The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Marines

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2003, 10:56 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! It's hot and it's good! Ya better get a cup and get some! Paper'll be along directly!

Well, I'm thinkin' of bringin' up somethin' kinda heavy, but...spring fever is hittin' me early this year! Just another week or so and things should start warmin' up around here. Should only have one or two more spring blizzards to deal with! LOL. A few years ago we had three spring blizzards. One in late March, one in the middle of April and one in the middle of May! LOL. Usually only get one or maybe two. A couple of years we had snow in July up in the Hills! Got about two inches and it melted of that afternoon! This winters been an easy one. The last couple weeks are the only time it got kinda cold and stayed there!. Down around zero at night. Mostly we've been in the thirties and forties all winter!

I'm ready for spring this year. Seems like the last few years I've gotten to where I can't wait fer spring to roll around. Shovelin' snow ain't as much fun as it used to be, I reckon....I liked it more when I lived out in the Hills. Didn't mind it then fer some reason. Just part of the chores is all! LOL.

I'm lookin' forward to watchin' my day lilies and such grow this year. Last year was the first year I had them in and they came up beautifully! I don't like waterin' the lawn, but I like to take care of it otherwise. I like a green lawn. I tried to keep the one we had in the hills nice as well. I usually get compliments on the lawn wherever I live...except fer my younger brother. He spent more years runnin' a lawncare business than I did runnin' a landscape business! LOL. Of course I got to do all that fancy stuff and he didn't! I figure he's just jealous...he gets real picky about my lawn! LMAO. I'm lookin' forward to summer...

...long as it's not as hot as last year was! LOL.

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It's a good day! Life is and we're on top of it! Make sure ya take advantage of it!
Old 03-11-2003, 11:04 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get some! How the hell ya doin' this mornin' anyway! Paper'll be here in a bit. Why don't ya sit a spell and wait fer it!

I've heard some folks say that it takes a lot of time to go over this stuff inna mornin'. Well, that's true. Thing is, I ain't a pro at this type of thing and some of the stuff I get to thinkin' about, I got no other way to say than the way I say it!. I can't figure how to keep it short! I talk too much sometimes, I guess. Some other feller may be pretty good at keeping things short and gettin' to the point, but that's beyond me. I just say stuff the way I say it is all I got fer an excuse! LOL. Besides. Morinin' coffee is a time to take some time and get things sorted out and get yer eyes open fer a bit before ya start yer day!

Well, I got somethin' I was thinkin' about Maybe some of you folks can help me with it. I haven't been able to get it all sorted out. I kinda want to hear what some of you folks got to say about it. What is it? Well, damn! Give me a minute! LOL. What it is, I was wonderin' about the balance between safety and securit...and freedom. Not only in our nation's affairs, but in our personal lives and how we view local governemnt and it's role in our lives.

Do we stop takin' trips 'cause we're in fear of trouble along the way? Do we stop visitin' friends 'cause they can't afford to live in a better neighborhood? How do you look at that sort of thing. There's a lot of different directions to go with this, but I was thinkin' about your own AO. Your own day to day livin'. Like I say, I haven't worked it all out by a long shot, but I was wonderin' what other folks might think about this one. I just have a glimmer of an idea myself about how to approach this one. Where's the line between freedom and peace and security in yer lives? Make sure you've defined freedom first! LOL. SO we start out with, "what is freedom?" and "What is security?"

Well, with all of that, I figure it's about time to warm up our coffee and get our heads wrapped around the day and make sure our eyes are open so we can see what's goin' onaround us.

It's a new day folks! A new opporrtunity! A new chance to get it right! A new chance to do it all better this go 'round!

Go out and take advantage of it!
Old 03-12-2003, 11:41 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

I posted this over to leatherneck.com this mornin'.

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and cop a squat somewhere! How ya doin' this mornin' anyway! Paper'll be here directly. Ya just as well sit fer a bit get yer head wrapped around yer day before ya take off!

I haven't figgered what to visit over today, so I'll ramble fer a bit. Like that's anything new! LMAO. Osotogary, it's an honor to be immortalized like that....I think. LOL.
The Ol' Lady saw that first cartoon when she was walkin' by me and the puter and said, " You don't have a double chin!" Throw some glasses and a 'stash on that guy and ya got me! LOL.

Well, we've been visitin' over coffee here since the 25th of last June. Sparrowhawk started it on another thread before that and I thought I'd try to see what I could do with fixin' coffee inna morning. I just keep visitin' and try to have somethin' to think about for ya before ya start yer day is all. Seems to be workin' so far. I don't know wtf I'm doin', 'cept fer just talkin' about what's on my mind.Things we all think about now and then. We've had 1437 posts and 12,475 views on 72 pages so far. Lots of folks stop here the first thing when they check into the site fer some reason. Some days we've had over a hundred folks stop by here. Some days just the regulars, about one or two dozen is all. We've already visited over how important these little get togethers can be fer morale and a person's outlook. I just figure we'd all have a chance to get our eyes open mostly, give us a chance to visit over things we might not otherwise... and now we're gettin' to my point this mornin'.

It seems like there's a lot to visit over sometimes and just when ya think yer out of things to talk about somethin' else comes up, or ya see a different point of view on somethin' ya thought ya had nailed to the wall. Sometimes I think I have a topic all figured out and then someone says somethin' that gets me to thinkin' and I say to myself, "Damn. I never saw it that way before." Mostly, I say, "Well, shit. I thought I had that one figgered out! LOL. I end up re-thinkin' my strategy alla time around here. Most often, though, it's a matter of learnin' somethin' just a bit different. Learnin' that I haven't got it figgered out at all. Knowin' that I'm still tryin' to sort things out. Oh, I got a fair to middlin' handle on lots of things, but I ain't there yet. and that's the most important thing. Learnin'. Keepin' on keepin' on, no matter what.Seein' things from a slightly different perspective than ya did before. Growin'...in wisdom, knowledge and strength. I don't have the physical strength that I once did. I can't do sets of push-ups from the hand-stand position anymore. I probably couldn't whip six or seven men at a time now, but I have something I didn't have years ago. A strength of will...a strength of mind, of soul, of spirit, that I did't have when I was younger. I was strong in many ways when I was younger, but it's a different kind of strength now. Something I'm glad I found somewhere along the way. Although I don''t like losin' the physical abilities at all, it's almost worth it in some ways. Once again, I find myself trying to define the indefinable! LOL. So, once again, I better quit while I'm still behind!

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a new day! A new opportunity! A new chance to get it right! We'll get it sorted out...as long as we're willin' to stop fer a bit and coffee together in the mornin'!
Old 03-13-2003, 02:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to deltamedic

Morning one and all and the 1st cup of Folger's is enroute to the tummy regime....Lordy am I glad its another day as it was a rough night in the bush. Woke up screaming at one point this early a.m., tried to go back to sleep and ran into 2 more Nam moments so at 523 am I got up. Feels like I've done battle indeed and tired, ache, energy sapped..what a way to start the morning

Be it as it may I'm non the less thankful to be allowed to begin another day and to trust it to only get better than the past hours
Been a few weeks since the night has been this rough and violent for me..just have to deal with it. Maybe it was brought on by an old war movie I saw part of last night called Hell is for Hero's in which a guy was hit and gets to calling medic, could've sparked a flashback/nightmare. Sometimes I swear I can still hear the guys calling that to me from Nam..ah the demons of war

Think I'll fini dressing & go get me a fatback biscuit and more coffee! May you all be blessed with a superfine day....

Yea, though I walk through the valley....I shall fear not

Doc
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 11:09 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya anyway! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get yerself sorted out! Paper'll be here after a bit!

I don't have a thing to discuss today. Dopn't even have anything on the back burner. I was thinkin' about my lawn today. I gotta scalp it and rake it pretty soon, I figger. I ran outta fertilizer last fall, so I'll have to get a bag of that pretty soon. I don't get fancy with it. I just buy that weed and feed. That other stuff is better. You know, ya gotta put the kinda fertilizer on at just the right time of year and all of that. One's fer root growth and one's fer this and the other's fer that. That's all well and good if ya wanta spend all of that time and money on it. It's better, too, generally speakin', but fer simplicity's sake, I just use weed and feed on my yard. It works pretty good. If ya got one of those fancy grasses down, ya almost gotta go with the fancy way of doin' things, but fer me, as much as I like those fancy grasses, I wouldn't have a whole yard full of them.

Kinda like critters. Those fancy breeds of animals need coddlin' and lots of time and money. I like the mixed breeds myself. They're generally pretty smart and they don't need all of that coddlin', unless ya go to mixin' two of those fancy breeds together. Then ya don't know fer sure what the hell yer gonna end up with.

I reckon some folks are gettin' like that. Seems like some need a lot of takin' care of. I figger to be takin' care of myself as much as possible, and as much as I like lookin' at some of those fancy breeds, they seem like they'd take a lot of money and coddlin'. Like gettin' someone else to take care of their yard and gardens for them. When ya start doin' that sort of thing, yer either rich and don't know it, or yer losin' track of what's goin' on in yer little world. Ya start losin' track of what's goin' on, ya got folks takin' care of ya. Now if yer older than dirt or a little kid, that only makes sense. But if yer not and ya got folks doin' for ya, yer either rich...or yer needin' to be coddled. Now if I was rich, I'd just be lazy. I'd pay someone else to do it for me. Who likes cleanin' the head if they don't gotta...but the thing is, I know how to clean the head and I don't need someone doin' for me....yet! LOL

I figure my yard'll look ok this year. I'll rake it amd mow it and fertilize it three or four times...but it'll pretty much take care of itself. It don't have to be coddled much

Warn up yer coffee, folks! It's a good day! It's another chance to fo it right! A nother chance to do it better this go 'round! We're gettin' there!
Old 03-14-2003, 11:39 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya today! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and set a spell 'til ya get yer eyes open! Yer day ain't started yet! Ya got some time to spend gettin' yer head together before ya head out the door!LOL.

Well, I can't say it's been an interesting day fer me, but it was another day! LOL. I scalped the yard and raked it...twice! About wore me out! The rest of the summer all I gotta do is mow it when it needs it, water it two or three times a week and throw some fertilizer on it once a month or so. Funny, though, how some things in life can get to be borin' after awhile, ain't it. I like the results of werkin' in my yard, but I don't like gettin' it ready fer summer and I don't like waterin' it. But I sure like the results! LOL. We need change in our lives from time to time to refresh us...to give us a new point of view...maybe even to help us to lighten up and relax once in awhile. New things in your life can do that for ya, now and again.

Some things, yer kinda stuck with. Ya end up doin' them over and over and over. Only two things that work for me. One is, if the task isn't too demanding, you can just kinda go on automatic pilot and think about other things fer a bit. Get things sorted out that might be troublin' ya, and with the smaller tasks, you can look back and feel like ya got somethin' done, too. Cheap therapy fer what ails ya. Like scalpin' and rakin' the yard, maybe.

The second thing with those irritatin' tasks that bore ya, do what I do. Make sure ya do it right the first time. Maybe, if yer lucky, ya won't have to do it as soon, or work so hard at gettin' it done the next time.

Warm up yer coffee, folks! Daylight's a wastin'! It's a new day! A new opportunity! Go take advantage of it!
Old 03-15-2003, 11:34 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get some! How ya doin' this mornin' anyway! Paper'll be here inna bit. Cop a squat somewhere and relax fer a bit! Yer day'll start soon enough!

I'm tryin' to think of somethin' to visit over this mornin'. I was sittin' on the deck fer a bit yesterday afternoon. Just enjoyin' a little peace and quiet. The grass is just startin' to turn green a bit down in the thatch. Looks like I'll have to de-thatch the yard, though. I cut it too short a couple times last year and it'll come in kinda funny this year if I don't. I noticed that the deck will need a coat of stain this year. That'll work. Had one of those handicapped stairwells put on the deck fer the Ol' Lady late last year and it needs to be stained, so maybe I won't have to give it all two coats to make it match. It's nice to have a dream! LOL.

I should have a good lookin' yard again this year. I need to get into my flower garden and clean it up a bit. I used to like doin' some of that fancy stuff with the annuals and all, but I'm gettin' to like some of the bulbs. They don't need a lot of maintenance. Just dig 'em up and separate them every couple- three years, then replant them. Those day lilies were pretty last year. This is the second year fer flower bulbs in my garden, so they all oughta flower right well this year. Most of the irises didn't flower last year. The ones that did were somethin' else!

A friend stopped by fer a bit. We sat and had coffee and visited. He always shows up at the wrong time. I was gettin' ready to do a walk around the place and see what kinda maintenance I'll need to do this summer. Never got it done fer some reason. Sometimes friends are more important.

I don't know if I ever will get my desk and den cleaned up. The Ol' Lady uses it as a place to throw things. Hell, some days I can barely get in there. Get 'er cleaned up and turn around and she's got more stuff in there. If there's a horizontal surface that's clean, she'll find somethin' to put on it! Knickknacks everywhere! LOL.

Normal things. Everyday life. Livin'. With all of the things goin' on in the country right now, we sometimes forget that. Well, people who care anyway. Some folks don't really have a clue what's goin' on, but they got opinions. My friend's got opinions. I don't agree with him over them, but he's livin' his life, doin' what he can fer other folks when he can. I don't push my opinions and he don't push his, so we get along. We respect each other and we both know that whatever it is and wherever we stand we both have our reasons. We get along pretty good overall. He's got several neices and nephews over there and he's worried. He didn't do any military service so he don't really get it. I understand that he's worried. In the meanwhile, we keep livin'. Doin' what needs to be done when it needs to be done day to day. Almost like normal folks!

Well, so much fer ramblin' I think there mighta been somethin' worth hearin' in all of that, but ya gotta have the eyes to see and the ears to hear. And there's a dilemma. Learnin' what that phrase really means, 'cause it can't be taught. On the other hand, it mighta just been the meanderin's of a pot bellied, middle aged man with nothin much to say this mornin'! LOL.

Warm up yer coffee, folks! It's a good day! We'll get it figgered out one of these days! Hell, it's a new day! A new opportunity! Make sure ya take advantage of it!
Old 03-16-2003, 11:06 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get settled fer a bit! Ya ain't in no hurry are ya! Well hell, get up earlier then! LOL. Paper''ll be around in a bit. I get the front page and the funny pages first!

I don't have much, I don't think. It's rainin' here right now. Finally! On the other hand word is it's gonna turn to snow sometime tomorrow! LOL. Saves me from waterin' the yard, I guess. LOL.

I can see the tower at Ellsworth from here. See the lights from the runway on a clear night. Mostly a reserve outfit and the bombers is what they got there. 28th Bomber something or other. My Dad was stationed with them fer awhile back in the fifties. He had an active duty airman ask him one day which planes he worked on when he was there. Dad said "All of the ones in yer museum". The kid was surprised about that for some reason.

Things change, yet they remain the same. Men will always go to war, I think, and young men will always be surprised by the words and deeds of the elders who sit beside them at the coffee shop in the morning. I was when I was younger. Age brings knowledge and a certain amount of wisdom. Youth has it's own problems. So will it always be, I suppose. Sharing the knowledge that we've earned over the years with the younger folks can be quite nerve racking at times, but it must needs be done. The education of our youth does not rely only upon the educational system of any nation, but must be seen to by all at various times and places. There is more to life than the three R's. There is more to life than what the kids try to teach themselves. They don't necessarily know where to begin to look in order to balance their views of the world.

My niece recently spent some time arguing the left wing liberal position on Iraq with me via numerous emails. I, of course, stood my ground, and shared many references with her concerning my point of view and why I held it. She now considers me to be a stubborn old man! LOL. I also raised some hell with my brother over why he hasn't seen to her education, adding a balance to what she has learned in school.

I don't mind a person holding a different view than I do about things, but I do require them to be versed in why they hold to their views in the face of factual evidence.

I posted something else earlier about Underdog. A tongue in cheek look at several things about the recent conflict over Iraq. The US is currently an underdog in our stand by some accounts, inaccurate though they are. It is also a social commentary of sorts. The lyrics say it all! When those who may know a bit more than others think they do , or are too fearful to face, they come to us to help them. We have the duty to do our best to educate them, whether they listen or not. Whether they learn or not. If they do not listen, then the consequences are upon them. Just like those kids who don't think an older person might know something or might have experiences and knowledge that they lack.

Well, more extemporaneous fiddle faddle I reckon. Just as well warm up yer cups and get a move on! Times a wastin'! It's a new day! A new opportunity! Go out and take advantage of it!
Old 03-17-2003, 10:47 AM

Default Morning Coffee!

Folks don't seem to be much interested in this thread over here. I figure I'll just let it go.
Old 03-17-2003, 12:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default read you everyday bones...

...but while I have a few minutes left here before I have to leave,(orthro appt for my Daughter), I would like to thank you for your contributations...

...it's just crunch time, and a lot of folks are busy getting ready for the upcoming week...

...keep the coffee on, and we'll bring the danish, ****** toast is out.........................

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote