The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2002, 05:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Cool Labonte to honor Flight 93 heroes at Dover

saw this on another forum....

CONCORD, N.C. -- Like most Americans, Bobby Labonte had heard Todd Beamer's name countless times in the months following Sept. 11, 2001. He was well aware what occurred on United Flight 93 in the skies over rural Pennsylvania.

However, until Joe Gibbs Racing vice president of marketing Dave Alpern offered up an idea earlier this year, Labonte didn't realize that Beamer was a spearhead in executing one of the most heroic deeds in American history -- grounding that plane, which had been hijacked by terrorists.

"Sure, I'd heard Todd's name, of course, but never really associated it with anything else," Labonte said. "So when (Alpern) came to me and asked about running this paint scheme, and told me what it was for and what it was all about, it was just a natural thing. I thought it sounded great, sounded like a honor."

To honor Beamer and his fallen comrades, Labonte will run a special paint scheme this weekend at Dover International Speedway. The scheme, which includes Beamer's now famous battle cry "Let's Roll" on the hood, will benefit the Todd M. Beamer Foundation.

http://www.nascar.com/2002/news/head...oll/index.html

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2002, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I read the article. This is an outstanding idea and they are right Todd Beamer and the rest of the passengers did perform one of the most heroic deeds in American history. I wish the foundation great success and if they have any at all they will have passed along the highest ideals among men.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 02:24 AM
Doc.2/47

Yes.That is a fine thing to do.The actions of those passengers should not be forgotten.