The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Warfare > Nuclear/Biological/Chemical

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-04-2010, 01:42 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Governor-Elect Nikki Haley To Obama: “The People of South Carolina Want Their Money B

Governor-Elect Nikki Haley To Obama: “The People of South Carolina Want Their Money Back”

Posted by Jim Hoft on Saturday, December 4, 2010, 11:39 AM

South Carolina Governor-elect Nikki Haley confronted President Obama this week during his meeting with the nation’s governors.

(RedState image)

Haley told the president that if his administration does not honor the federal government’s nuclear energy commitments then,

“The people of South Carolina want their money back.”

The Post and Courier reported:
Haley said she also asked the president if he would honor the federal government’s commitment on developing a nuclear waste repository. When he said he would not revisit opening Nevada’s Yucca Mountain, “I said, ‘Then give us our money back.’ ”

The site 90 miles northwest of Las Vegas was proposed to house more than 4,000 metric tons of high-level nuclear waste from South Carolina’s Savannah River Site. The state and Washington have sued over Obama’s attempt to kill plans for the storage site after decades of study.

“SRS has done a good job, but that was a temporary solution.
It was never meant to be a permanent solution,” Haley said she told him. “The federal government has reneged on its promise, and the people of South Carolina want their money back.”

South Carolina’s power plants and its customers have contributed more than $1 billion over nearly 30 years to a permanent repository.

She says Obama pledged that he would have Energy secretary Steven Chu call her promptly.

“I will wait for that phone call, and if I don’t get it, I will be calling
, but I feel he was being genuine,” she said.
Hat Tip Michael

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.co...ir-money-back/

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

So what if the Sec. of the Dept of Energy calls? All it will amount to is stalling, verbal horse manure, equivocation, indecision, and ineptitude, more permanent markers of this abysmally incompetent administration.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote