The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2003, 03:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to deltamedic
Thumbs down Presidential candidate

We unfortunately here in NC have Senator Edwards whom is making a bid for president next election. Many vets including yours truly have already sent him affirmations that he WON'T get our vote and in fact veterans are beginning to lauch a grass root campaign against him....why?? I do see the raised eyebrows & looks of quandry out there!

This man along with 3 other Senators thought it more important to protect a persons Freedom of expression to burn and desecrate the U.S. flag than to sign on to an Constitutional Amendment banning such actions.

In my opinion; any person that serves this country that has to take the oath under the flag should be willing to protect, defend, and die for that flag. How could I possibly support any individual for President of this great country knowing that he/she is un-
willing to totally protect that which in part their oath says they will protect and defend??? No, I'm afraid Senator Edwards is not presidential material based on his actions or lack thereof.

Perhaps he needs to return his personal injury law practice! NC and American deserve and can do better than this man.

Doc
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2003, 07:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Doc...thanks for the heads up. If by chance this bigot makes it to the primaries, I will willingly cast my vote another direction.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 03-10-2003, 06:29 AM

Send a message via AIM to FlyBoy

Edwards is fool that should be run out of the country. He doesn't stand a chance! Count on it.

:cl:
Old 03-10-2003, 06:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to tdeane

People like him, along with the flag burners, should be taken into the nearest town square and placed tied to a pole and let the stoning begin...$1 a stone, that money would then go to a Total Veterans Fund.

What an idiot.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:34 PM

I'm with you Doc, he ain't worth one vote.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:01 AM

A point well taken Doc..You might remember that Gore tried to claim to be a Tennesseean.We didn't buy it.If he had managed to carry his "home" state he would be president.Believe that was the first time a canidate EVER failed to carry their home state.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:49 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

9thID...goes to show the quality of the man!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 03-17-2003, 09:52 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I heard some of his rant at theDemo's convention on c-span last night. Same old/same old. He like the rest of the crowd cheering him believes we can deal with a meglomanic while hiding behind the flag of the chicken >>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 03-17-2003, 01:17 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Kerry

John Kerry from Massachusetts seems to be Democrat front runner at this point. He is a Nam vet who worked with the brown water navy, sure can't hate him for that. However when he was first elected he had campaign adds where he was standing in front of The Wall and implied all those men would vote for him. That was a lie. Johnny boy is the darling of the far left Hollywood crowd.
He's married a multi-millionaire and has about as much in common with most of us as we have in common with a duck.
In 1970 or 71 when he lead a protest against the war to the steps of the capitol he did not throw his medals on the steps of that building, as was reported. He threw medals that belonged to other vets. Quite a guy.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 03-17-2003, 02:14 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to deltamedic

Had the chance to meet Mr Kerry at one of our reunions couple of years back. Socialable enough but thought a tad bit stuck on himself (I thought).

Doc