The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2004, 04:01 PM

Gunner,

Welcome Home!

I'm the self designated groupie around here. And as usual I am always a little on the late side, but I try to make it up in volume.

VN Vets have a real soft spot in my heart, having had brothers and Uncles that served during that time.
I also wanted to say...from the bottom of my heart and with all feeling I possess...

Thank You for your service and sacrifice! I truly and honestly appreciate all that you have done so that I may live in this wonderful, slightly askewed, country that we all call home.

Please share your stories. For only through each of you who were there can I and other generations learn. Your knowlege is precious and needs to be shared.

Thanks again,
DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2004, 04:36 PM

Thank You Dragon Lady for the kind words, I do appreciate it, you really make a Vet feel at home. I will look forward to telling some more of the Vietnam experiences.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:02 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

I suppose I am just another groupie..been here a while but then been gone a while to. So welcome home. Kind of for both of us.

Thanks for all you have done for our country...I'm proud of all that have served. No matter how I feel about the conflicts themselves I strongly support our guys!

Hoyin
Old 03-14-2004, 07:38 AM

Good Morning, nice day here in Omaha, around 40 degrees and sunny. Good to be alive. Just wanted to wish all my brothers a great day and thanks for being there. Welcome home.

Love you all.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Clark

Get to Church.

Keith
Old 03-14-2004, 09:11 AM

Default AND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take Keith with you!!!!!!!!
SF
NC
Old 03-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Electric Strawberry Supreme

Welcome Clark, Being the official Psyco Vets Greeter, you are officially greeted. Hang around and get to know us a little and maybe next year come meet some of us. Please do not let any mental or physical affliction or addiction get in the way, Most of us are one or the other and several are both. Last year two marines were at the campout and got to comparing prostethic legs. One was right the other was left. They now trade shoes. Welcome home Bro.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:17 AM

PHO127 Thanks for the welcome.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Clark
The invite is still open. Got a good set of ramps for the pickup.
We can wheel you in, strap you down, grit your teeth and hold on. we'll be there in 8 hours.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default 60gunner

Just thought I would tell you a little about the Psyco Vets Motorcycle Club. We are a brotherhood of Vetrans, Basically we tend to range on the extreme side of whatever our feelings happen to be at any given time. Mostly we communicate with each other thru this site but lately we have decided to try and meet each other when and where possible and have tried to establish a campout once or twice a year. This year seems to be the biggest and best, we have 2 campouts scheduled one at our PSYCO MOUNTAIN Retreat, Bar & Grill and car wash the weekend of April 23rd the other the weekend of the 31st of July and following weekend somewhere in the Seattle area of Washington State. Most of us have PTSD in Various form of regression, aggression or transgression. Most of us are "Heavily Medicated For Your Protection" A phrase coined by one of our members who passed away last year. I think any who have met will tell you it was just like we had known each other all our lives but just haven't seen each other in a while. I will tell you this, I met the Doc that saved my life 30+ years ago thru this site and at a Campout, it can happen.