The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2003, 04:10 PM

Default Texas Lawmakers

As alot of you know I dont get into Polotics, but today more than a hand full of DEMS walked off the job and now warrants are out for their arrest.

The Dem are protesting every thing from the price of gas to lord knows who or what.

The Reps are willing to give all and each of us a Tax reduction accordingly.

Just want some more info on this critical situation from anyone that will answer ( no matter Dem or Rep Or Pri.)

enough..........
Old 05-13-2003, 05:18 AM

Default More Tax Money Wasted

Now the Texas State Troopers are in Ok watching the Democrats just NOT JACK DIDDLIE SHI-.

The Tx Troopers have no Juristriction there, SO WHY THE FUC- ARE THEY THERE??????

Ardmore ,Ok Police are on the site at the Holiday Inn also.

WHAT A WASTE OF TAX MONEY!!!!!!!

All that Money they are wasting right now could and should go towards more important things and personnell, LIKE THE DAV........

Bunch of Demorcrat and Republicans that need a BABY SITTER!!!! Hell 5.00 an hour for a baby sitter is alot cheaper than hundreds of thousands.

DAMN POLOTIans can get away with Rape, Murder, and just plain STUPITY.........

YES I AM PISSED OFF AND I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE, JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS FREE LAND OF THE USA.....

ENOUGH..............
Old 05-13-2003, 08:11 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Texas

REEB,
As far as I know the democrat legislators refused to go to work in protest because your state government is about the redistrict. Changing the boundaries for congressional districts means the party in power will gain more seats by Gerrymandering the districts. (An idea that was invented in Massachusetts to keep the Federalist Party in power - several years ago.)
When the Democrats protested by not attending meetings at your capital, the speaker of the house has the right to issue a ?Warrant of Duces Tacum?. Which sort of means, any cop who sees these wayward elected officials is ordered to, seize the person and present them to the folks who are in charge at the capitol.
The Democrats must have decided to go over the state line to avoid arrest. The Rangers would go over the line to present the warrants to the Oklahoma police and then ask an Oklahoma judge to honor the warrants and rendite them back to Texas.
Yep, lots of money and lots of kids games being played. Maybe someone should write a letter to a big newspaper demanding that these elected officials pay restitution for the money they cost both states. This could be done by putting a lean on their pay checks. The legislators who left the state are protesting but they have also left their jobs, it?s ashame they can?t be fired.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking The Speaker of the House

Boy, did he make a dumb mistake!

Leave the trouble makers out of the process and it would go a lot quicker.

When I was mayor of a city we had a similiar law in the State of Washington. If we lacked a quoram I could send the police after a council person so we could have a meeting. Never used the law. But, I would imagine a phone call would work quite well.

Keith
Old 05-13-2003, 09:10 AM

puts a whole new meaning to run for the border,Texas you got to love them never would have though of doing that out here in south Car. we haven't got that many dem. in the state house.
razz
Old 05-13-2003, 12:57 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The only Country I ever worked in that had work truancy police was the former Soviet Union. They had a separate Cop shop and set of Cops for every occasion and it was only by the color of the hatbands that one could tell the difference. The all wore the Red Army tunic, etc., but one group of Cops searched the homes, parks and shops for anyone playing hokey from work. I suppose Ivan and Olga had a tough time slipping away to go tiptoeing through the tulips and faced something like Lubiankia time if they got busted. I flashed on that memory this AM when reading about the great Austin legislative caper, what a hoot. They?ll figure it out somehow or another, maybe. I guess one Gal actually got arrested and delivered to work. Now that had to be something to see I?d bet, yikes. I?ll bet she was fit to be tied or otherwise restrained and/or cocktailed. :ek:

Scamp
Old 05-13-2003, 01:44 PM

Damn Good idea Andy.

Make them pay the restitution, but also have them do some "Community Service" deal also.

They are the ones that make and pass the laws, so add that to the top of the list.

Not to change the subject, but it in reality is the same. Richard Petty famous NASCAR Driver was arressted a few years back for speeding in his own vehicle. He had to go to court and pay the fine and go through "Defensive Driving" course. Duh!! Same should be with these POLOTICIANS....

enough.........
Old 05-13-2003, 02:42 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Boy, is my face red!

Just when I thought we had lived down the embarrassment of having the Dixie Chicks claim Texas as their home, here come the Texas Democrats, adding another level of red-faces to the scene.

Here I thought we had elected people to serve the constituents, and instead, some of them are taking a vacation to, of all places, Oklahoma! Now, you know things are really bad, when a Texan chooses to vacation in Oklahoma - nothing against my northerly neighbors, but we purposefully dug that Red River to keep the likes of Barry Switzer and his ilk out of the state! The good news is that when these erstwhile legislators went to Oklahoma, they raised the IQ of both States! The bad news is we have to take them back.

Don't believe the issue is quite as 'saucered and blown' as ol' Andy would have us believe: gerrymandering, truly invented and perfected by our yankee brethen, is not the sole determinant of our wayward Democratic shysters. And I believe that full restituion is in order; putting a lien on their paychecks is not the answer - cut them off from the $$Lobb$$yi$tS and they'll squell like a pig in Deliverance.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 05-13-2003, 10:06 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

In the Good Ole' Days when the wild west was all Territories The Texas Rangers had Jurisdiction the same as Federal Marshalls right now I bet they wished the Prez would give them Jurisdiction to bring back the AWOL democrats in Okla. Only the Democrats would think to block the peoples bussiness by going AWOL to prevent a Quoram .
Old 05-14-2003, 04:10 AM

Put the Icing on the cake.

Dallas Mayor Miller was just on the news, and her Husband is one of the AWOL members.

She also stated that she didnt have worries of threat cause there were TWO State Troopers parked at her house all night long.

More tax money down the drain........

enough.........