Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2010, 08:10 PM

Angry Sell out the USA to get Votes!

September 14, 2010
Reid adds controversial immigration measure to defense bill
Posted: September 14th, 2010 05:55 PM ET

From CNN Congressional Producer Ted Barrett
Harry Reid said he will add the DREAM Act to a defese policy bill next week.

Washington (CNN) - Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Tuesday he will add the DREAM Act, a controversial immigration measure, to a defense policy bill the Senate will take up next week.
The decision means the defense bill, which often passes with bipartisan support, will be home to two major, thorny political issues – the other being the repeal of the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
Reid called the DREAM Act "really important" and said it should be passed because it provides a path to citizenship for young illegal immigrants who go to college or serve in the military. DREAM is an acronym for Development, Relief and Education of Alien Minors Act.
"I know we can't do comprehensive immigration reform," Reid said at a news conference. "But those Republicans we had in the last Congress have left us."

Many Hispanic voters are angry with Democratic leaders for not doing more to pass an immigration overhaul. The decision by Reid to add the DREAM Act now could help soothe that anger.
Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell called Reid's decision "needlessly controversial."
The Senate will need 60 votes to take up the bill next week, and Reid said Tuesday he doesn't know if he has enough votes.

I don't know what Planet Reid is from but He is Alien to this Country!

"provides a path to citizenship for young illegal immigrants who go to college or serve in the military." I am more and more glad that I am out of the Military with this Bull taking place. I cannot get my mind around this crap, it is incomprehensible!

Vote them all out of this Country, Time is running out! They do not love this Country, they love POWER and POSITION!

We will not have anything left if this keeps up, it is time to get over Denial, it is happening in America!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:16 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Boze,...

Such shouldn't surprize You or any other Honestly & Totally Informed American (NOT Dem
slanted or deceptive or purposefully one-sided informed ) and/or FNC (Fox News Channel) viewer.

Many of America's Ruling Elite are & have been been guilty of that: "Sell out the USA to get Votes!" Governmental Travesty FOR MANY YEARS,...and typically bipartisan Buying of Votes
with MY/YOUR/OUR Monies to-boot.

Disgustingly makes no difference whatsoever whether MILLIONS of Votes are Purchased from
American Citizens on Welfare or MILLIONS of: "Criminally Illegal Aliens" costing U.S. Taxpayer
Funds, EVERY WHICH WAY POSSIBLE...plus Free Legal Defenses prior inevitable Incarcerations
or jailings.

Whatever, We have been so ripped-off & screwed-over by Our Rulers for Too-damn-many Years! We deserve MUCH BETTER! Plus, DON'T We Aways Pay for MUCH BETTER!?!?

I believe We Americans should FINALLY at least be concerned about as much as Our Political
Rulers obviously are & have longtime been pandering & capitulating to America's LARGE:
"Criminally Illegal Alien" population (many other foreign national enemies abroad also).

Neil
Old 09-15-2010, 06:15 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow

Reid: Coons, 'my pet,' will win

By J. Taylor Rushing - 09/15/10 03:55 PM ET

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Wednesday predicted to The Hill that Democratic Senate candidate Chris Coons will safely win the Nov. 2 general election against GOP nominee Christine O'Donnell.

Reid talked up the New Castle County executive following a memorial ceremony on the Capitol's east steps to commemorate the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. O'Donnell on Tuesday night won the GOP nomination to face Coons in November — a result that has split the national Republican Party.

But Reid said Coons would have won even if Rep. Mike Castle (R) had prevailed over O'Donnell.

"I'm going to be very honest with you — Chris Coons, everybody knows him in the Democratic caucus. He's my pet. He's my favorite candidate," Reid said.

"Let me tell you about him: A graduate of Yale Divinity School. Yale Law School. A two-time national debate champion. He represents two-thirds of the state now, in an elected capacity. I don't know if you've ever seen him or heard him speak, but he is a dynamic speaker. I don't mean loud or long; he's a communicator. So that's how I feel about Delaware. I've always thought Chris Coons is going to win. I told him that and I tried to get him to run. I'm glad he's running. I just think the world of him. He's my pet."

Asked if he believed the Tea Party movement was hurting the Republican Party, Reid simply said, "Republicans have to decide that."

Source:
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/119017-reid-coons-qmy-petq-will-win-de-senate-seat

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote