The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Marines

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2003, 04:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Goodevening...

Ok Cook.....You sent us one snow storm.....and thought it was funny.......So you decided to see what you can conjure up again.......LOL....
Well starting to gear up again......Another snow storm is coming.....from Cook's neighborhood again......At this time they can't say how many inches.....but they are saying at least 6 inches +.....At this time we have a t least 16 inches on the ground.....LOL.....

Bones are you trying to say I have been walking around all this time with my eyes close.......LOL...

Well all have a good day.......

Sempers,

Roger

Bones is now having problems coming onto the site.....I had trouble all day....
We know that you were getting updated.... ...So Bones will be on as soon as he can see patroitfiles........So someone keep the coffee hot for Bones............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg josh28.jpg (857.6 KB, 85 views)
1961-1977
68/69
Once A Marine............Always A Marine.............

http://www.geocities.com/thedrifter001/
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2003, 04:32 PM

will do

Old 02-25-2003, 07:54 PM

Default Dang.

Hey, boys, you got it all wrong! Yer supposed to let the good guys THROUGH the wire! LOL.

(That last joke I posted musta been pretty bad....)
Old 02-25-2003, 11:25 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

Good to see ya this morning! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get some! Paper ain't here yet, so we'll just haveta visit.! LOL.

Some days I figure I ain't got a clue to what's goin' on anywhere. Seems like there's just so much goin' on that it overwhelms me! Don't get me wrong! I like learnin' stuff I didn't know before, but makin' sense outta all of it is sometimes troublesome! Puttin' it all together and makin' any sort of sense out of it...is...difficult!LOL.

We all like things to be in order, and we like our little habits, you know, like puttin' yer left sock on before yer right, or settin' things up to shave, everything in a certain place and doin' it all in a set way. We've learned, I think, that just about the time ya get good and used to something, it all changes!

Disconcerting ain't it.

Usually, our first response is anger. In some cases, that's only well and proper. In others, well.....anger only makes it harder, unless you can refocus that anger, some call it "energy" now, towards achievein' the goal of gettin' along with the new changes. Some changes, we all know, should be fought tooth and nail! Most changes are good, though. Trying to figure which is which is the troublesome part! LOL. Got to do our best to look at all the angles I guess, and if nothin' else, stop fer a bit and break it all down into bits and pieces that we can look at without goin' completely nuts! Make it digestable so that we can figure it out. Takes some practice and some work I think. Like a lot of things, I suppose.

We spend our wholes lives involved with change and changing, therefore, ourselves. Everything impacts us, no matter what some say. That can be a good thing, if we're careful about what we digest and how go about digestin' it.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. We got a new opportunity to get it right! A new chance to get things sorted out! Take advantage of it today.
Old 02-26-2003, 06:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Goodmorning

Well since Bones is trying to mix me up..... this morning putting in an old morning coffee..bringing it.over that you guys can see....I guess he is putting me to work this morning......I usually cut and paste my work and bring it over here....LOL....I know I'm lazy.....LOL...My wife always tells me that.....but I have a good excuse....I'm getting old......LOL....

Well I'm waiting for the snow again.....It should be starting anytime now and continue for 3 days......They are saying not much....but any amount is too much for us right now.....We still have at least 16 inches on the ground from the last storm.....Good thing my 4 grown children are still home....they have to work for there food....LOL....

Well need to get back to work......
All have a good day........

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69

Old 02-26-2003, 10:49 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Morning folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Coffee's on! Grab a cup and get comfortable for a bit! Get yer day sorted out before ya get rollin'! Paper'll be here directly!

I been thinkin' a bit about somethin' Was wonderin' how some of you folks might feel about it! We've all heard about rose colored glasses before. One time or another anyway. I was thinkin' about takin that thought and goin' a little further with it. Well, we've covered some of it before, but this is takin' a look at it from a different direction.

With rose colored glasses you see everything in a 'rosey' light. You see nuthin' but the good in things. Which kinda leaves reality outta yer worldview. Reality is sometimes harsh and ya gotta be prepared for that in yer day to day livin'. Things ain't always rosey, so to speak. Would that they were, but they ain't and that's what we gotta live with.

Now, what I was thinkin' about is that we all see the world through different colored glasses. We experience things through our own lives. What we've lived through and what we've done and seen goin' on around us. Environment, if you will let me get away with that loaded word for this visit over the topic at hand.
Which is: how we all see things from a slightly different perspective.

One sees more good in those around him, another sees more evil. One sees opportunity, another sees only despair. One cannot fathom the true evil in the world, while another sees the threat for what it is. One sees only the color of yer skin, while another sees only the person who happens to wear that skin, whatever color it is. One cannot fathom hunger or want or need. Someone else lives with it every day. One lives, surrounded by love, another really doesn't know what it is or what it means.

These are just a few examples and extreme examples at that. In any case, these experiences and others like them form who we are, how we make decisions, what we do or become, and how other percieve us through our actions and words and deeds.

The Book says to examine yerself. Truth. Honesty. Love. These are the things that matter and they will overcome all manner of other ways of seeing things. Another way of saying the same thing is; Honor, Courage, Committment.

Just something to think about while you warm up yer coffee this morning.

We got a new opportunity folks! Don't screw it up on me! LOL.

Go take advantage of it today. We can get it right.
Old 02-27-2003, 06:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM 

Goodmorning

Waiting again for more snow.....We have a few hours before the next storm.....At least most folks are going to be home in the comfort of home since it will be arriving in the evening....I will say that there is going to be a lot of folks having an extra long weekend....LOL...

Bones.....That is what makes the world so interesting......

Well all have a good day.......

Sempers,

Roger
1961-1977
68/69

Old 02-27-2003, 02:07 PM

All I can say is - better you than me. lol We were supposed to get that snow today but it missed us. Sorry. Quick run out and rent some good movies. That's what I did last week. Good LucK and stay warm.

Old 02-27-2003, 10:55 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

'Mornin' folks! How the hell are ya this mornin'! Ya got yer eyes open yet! Well, get a cup of joe and grab a seat, then! Can't start yer day with yer eyes shut! Paper'll be here directly. I got first dibs on the comics!

Boredom and challenges. I was thinkin' some about that today. I don't have anything really sorted out, though. I addressed that awhile back with that "Life is!" bit of reasoning. Sometimes yer bored stiff, other times ya definately aren't! Keeps things interesting and then ya get some down time once in awhile, too. That can be a good thing, ya know. Bein' bored. Means ya got everything caught up, figured out and that yer on top of yer game. Ya ain't scrabblin' fer yer next meal, yer bills are paid, ya got good clothes on yer back and a roof over yer head. Yep. Sometimes bein' bored is a good thing, alright. At least I think so.

Now I want to add a caveat of sorts here. I don't like bein' bored. I gotta have somethin' to do alla time. Thing is I get to the point where I want it all done right, so I gotta watch that. Bein' a right angle kinda guy who's also a type A personality can get ya into trouble here and there! LOL. Not that I ever been in any trouble....Unless ya count the time I was climbing that 1200 foot cliff without those pussy ass ropes and didn't think I was gonna make the last fifty foot.....Fer a few minutes, that was kinda troublsome. Or the time I was standing on a snow bank by a lake in freezing weather and didn't realize that I was standing OVER that lake til I moved offa it. That lake wasn't frozen by any means, either.That coulda been troublesome. Or the time I was hikin' in the mountains and heard a mountain lion growl just a few feet over my head. I saw him lookin' me over. I decided that mountain lion could have the trail....it was a bit easier than wrasslin' him for it, I figured. I remember ridin' my Harley along I-5 at 70 miles per hour when the rear tire blew. That was kinda interesting fer a few minutes. I remember drivin' along a country road when the car started to slide and the next thing I knew I was hangin' upside down in my seatbelt lookin at weeds wonderin' how I got there. Wasn't much fun. The ride was over before it got good and started I figure. That's just a couple things I've been in the middle of that were just a little less than boring.

Yep. I like to keep things excitin', but boredom has it's good points, too.

Kinda like havin' coffee in the mornin'. Kinda borin' when compared to some things, but enjoyable none-the-less.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a good day! Go out and take advantage of it.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:00 PM

Default Morning Coffee!

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought--Basho

The fool who persists in his folly will become wise--William Blake

Wisdom is found only in truth--Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Wisdom is not wisdom when it is derived from books alone--Horace

Good people are good because they've come to wisdom through failure. We get very little wisdom from success, you know--William Saroyan

The experience gathered from books, though often valuable, is but the nature of learning; whereas the experience gained from actual life is one of the nature of wisdom. Samuel Smiles

Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience. Precepts and instruction are useful so far as they go, but, without the discipline of real life, they remain of the nature of theory only--Samuel Smiles

Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know--Socrates

Wisdom is the right use of knowledge. To know is not to be wise. Many men know a great deal, and are all the greater fools for it. There is no fool so great a fool as a knowing fool. But to know how to use knowledge is to have wisdom--Charles Haddon Spurgeon

The greatest wisdom is to realize one's lack of it--Konstantin Stanislavisky

Pain makes man think. Thought makes man wise. Wisdom makes life endurable--John Patrick

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something--Plato

No man is wise enough by himself--Titus Maccius Plautus

__________________________________________________ __

'Mornin' folks! How ya doin, today! Coffee's on! Ya better get a cup a cop a squat somewhere. No sense hittin' the road til ya get yer eyes open! LOL. Wisdom seems to be the topic of the day. Just came to me a few minutes ago. I got folks sayin' I have some wisdom fer some reason. I like to think it's because I really don't know too much. Like I've said before. The more I learn, the more I know, the more I realize there's more to know than I got time to learn in one lifetime, so I really don't know too much at all! LOL.
Plus, I figure I'm one of the biggest fools to ever come down the road, but that leads to a conundrum of sorts. The Book says that a man who thinks he is wise is a fool. A wise man knows he is a fool already. ( My own paraphrase )

So here's the conundrum for those of you who ain't awake yet. If I think I'm a fool, I must be a wise man, but if I think I'm a wise man, I must be a fool. So. Am I wise...or a fool....

My only other claim to wisdom is havin' screwed it all up one time or another. Now except fer gettin married twice, I never made the same mistake the same way! Maybe there's some wisdom in that. Learnin' things the hard way. Schoolin's good and all. I do admire an education, but there's some things that you will only learn through livin' and experience. Not drawin' to an inside straight, fer example, is one of them. LOL. Always watch yer back. Always cover yer six. And never, ever, tellin the Maintenance Chief where you got that part from. As long as the rig is operational, he ain't gonna holler too much. If he's a wise man, he ain't gonna ask, either! LOL.

Wisdom comes from experience. Some of the wisest people I've met are Veterans and senior SNCO's. They've got some experience behind them that others will never know. Some of them here and there are able to put a bare taste of that hard gained wisdom into words here and there. Many of the things that I've read, here, online, from Veterans and active duty men and women have frankly astounded me and left me speechless, saying to myself, "It just can't be said any better than that!" As with all other types of supreme beauty, it leaves me temporarily speechless and breathless.

It is my honor to be one among you.

Warm up yer coffee, folks. It's a good day! a new opportunity to get it right. A new chance to do it better. Go out and take advantage of it.