I`ll get on it.

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2003, 01:42 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up RAFTING

I'd for sure be up for a Psyco Vet rafting trip. When my kids were growing up we did alot of whitewater rafting. I had my own professional quality 8 man raft. We rafted quite a few western rivers. We ran both ends of the Spokane R. almost year round. I've also run the Wenatchee; been raft camping on the Naches above Yakima; the Priest R. in ID; the Moyie above Hwy. 2 in ID; the N. Fork of the Flathead R. above Polebridge, MT; the Clark Fork R. above Missoula, MT; the S. Fork of the American R in CA; the Tuolomne R. below Yosemite NP, CA.

Griz, I always wanted to run the Lochsa but never got around to it. Some BIG water in the Spring. Also the Selway. Your friend probably guides on both.

Keith, you're a good man.

P.S. I'll have to dig out some rafting pictures to post on here.
Old 06-28-2003, 06:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I'm in!!!!

Yeah, lets do it!! Plenty of places out here on the left coast--I don't know about the South--I saw Deliverance. Some mighty peculiar social customs there like in SF.

Something else I been thinking about: Jumping again--the last time I did it was in '93--George Bush Senior inspired me to do it!!-- and I thought that was it but the urge is starting to hit me again. Anybody interested in it?

James

PS: See you all next Thursday
Old 06-28-2003, 08:19 AM

Camping and shooting the rapids with friends and family--It don't get no better than that. Went for years to the Guadalupe below Canyon lake near San Marcus ,Tx also the Frio near Utopia,Tx. Lots of fun and good memories.
Old 06-28-2003, 09:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Well folks!

For about $17 each I can rent a rubber raft. Rill Adventures takes care of everything except the food and drink. Ten miles of pretty mild white water rafting on the Yakima. Just 100 miles from downtown Seattle. Any takers?

The Yakima is not the Middle Fork of the Salmon River. Pretty safe rafting. We have taken our seniors group 65+ down the Yakima river on several occassions. They get a kick out of it.

The Yakima is the number One Fly fishing River in the State of Washington. Catch and Release only.

Keith

P.S. Almost every year we have a College Kid drown on the Yakima. They are usually inter tubing and in every case legally drunk and not using life vests. A big river like the Yakima (even a fairly slow flowing river) is not forgiving when dumb mistakes are made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im001925.jpg (451.9 KB, 69 views)
Old 06-28-2003, 11:08 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Count me in for rafting in Aug 04 - I'll be 57 then but hopefully can have one last adventure before I cross the river and rest in the shade of a tree sucking a lemon. geeeze Sid we are ONLY 56 - lets wait till we are about 87 for that last adventure. Looking forward to this trip though
Attached Images
File Type: jpg im001927.jpg (433.4 KB, 54 views)