The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2004, 05:49 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default PHO Here

We are at Griz's house and all are safe, We made it thru the fishing trip but I am not cut out for small boats in rough water. I took Dramamine the night before, the morning of and on the boat. I quit puking when I got to the furry thing because I thought it was my A$$ hole. Then the boat pulled out of the slip. Really we had a good time. I started off with a bait fish and caught a 54 pound Salmon but it got ate by a 43 foot shark. I wanted to bring it back but they wouldn't let me have pets on the plane. HONEST

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2004, 05:55 PM

Distinctions
Talking Keith Here!

We are working on reality therapy for the group. Bob, I need your help. Where is Curtis when I need him.I'm overwhelmed. Help!

Keith

Peace,Griz
Old 08-07-2004, 03:43 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default here,...

...but there in spirit,...

...hope all is going well for all of you,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 08-07-2004, 10:17 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

Hey you all..I'm in Arizona with friends due to a health thing, Paul is home still remodeling and because of that, the health issue, timing (kids start school in a few days) we werent able to make it..still I am with you all in my heart and miss you all.
How was the trip? Who got the biggest fish? Post pictures!!
Hoyin
Old 08-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

Hoyin you better come over here and visit before you go back
Old 08-07-2004, 03:17 PM

Distinctions

WHAT A GREAT TIME!
Wish you all could have been here...You missed a dandy of a party! I just woke up from a two hour power nap,after saying 'till we meet again' to Tom and Kath and James this morning as they headed south-T&K at about 7 and James a few hours later.
So...Thurs night I`m telling Tom and James not to worry and go ahead and get a couple of hours of sleep,as I have set my trusty,crusty 20 year old alarm clock for 0200 so we can get up and get to the charter boat on time.Good thing Tom awoke to answer a call of nature at 0230.A quick stop at the local store for a large coffee and we were off-at a speed well exceeding the legal speed limit trying to make up for the time lost due to my now retired alarm clock.Things were going along fine until a tribal cop on the little Skokomish Indian reservation took exception to our doing 65 in a 45 and cost us all the time that we had gained thus far.Luckily,time was all it cost cause your silver-tounged reporter talked us out of a ticket.At the time we were supposed to be getting on the boat,we were still 40 miles out.I called the charter outfit and pleaded my best shot-I lied and said we were 20 miles away and to hold the boat.At this point I really turned up the wick (80-90mph) and we wheeled in just as the deckhand was unlashing the bow line.To the very vocal cheers and jeers of the rest of the crew we jumped aboard and out in the blue Pacific we headed,amid lots of introductions and hugs and hand-shakes.
Sid won the "First to Chum" award,followed shortly thereafter by Chris.Sid was also the first to holler FISH ON! but found out that jellyfish don`t count.Fact is,fishing was pretty slow,but by the end of the day we caught enough fish to feed us all,and then some.
Friday found us all at my house in Sunny Sequim eatin steamed clams,oysters (raw,b-b-qed,fried,smoked),several variations of salmon,and even some yellow tailed rock fish that we had caught.We ate,talked,laughed and cried well into the night,and I hope everyone had a great a time being here as I had having everyone.
Kati and I love you all and I`m already looking forward to next year.
I`ll get some pictures up soon.

Peace,Griz
Old 08-07-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Two Ferry Boats and one more

Stop at a liquor store and we are back at my Bro Rays house. We had the best time at Griz's house and you could not have had a better host or food. Clams, Oysters Fresh Salmon and something that I caught. We laughtd and Cried and had a great time. LT and I are down to about 15 hours to departure back to Atlanta, We just got here and are going back. Dosen't seem is if it could possibly have been 9 days already. I have pictures to post when we get back. PHO
Old 08-07-2004, 08:13 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

Sid those little bitty crabs you offered to BBQ reminded me of something I seen in a navy hygene training film are you sure you bought them from a seafood shop.?
Old 08-07-2004, 09:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Thank You!

Thank You Kati and Griz,

Perfectly wonderful host and hostess. (Kati picked on me but I still love ya Kati)
James is a great gentleman, Ray is a very fine man, Chris is always a fine man, of Course Griz and Kati are wonderful, Tom and Kath are the best. Then we come to my friends Sid and John: In spite of their outward projections of being crude and rough around the edges they are some of the finest men I've met. Missed Andy being here because I understand that Andy can tell stories as well as these two gentlemen. I understand that John was being towed behind the boat when Sid caught the Shark. John please don't let Sid use as Shark bait again. I understand that you were pushed overboard and now they have convinced you that you accidently fell overboard. John you must be more careful on the friends you choose. I had a wonderful time! What a great bunch of folks.

Thank YOU Kati and Griz.

Keith
Old 08-07-2004, 11:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Hoyin

David..er..um..I leave Arizona on Monday..and I'm flying..but I get to stop in somewhere near LA and sit in the plane. Yeah fun.
I'll wave.I do plan on getting down there ...I may be in Chino in October and I'd just keep going south..
Thats if you can put up with us two.
Hoyin