Old 12-09-2017, 06:05 AM

Default Kirstjen M. Nielsen Sworn-in as the Sixth Homeland Security Secretary

Kirstjen M. Nielsen Sworn-in as the Sixth Homeland Security Secretary

12-06-2017 09:25 AM

Release Date:
December 6, 2017

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary

WASHINGTON – Today, Ms. Kirstjen M. Nielsen was sworn-in as the sixth Secretary of Homeland Security. Secretary Nielsen was joined by White House and Department officials during a brief swearing-in at the White House. Secretary Nielsen is now the first former Department of Homeland Security (DHS) employee to become the secretary.

“It is my greatest honor to serve as Secretary alongside the remarkable men and women of DHS,” said Secretary Nielsen. “Our nation faces a complex threat landscape that is constantly evolving. I will do my utmost to ensure that the Department meets the threats of today and tomorrow, and to ensure our frontline personnel have the tools and resources to accomplish their vital missions.

“I am humbled by the trust placed in me to lead our Department. I want to thank Deputy Secretary Elaine Duke for her exceptional leadership over the past four months - especially her work leading the response during the destructive Atlantic hurricane season. I look forward to continuing this Administration's work to raise the standards for the security of our homeland in all areas - including securing our borders, protecting Americans from terrorist threats, and securing our cyber networks.”

(DHS Official Photo/ Jetta Disco)

# # #

Keywords:
department of homeland security,
dhs,
Secretary

More...
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links