The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Marines

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2003, 01:47 AM

Thank ya brother. Opertions ain't nuthin'. Ya got folks a waitin' on ya hand and foot and a givin' ya the good drugs...'least fer a day or two, anyway!

The Patriot Files is on the resource list. Right near the top! Insomnia ain't no problem. Gives a mana chance to catch up on his readin' and news, don't ya know!

Ayeah. I get things sorted out now and then. Takes me awhile sometimes, but I get there!
Old 11-06-2003, 01:57 AM

I hadda look up erudite inna dictionary. I knew it was a good thing, and I knew it was about learnin' and talkin' like ya knew what ya were talkin' about, but I hadn't looked it up inna long while. I wanted to be sure I knew what it meant! I was kinda right, but I'm glad I looked it up, none the less! That's a helluva compliment, Motardude! I appreciate that!

When I get math and grammar figgered out, I'll let ya know.

'Course, there's some mysteries a man was never meant to understand, too, I reckon....
Old 11-06-2003, 05:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Hey Bones!

Larry's an erudite type a guy too, eh? Takes one to know one...

Nice coffee today, about perpetual myths and how they got that way...

Blessings O' The Day to you and yourn!
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:59 PM

Default Morning Coffee

'Mornin' folks! How the hell ya doin' this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get some! Paper'll be along directly! Save them funny pages fer me, will ya!

Just woke up a bit ago and workin' on my first cup of joe. YAAAWWWN. I don't have a clue what I was gonna visit over this mornin'. I had somethin' I was workin' over when I went to sleep, but I musta been dreamin'...I don't remember what it was! Had good dreams though. That's a nice change of pace right there! I got to visit with Jimmy the Tude yesterday onna phone, and then beautiful, darlin' Sophora IM'd me. Worked a little bit onna book, but I was kinda takin' the day off with that. Ol' Lady got the travel arrangements made to go to Denver fer my operation(s). Got some pretty good emails from Gunny Ray, and a few other folks. Pooleelake PM'd me about what he wasn't doin' to get ready fer MCRD. I hadda get on 'im some. What else...well I reckon that's all I can remember. Oh. I know what we can visit over. That mythological types and shadows caught some of ya flatfooted yesterday didn't it? That reminds me. I still miss flatfoot. Don't fret. I'm perfectly selfish about that. I miss his emails and phone calls and such. I wanted to mention one thing before I get on with it, too.

Onna homepage of Marines Direct is a little memorial to NOMAD. Some of you folks might wanta take a lookit that. A bit of NOMAD's scribblin's and that pic inna background is NOMAD hisself. You'll see what I mean when me or someone else visits over NOMAD. Words like that every day from that man before he got transferred out.

Well, poop. I don't really feel like visitin' over much a nuthin' this mornin', come to think of it. Still workin' on that first cup of joe. That might have somethin' to do with that. I'm comfortable this mornin'. Just kinda content ya know. Some days it's like that. Ain't nuthin' much to visit over and if there is, now ain't the time to do it. Just sit and be comfortable and content. The day's ahead of ya, but it ain't here yet. Things to do and to say today, but now ain't the time to consider that none. Mebbe read the paper, kick back and relax fer a few before ya start gettin' yer head wrapped around yer day. Oh, I got plenty of things to figger over today. I just don't feel like a goin' after 'em is all! That's ok to do that once in awhile, don't ya know! When it gets to be a habit, that can be a might troublesome in the long run, but fer now, it's a good time to just kick back and be content.

Warm up yer coffee a bit. Don't fret none and consider what ya got. Everything ya got, all the folks in yer life right now are there for a reason. Sometimes, it's a gettin' time to move on with things in yer life and that's ok, too. Sometimes ya seem stuck in the middle of a mess fer a bit. .. and that's ok, too. Ya wouldn't be there if ya didn't have nuthin' to learn or to teach. Sometimes things get messy like that, it's because it's time to move on. Sometimes when ya get too awful comfortable with things, it's time fer a change of pace. Sometimes, well sometimes it's just time to warm up yer coffee and kick back fer a bit and be content.

It's a new day folks! It's a new opportunity! It's another chance to get 'er right!

Make sure ya take advantage of it!
Old 11-07-2003, 05:47 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Thanks for the coffee Bones, nice sunrise ain't it...
Old 11-07-2003, 06:16 AM

It's a beautiful sunrise here, bro. Clear and clean and fesh and bright! Today, I can see fer 40 some odd miles from the little hill I'm on. Mebbe even a bit further! Sun a glintin' offa the snow. The sun a lookin' though tree branches and creatin' them little shadows. Grass and bushes a stickin' up through the snow. Tracks inna snow from cats and folks and even a deer or two that gets up here...right in the middle of town. See the snow one the roofs of houses and such. Sun a glintin' offa car windshields in the distance. Ayup. It ain't bad at all.
Old 11-07-2003, 06:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Was thinkin' (dangerous though that be :-)... as you were talkin' of the sunrise there... how many hundreds of days there have been when our guys were some god awful place, the battle won or quiet... and smoke cleared they'd hafta awaken, if they'd slept at all... look around, maybe see if there was anything to make "coffee" out of... check their parts and pieces in the early light of a new day, count some heads, maybe whisper out a brother's name & hope to hear a feeble reply... pull out that photo of a beautiful girl or kids back home, maybe light one up, tucked into some damn freezin' or boilin' slimey hole in the dirt... it's in the eyes again Bonesy, the eyes...
Old 11-07-2003, 06:54 AM

That's what we all served for. So that others could have the chance to watch a beautiful sunrise and not have to worry much. Give others a chance at some peace of mind and contentedness fer a bit.

We take advantage once in awhile and look around us like we got eyes in our heads, we're honorin' those who came before, those who serve, and each other in the doin'.
Old 11-07-2003, 07:29 AM

Default BONES!!!!

Let me see, You, dictionary, pages, spelling,--------- somehow they just don't seem to fit!!!!!! (Hawk, is just being nice to you)
SF
NC
Old 11-07-2003, 07:31 AM

ROTF.