The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2003, 11:26 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Rode Franks Bike Yesterday

For the first time since I got burned up , 8 months ago , I was able to put my face in the wind all day yesterdayAin't nothing like putting your face in the wind. Been riding for 38 years. Rode Franks Lowrider all day - what a great bike and a great ride . I hope he gave me a thumbs up. Sid took some pic. I know this has little to do with Viet Nam but my brothers and my heart are in this section. Yesterday was hard but a joy to be riding again.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2003, 11:53 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default LT

It has to do with you and a friend, That should be enough. Got my bike out friday and road. Was nice.

Ron
Old 11-24-2003, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Thumbs up

It has everything to do with Vietnam sad as it is. If there had never been a Vietnam chances are slim to none that any of uswould have ever known Frank or each other. That bike is right where it's suppose to be and everyone that knew you and Frank are happy you are able to get on it and ride LT. Thank you for allowing us to be part of your day...Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 11-24-2003, 03:24 PM

Glad you had a good time, you keep Franks memory alive. Take it easy thow, we need you around here.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default endless black ribbon,...

...is yours,...

...lean back, give it gas, and let the clutch out,...

..."write when you find work",...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 11-24-2003, 05:31 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

John...sounds great, I only regret not riding drag for ya. Keep up the fire brother, don't give the bastards any rest!!

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-25-2003, 07:58 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Wink I LIVE TO RIDE MYSELF:

I love to ride myself and have done so for over twenty-five years now. I have a 1982 Honda GL-1100 Full Dresser, all decked out with Custom Mountain Scene Murals and added Chrome. She has almost 70,000 miles on her now and still runs like a Swiss Watch. If she ever dies on me though, and becomes to costly to repair, I hope to buy a new Harley. It would have to be another Full Dresser though as I just love the feel of a Big Bike with all the extras.

The point of this entry though is not to tell everyone about my bike. It is to state that I also know that SPECIAL FEELING that comes with getting on and taking a LONG RIDE until the Primary Tank runs dry and it becomes time to switch over to the Reserve. The feel of freedom that only comes on TWO WHEELS and the knowledge that the world is right around you at that moment. You seem to be more in contact with YOURSELF and YOUR FEELINGS CONCERNING JUST WHAT IS BOTHERING YOU AT THAT MOMENT.

Whenever I start to become depressed over losing my Best Buddy, HM3 Alan R. Gerrish in Vietnam, I just jump on and take that long ride. It is almost as if Alan is riding with me and the two of us no longer have to contend with the Ghosts of Vietnam. By the time I return home, I am refreshed and I then feel as if Alan has again helped me get through another depressing moment that I had previously been forced to endure.

I guess what I am attempting to say DMZ-Lt, (and probably doing a very bad job if it) is that you are not alone concerning your feelings about riding Frank's Bike. I have experienced EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS MYSELF. I don't think that it is THE RIDING OF THE BIKE ITSELF SO MUCH as it is THE FEELING THAT FRANK WAS RIGHT THERE WITH YOU WHILE YOU WERE MAKING THAT RIDE.

I know there are other of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters out there who also love to ride on two wheels. Have you ever experienced the same feelings that DMZ-Lt and I have felt?

Here is hoping that all my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters have the BEST THANKSGIVING POSSIBLE. As always I also wish you all: WELCOME HOME:

VIETNAM 1968
Old 11-25-2003, 09:14 AM
Doc.2/47

Have had an on-going love affair with the two-wheelers since the age of 14.There is nothing in the world quite like 'em.Have not always been able to afford to have one around and getting to ride again after an absence feels to me like getting to breathe after haveing had to hold your breath for a really long time.Just AHHHhhhh!and all is right with the world.Sometimes it's not about where you're going;it's just about going.

Bless you John.Frank rides with you and that's a great and wonderful thing.Take him somewhere nice,you both deserve it.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

When White Oak brought Franks bike to my house he gave me two patches that said " Riding in memory of Frank " Torch " Skokan " I have one sewed on my jacket and one on my vest.
Old 11-25-2003, 11:09 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default LT

Its surprising how a bike ride can lift your spirits, any time I get down from a hard days work, I get on my bike and go nowhere fast.
I really need to by a cruser bike. I have this 145 horsepower fire breathing V-Max that will light the back tire when ever you want. It will wipe the smile right off your face. You know that feeling when you look up and there are 30 VC in front of you and your 8 feet away from the claymore generator, Thats the same thing when you twist the right handlebar.

Make sure you have some good leather.

Ron