The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2009, 04:42 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default History Channel's "Black History Month"

Anyone out there, Besides me, find this very offencive?
Unless, someone can find a White history month program on the history channel, I believe "Black history month" is racist.
If there was no "Black history month" and the history channel decided to show a "White history month" program, OMG, would Al Sharpton, Jessy Jackson, Joe-don-boony, Wooopy, and all the rest of the that screem racist, would have a field day. Now, does anyone anywhere say one word about there being a Black history month and a program on the History channel about it?

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2009, 05:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

A black person would argue that the remaining months of the year are for "white history". I'd like to see a world without the need for Black History Month or the Black Congressional Congress or the Black Coaches Association or the Jewish Defense League or the Immagrant Farm Workers Association or the Asian American Organization or the American Indian Movement. I wish we could all be considered as one America.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

My Dad was born in Germany and came over here when he was about 14 years old.Drafted in 1940 he fought through Africa , Italy , France and Germany. Was made a American citizen upon discharge in 1945.Proudist citizen I ever knew. Flew the flag every day and you didn't speek German in our house. We were not German - Americans. We were Americans. On the other hand , here in Georgia , the goverment closes down one day in April for Conferate Memorial Day
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 05:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I agree. The 'hyphenization' of America - where we still recognize Mexican-Americans, African-Americans, or even as the recent Miss USA contestant uttered, 'USA-Americans - is one of the basic reason why there is continuing divisiness in our beloved America. The advice of Theodore Roosevelt, spoken long ago, are still applicable today.

Any monies budgeted to promote or sustain any group, activity, program, or action that the hyphenated society should be stricten from the budget. It should never be supported by taxpayer dollars.

America deserves better.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-05-2009, 06:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Only a Jersey Transplant

would think that Confederate Memorial Day was "un-American". As I remember history, Southerners were Americans and fought to keep yankee invaders out of their states. Maybe states-rights isn't a bad idea when you see what a monster our federal government has become. The founding fathers are rolling in their graves.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-05-2009, 06:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There is no day for my Dog-American so I guess every dog doesn't have his day. My son says he is French and the tip of his tail is white in case he needs to surrender to someone.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

RD
A Black can argue that point , but until it is in writing or history channel has a white history month, the argument is directed nowhere.
In fact, if you do a google search for Black (anything) and you will find 100s of sites, WHY?
BET, Black entertainment Telivision, Is there a WET? NO. And so on.

I do agree that we should be Americans, Blacks and Browns put a stop to this every day. You don't see Whites permoting White anything , at least by people with more than 3 brain cells.

African American is not a race, by the way.

Ron
Old 02-05-2009, 11:13 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

As soon as a white person starts to promote "white anything" he's immediately labeled a racist, but if any other race promotes their own we have to accept it. Bit of a double-standard, eh?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:43 AM

Default Ron

With you being a Fireman (LT) as I remember, would you go to a fire with two houses on fire and you only go to the whites house but not the blacks house.??

I dont think so.

enough..............
Old 02-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Reeb
I never said I was a racist, I don't like Blacks just as much as I don't like whites.
It's the Blacks and Browns that are racist. and yes I would have gone to anyones house, Even yours. Well maybe not BOBs.

Ron