The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Active Duty > Active Duty Personnel

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2003, 07:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default OK...

...I'm gonna schelp on it, but by morning's mail, I'll have a letter out to Company D, postage due, (we'll charge it to Brad)...

.......................BASIC TRAINING 101 BY BRAD"........................

101-A, Do not step on the DI's boots when departing the bus...
101-B, Do not lick them clean...
101-C, Do not sip from flask in receiving line...
101-D, Do not throw up on DI's boots after sipping from flask...
101-E, Do not lick them clean...
101-F, Do not show your "death before dishonor" tatoo...
101-G, Do not spit "YES FUR" in your DI's face...
101-H, Do not start push ups without authorization...
101-I, Do not ask to use the restroom...
101-J, Do not ask "when we gonna eat"...
101-K, Do not write these crib notes on forearm...
101-L, Do not state "just a trim"...
101-M, Do not say "5 MILES" OUT LOUD...
101-N, Do not eat the fruit salad from your DI's chest...
101-0,...

TBC...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2003, 05:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Just sent him a quick letter ( I still remember how much I hoped I would get mail at mail call ) with the return address of : Dr. Kraven Moorehead , 69 Sin St. Atlanta , GA. Benning ain't that far away so I told him he was always welcome at my house if he got a day or two off between BCT and AIT - just need a days notice so I can get my daughter to a safe place.
Old 03-28-2003, 07:23 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Another Letter from Brad!

Patriot Files! 23 March 2003

I have no idea if there's been a response to my thread. I did receive several letters though . . . And I really appreciated them.
Of course, like everyone at Basic, I would like to sound Macho and that nothing bothers me here - but that's Just not true . . . for anyone! Letters are a great mental break! My main issues is that I miss friends and family and freedoms and candybars - that said, I've made a lot great new friends, I am learning that my preconceived limits are not physical limits and that even physical limits are ambiguous and mean nothing.

I've also been learning that in leadership the unwilling and unmotivated are a huge challenge! Because of a High Army physical Fitness test score I've been made a squadron leader. I have a very unmotivate squad on the personal level - no clue why they are even here - But they are and its my job to keep them squared away.

On Tuesday we begin using live ammunition. Should be pretty exciting. I am really hoping to shoot expert. We've already been through the obstacle course and the gas chamber. Some are effected worse than other by the gas. I am definitely in the worse side! When my line three took off our masks I was the last to go. I immediately began telling the "Drill Sgt, Nebraska, Drill Sgt." over and over again when they asked me where I was from. I got an extra dose because the first in my line dropped his Kevlar Helmet and after recovering it he had troubles snapping the strap. Outside after walking 100 yds in fresh air my vision straighten out and throat/eyes/ nose started to burn less. It wasn't until Then that I realize I had two strings of snot running from my nose to below my waste! We had to hold our weapon extended in one hand and our mask in the other - my only option was to try to shake it off - which made it cover my BDU's. My Drill Sgt was right beside me laughing His ass off. Lessons learned: The gas mask does work and chemical warfare sucks!

My bdy is starting to become acclimiated to the workouts. The bad hurts are starting to feel like good hurts. On Sundays PT is left mainly to ourselves and I'm trying to take it as easy as possible to see if I can get at least a little bit of recovery.

But at just aover a third way through Basic. This soldier is holding up just fine!!

THE BRAD!

Thanks to Keith_Hixson for being my middle man between myself and the cyberworld - "really appreciate it!" Brad
Old 03-28-2003, 07:25 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post I have Brad's address if you want it!

Brad is very grateful for all who have written him.

Keith
Old 03-28-2003, 10:21 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Just let you know Brad wrote and keep it before you a couple of days.

Just keeping it on the front page for a day or so.

Brad's new letter.

Keith
Old 03-29-2003, 08:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Just making sure everyone gets a chance to read Brad's latest letter.

Brad's latest letter from basic. On the bottom of the first page of this thread.

Keith
Old 03-30-2003, 08:01 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Just keeping Brad's newest letter

Keeping Brad's newest letter in front of you!
Bottom of page 1 on this thread.

He is appreciative of all the letters, keep them coming.

Keith
Old 04-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Distinctions
Special Projects VOM Staff Contributor 

I stuck it so it will stay on top
Old 04-08-2003, 05:37 AM

Got my 2nd letter from Brad. Seatjerker wrote his DS and now he's being called "olive" and now they all do Olive Push-Ups.

He wants to write to Seatjerker can you get hold of him and see if he could drop Brad a line. 57% made marksmanship the DS wasn't too thrilled. Brad passed due to his KY hunting skills but the DS said not to do it his way but their way.

Four more weeks to graduation. Once more he thanks Seatjerker for his letter to his DS (doesn't know what was in it) as many more push-ups come his way now. He said his DS now call's him "Olive".

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 04-15-2003, 07:29 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Incoming mail...

...Yes I got a letter from "OLIVE", and he is just sooooooooo happy...

...actually says he doing we'll, wanted to thank me for thinking of him, and his fellow troops,ahahahahahahahaha...

...got his letter on the 10th, and wanted to fire him off a second one in order to absolve him of "everyone one thinks someone wrote a mean letter to the DI about me, but I know better"...

...he says "my drill sargent got your letter. He calls me "olive" as a result, I had no clue what you wrote, but I had to demonstrate a ""special push up"" so the whole platoon could do it...

...It was named "olive's push up" by the whole platoon...

...He's taking it in stride, and the second letter I wrote him a short note "absovling him" of this treacherous deed, I take full credit for being able to help them advance the conditioning...

Brad?

?.Great to hear from you, was wondering how long it would be, and was hoping that all was going well for you, wink, wink?

?I know you are enjoying basic as it is a terrific experience for ?all? of you, and I feel that I must take credit for ?strengthening? your character in a way that you?ll remember forever...

?think of it as reaching out, and touching one from a far.

?I take full credit.

? I know you know better?, and wishing all of you guys the best, and don?t worry, what you?re learning now is the most important lessons you? learn in life?

sorry to be so brief,? will write later,? just clearing things up for you?wink, wink?

your letter was dated the 7th, // received on the 10th?

?keep up the good work, and don?t sweat the heat, ?Gotcha?.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sincerely, hahahahahah, Curtis????.

....I know he's well, and he thanks all of us, and he should have my second letter to show his buddy's, and they will have a memory to share the rest of their lives...

..."I know he loves me...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk