The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2006, 05:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Bill

I tryed to join that yahoo thing once before and it didn't work. I may try again latter this week. Mike talks about having a 'door gunner' on his truck and couldn't remember the name of his truck. [we only named gun trucks.] He mentioned a camp tomahawk on route one. Did you ever hear of that place? We have a boy scout camp by that name in Minn.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2006, 06:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to Bill Farnie
Distinctions
VOM 

There was a FSB Tomahawk located near the coast off of QL-1

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 07-02-2006, 10:56 AM

Mr Farnie, Sir!
Please check your e-mail, for 2 e-mails from me. Should they not reach you for unknown techincal reasons, please let me know. Am able to be online tomorrow aswell, but will leave for south by Tuesday, and not be back again until Saturday. No internet-connection down there....

T G C!

Sincerely
A.B
Old 07-02-2006, 11:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

A.B Recieved and thanks

It is well that war is so terrible, or we should get too fond of it. General Robert E. Lee
Old 07-02-2006, 02:36 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

A. B. :

Just wanted to thank you for all the links you have posted to help others. There isn't any info on your profile. Just wondered if you would let us know a little bit about you. Thanks again !!

Larry
Old 07-03-2006, 03:13 AM

Mortardude, Sir!

Thank You, for your kind words!

Well, I am rather a dull person really, notorious for my odd humor, and for my ability to write both lengthy as well as rambling. At least when writing direct e-mail and/or "PM"'s. When posting on forums, I do try my best to keep as short as possible.

Something I Do Need to point out, is that I am Not a Veteran of US Armed Forces! Actually, I am not even an American. I am Swedish since birth (reside in Sweden still), 41 years young/old, and (he he he) "married with children". Well, child to be exact, as I only have 1 daughter. Actually, today, it is my daughters 5th Birthday. She and my wife just went out the door to do some "mother-daughter"-stuff.

If you wonder why I at a few occasions have posted photographs (2 today), but none containing myself in them, well.... That is just because "I'm uglier'n sh-t". To tell you the truth, I am a real "scooter". So with that in mind...

I served in Swedish Armed Forces for a short period earlier, both in AF as well as ARMY. The units served in are:

F21 Lulea/Kallax AFB (21st Air Wing).
RR40 Co (F4-det.).
F4 Ostersund/Froson AFB (4th Air Wing. No longer operational).
I1 Stockholm/Kungsangen (1st Inf. Rgt).

Studies at Air Wings:
F6 Karlsborg (No longer oper.).
F15 Soderhamn (No longer oper.).
F14 Halmstad (School Wing. No longer operational).
FVRF edu-camp Oland.

I am however a civilian now since several years, working nightshifts as a security guard. Something which explains my sometimes odd hours of posting, considering the fact that I reside in Sweden/"CET-Central European Time zone". When so, I am posting/e-mailing from a computer at work, which we are allowed to use for internet-surfing as well so to say.

To explain why I, a Swede whom is Not a Veteran, am in contact with US military personnel, both Veterans as well as currently active, would take up to much space to really fully explain. But my contact with US military Veterans began in late winter/early spring of the year 2000.

I am a little uncertain of what else to really tell about myself. I hope that the above is of a little better help in order to "get an image" regarding of "who" I am. Otherwise, please ask if there is anything you are wondering about, about me.

There is one thing I also do wish to ask of anyone reading this post by me. Should my writing look "strange" or be subject of possible "uncertain interpretation of intent and meaning", then please just ask me what you feel uncertain about of how to interpret. As English is not my native language, there are times when I am easily misunderstood, due to lack of linguistic skills in English. Both grammatically, aswell as when it comes to spelling. This is especially noticeable, "early" during my times of being online, as it takes my brain some time to "switch" from "Swedish mode" to "English mode" so to say.

The reasons for my contacts with US military personnel, is basically that I see You as my "military peers". By this, it is my intent to conduct myself as a such, showing respect for You, and if possible, try to be of help/assistance when ever I may be able to. Should anything I write feel as perhaps possibly being disrespectful, just ask me to explain further in detail. As of yet, this has always proven to be a misunderstanding solely based on my lack of skills in the English language, rather than my intents being disrespectful. In other words ,I am asking you for your patience with me, when it comes to my "rambling".

And as just having written that word, "rambling", I feel I should end this reply here.

T G C! (=Take Good Care!)

Sincerely
A.B
Old 07-03-2006, 03:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Bill

People on the atav site are starting to question if this Mike guy is real. He says his unit got 14 accomodations and he worked with the alfa avengers at FSB Tomahawk. What if anything is the alfa avengers???? to bad the army lost all his records
Old 07-03-2006, 03:55 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

A.B.
You wanna see "Ugly" just go to the 2004, 2005, 2006 east coast campout in the gallery section...As a matter of fact, if you look up the word "ugly" in Websters dictionary, it gives direct reference to that area of this site.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 07-03-2006, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

I'm always happy to see a "furr-in-ner" join the site and you are especially welcome A.B.
Quote:
[i] As English is not my native language, there are times when I am easily misunderstood, due to lack of linguistic skills in English. Both grammatically, as well as when it comes to spelling. This is especially noticeable, "early" during my times of being online, as it takes my brain some time to "switch" from "Swedish mode" to "English mode" so to say.
Tip; Write your post on in a "MS Word" format and have Word do a "Spell check" at which time it highlights the errors both in spelling and grammar and if you right click on those highlighted errors and Word will suggest a correction. I did it with your post and corrected errors that didn't seem to be intentional by merely copying to Word and then pasting the corrections on the edit screen. Welcome aboard troop.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Steve,

He probably means Alpha Avengers referring to an infantry unit?s Alpha company, what unit I don?t know. My company was the Delta Death Dealers. Just a name to sound badass. I have to laugh at the 14 "accomodations", sounds like a hotel reservation. If he is for real, he?s suffering from PTSD big time and needs help. I read where he was offered some help but more or less blew it off with a senseless diatribe. I was going to jump in but the more he writes the more he is sealing his own fate by being barred from the forum.

Edit: I couldn't keep my big mouth shut and made a post