The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Military Weapons

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2003, 03:52 PM

Default Range report on M-38 and M39

Got the tank out and went shooting my M38, forgot my range coat so I expected problems with the stiff recoil coming out of the short barrel of the M-38 Russian rifle. I was able to handle the recoil well, which came as a surprise to me. This rifle shoots about six inchs to the left, going to have to do some thing about the front sight. 7.62 X 54r 148 grain Wolf ammo.
The M-39 finnish captured rifle is a pleasure to shoot, makes a fair riflemen like me look much better then I really am. It's on target and on point of aim. 7.62 X 54r 180 grain S & B ammo. The S & B ammo costs almost twice as much as the Wolf so I expected the S & B to clean up easy, no such hoss. Wish I could find a really clean non-corrosive ammo.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2003, 05:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to catman Send a message via Yahoo to catman
Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

Keep up the fire Sarge, show those folks how it's done. Take a kid or two along with you next time, we gotta teach the young ones the craft.

Trav

Godspeed and keep low!
Old 11-25-2003, 03:19 PM

Catman, got me one of those Stalingrad captured K-98' mausers, spent 3 hours cleaning it up and getting most of the black paint off the bolt and such. Going to shoot it very soon. Also have two Yugo K-98 mausers, one of which I will shoot. The other is in pristine condition and I want to keep it that way for one of the Grandsons coming up. Getting so I really enjoy getting out of the house and doing some high power shooting.