Why are depleted uranium munitions dangerous? Read what the former head of the Pentagon's Depleted Uranium Project, Dr Doug Rokke has to say or physicist and nuclear radiation expert Professor Yagasaki of the University of the Ryukyus, Okinawahas has calculated about DUMs. The depleted uanium is still radioactive and has a half life a lot longer than any of us will ever think about living.

What about the sale of human organs from prisoners urban legend? According to the State Department that wants you to write this off as only a legend states categorically that it is happening in China. http://www.state.gov/g/drl/rls/rm/2001/3792.htm Oh, I guess it's ok when they lead you to believe it's only an urban legend when in fact they report it as being true. Hmmmmmmmmmmm??? Who's selling who the misinformation?

Doc Urb

'Time does not heal all wounds but forgiveness will heal all time.'-"The Disappearence Of The Universe"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I am not sure what this has to do with political debate.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default David...

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!

Such solely has to do with purposeful Political Propaganda, mainly put forth repeatedly for making The Good Old USA look like The Bad Guy and our enemies look good, such as the likes of Fonda (ladies first), Churchill and Moore normally do.
Nothing else.

In fairness to: "Hanoi Jane" Fonda,...at least she took a little hiatus from such despicable nonsense.

Neil
Old 09-01-2005, 06:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Said it before and I?ll say it again; skipping rocks across a lake of knowledge and counting each splash as a ?therefore? is a meaningless exercise in whacking-off mud turtles. Misinformation or fact is identified by an objective and complete multi-source study of the topic at hand. Opinion, conjecture, dogma, speculation or editorializing disguised as fact only have value in the eyes of the beholder and have limited other purpose. These things can serve as data points in a wider search but without substantiation, they can hardly be used to prop up a hypothesis.

At a time, this methodology was taught in Universities and in Engineering Schools was called the ?Scientific Method? of stating a hypothesis and subjecting the hypothesis to proofs and tests. These days it seems that three layers of sheepskin and much Hightower frothing and flopping about is all it takes to promulgate pure BS. Name a topic and there are humpty dozen, dozen Phd. types that will render any judgment that sounds good, it?s just a matter of the remuneration offered, that?s all. When I see a Phd. title or other high title wrapped up with a conspiracy theory, I see nothing but red flags and flashing red lights, put my hand over my wallet and peal carpet getting clear. No point in reading or listening any further, tiz a done deal there and then, toast.

But so long as gravity is still gravity and wasn?t invented by Liberals as I?m sure they?d love too claim, I?ll be able to sort the fly shit from the pepper and the keel deep and cutting the blue, hopefully.

Scamp
Old 09-02-2005, 10:30 AM

How to identify mis-information? Simple..................just look for anything that is signed "urbsdad6"!
Old 09-02-2005, 06:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Why the hell do any of you answer Doc's posts?????

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)