The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2005, 08:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Twisted Mentality Of The Connected?

EQUAL JUSTICE, MUTUAL CONSIDERATION, RESPECT FOR OTHERS and THE RULE OF LAW, have been replaced in some quarters by greed, lies, deceit, threats, and even a nasty-ass attitude! And no, this particular diatribe is not being written about the VA, even though in my opinion, the shoe sometimes fits!!

Two Cases In Point -

Case # 1 - A short time back, when my son was grievously injured in a bike accident, I contacted the bank that we had been dealing with for years.

Being on Social Security, and the accompanying (very) limited funds, and after seeing a TV add for this very same banking giant that passed it off as being community oriented,
I attempted to get them to put a small piece of their money where their mouth was!?

Being caught flat-footed by this accident, we attempted to get a little assistance in transport out to see my injured son. After several days of being hung out to dry, this (so-called?) caring establishment not only denied our plea, indeed, they even relished in that denial (a pound of flesh so to speak). And for the record, my son had more than the couple of hundred dollars that we had appealed for in this bank, but that money was there for his food and needs over the current semester. Without it (and it wasn?t much) the boy would have literally starved!

Case #2 -

The accident that the boy was involved in was a result (we believe) of a defective bicycle. A bike that was being driven back to campus (some 4 miles) when the damned thing seized-up, threw the kid, and damned near crippled (if not killed) him! (For the record, the kid has been riding these types of bikes for some 12 or more years now!)

Instead of this retail giant showing any concern, however, they attempted to pull off a fast one! Within a few hours of the kid being released from an area hospital, and still drugged up, the retailer in question attempted to pick up the defective bike, along with the kid?s receipt, and also to attain a statement from a kid who had just suffered a head injury, several broken bones and numerous stitches (among other things)!

When they tried this (unsuccessfully), they then fell mute, until that is, the kid?s lawyer?s office manager attempted to contact this multi-billion dollar outfit to see if an accident report had been filed! The general manager of this super-sized store then unloaded on the gal with a barrage of screaming and filth (?) that would embarrass even a storm trooper.

Unfortunately for him (that manager), however, the nastiness was immediately reported to the home office of this major corporation! And from what I understand, this organization, one that prides itself upon customer service, friendly personnel, as well as a no excuse attitude, was none too pleased!?

Of course, we shall just have to see if this media- oriented-concern translates into real action, or if it is merely just another big-bucks con-job!

?AND SO IT IS!?

VERITAS