The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2004, 10:20 AM

Wink My Name is Clark Lohmann, I live in Omaha Nebraska

Hello MORTARDUDE, CLARK LOHMANN HERE LETTING YOU GUYS KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT MYSELF. I SERVED WITH BRAVO COMPANY 2-22 INF MECH DEC 67-JUNE 68. I AM LEARNING THIS SITE AT THE HELP OF MORTARDUDE, I AM GETTING TO KNOW ALOT MORE BRAVO PEOPLE BY EMAIL. MORTARDUDE, GARY, AND HOPEFULLY MANY MORE WITH YOUR HELP GENTLEMEN. OUR NEXT REUNION IS IN KANSAS CITY, MO IN MAY OF 2005 AND THIS WILL ALL BE ON THE NEWSLETTERS ONCE I CAN GET YOU MEN IN WITH US.
I THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW A LITTLE ABOUT MY VIETNAM EXPERIENCE, I WAS ASSIGNED WITH B CO IN DEC 67, I SPENT CHRISTMAS ON BERM GUARD AND THE COMPANY CAME IN AND WE WENT NORTH AND SET UP OUR PERIMETER ON THE CAMBODIAN BORDER IT WAS WELL USED I HEARD LATER AND THEY EXPECTED US TO GET HIT AND HIT WE DID. ON JAN 1-2 OF 68 AT 11 P.M. UNTIL 6A.M. THEY CAME WITH A HUMAN WAVE ATTACK I WAS ON LP LISTEN POST ALL NIGHT IN BETWEEN THE GOOKS AND OUR PEOPLE, AT LIGHT THEY CAME OUT AND GOT US I WAS RADIOING MESSAGES ALL NIGHT ABOUT THE MOVEMENT THERE WERE ABOUT 35 BODIES AROUND AND NEAR OUR LP HOLE AND IN ALL 401 NVA AND VC WERE KILLED WE LOST 23 AMERICANS. TO THIS DAY I THINK THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME I NEVER GOT TO BE A FNG I WAS IN BATTLE FROM THE START. ON MARCH 13 BRAVO WAS A BLOCKING FORCE FOR CHARLEY CO, THEY GOT MEN PINNED DOWN IN AN AMBUSH SO THEY SENT BRAVO IN TO TRY AND RESCUE THEM, WE GOT AMBUSHED I HIT THE DIRT AND AIMED MY SIXTY TO SEE WHERE THE FIRE WAS COMING FROM AND BAM IT WAS TORN RIGHT OUT OF MY HANDS BY AN AK-47 THROUGH THE FEED TRAY, SO ALL I COULD GET OFF WAS ONE SHOT THE ONE IN THE BARRELL, THE GOOKS NEXT SHOT GRAZED MY LEFT EYE FROM THEN ON ALL I COULD DO WAS PRAY HE KEPT SHOOTING THE 47'S HITTING NEXT TO MY HEAD BUT GOD ANSWERED AND HE DID NOT HIT ME AGAIN. AND FINALLY MAY 27TH OF 68 WE HIT A 500LB BOMB THEY TOLD ME AND BLEW THE APC ALL TO SHIT I WOKE UP TWO DAYS LATER WITH MY SPLEEN GONE MY LEFT WRIST FRACTURED AND HAVE LOST CONTACT WITH ALL MY BROTHERS UNTIL THE REUNION OF 2000 IN CLEVELAND, BUT THERE IS ONLY A FEW OF US. JERRY PIERCE FILLED ME IN ON THE 27TH ISSUE HE WAS BEHIND US AND TOLD ME HIS MEDIC BEAT ON MY CHEST AND BLEW IN MY MOUTH AND THEY THREW ME ON THE DUST OFF AND UNTIL THEN FOR 30 SOME YEARS HE THOUGHT I WAS DEAD. BESIDES YOUR S&D MISSIONS AND NIGHT AMBUSHES EVERYNIGHT AND LAYING WITH THE BUGS AND THE RED ANTS THIS IN SHORT WAS MY VIETNAM CAREER.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:28 AM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

60....Welcome home and welcome aboard! Thank you for your service.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:51 AM

Welcome aboard
and welcome home, to you and that medic. You ever find him, thank him for all of us.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the nice words, and welcoming me aboard. No I never did find the medic but I would sure like to, if I do I will do exactly what you said. Wecome Home to all of you Brothers.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:48 PM

Welcome home and welcome to the site, sounds like you had a rough time for a new guy. Just glad you here with us today.
Old 03-07-2004, 01:39 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Welcome aboard

Clark,

Thank you for your service.

Welcome aboard.

Keith
Old 03-07-2004, 01:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Clark
Glad You found us....Sit back and enjoy the reading and feel free to add your comments. Welcome home
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-07-2004, 03:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

60 -
You are gonna feel right at home here... so, might just as well consider pulling up a chair (or stand if you prefer), grab a cup of your favorite adult beverage, and speak your peace piece as often as you please.

Welcome home...

p.s. Some of us bite back
Old 03-07-2004, 04:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Welcome home! We are all a little nutty here but what can I say, we earned it.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Shouda called you Lucky. Welcome home. Peace