The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2004, 05:47 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well

Here's what John McCain has to say TODAY!

I deplore this kind of politics," McCain said . "I think the ad is dishonest and dishonorable. As it is, none of these individuals served on the boat (Kerry) commanded. Many of his crew have testified to his courage under fire. I think John Kerry served honorably in Vietnam." Asked if the White House knew about the ad or helped find financing for it, McCain said , 'I hope not, but I don't know. But I think the Bush campaign should specifically condemn the ad."

Later, McCain said, 'I can't believe the president would pull such a cheap stunt'. "'It was the same kind of deal that was pulled on me," McCain said in an interview with The Associated Press, referring to his bitter Republican primary fight with President Bush'." [AP, 8/5/04]

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2004, 06:04 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

I deplore this kind of politics also. The Vietnam Veteran is once again being ripped apart in the media and John Kerry is responsible for it now as he was after the war. He made a decision to make his Vietnam War Service the centerpiece of his bid for the White House at the Democratic convention. He hassaid "bring it on".There are a couple of million veterans out there including their familiesthat have been waiting for the chance. You can't expect thatwe are all going to roll over for him. "Sorry 'bout that."

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 08-20-2004, 09:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Don't tell

me.

Tell it to John McCain, Max Cleland, General Anthony Zinni, General Norman Swarskopth, General McPeak, General Tommy Franks, Col. David Hackworth..............and on, and on, and on along with the THOUSANDS of other vets who have ALL gone public with their condemnation or complete dismay over what these "swiftees" have been doing!

They are guilty of the most despicable, underhanded, completely misrepresented and false accusations against a candidate for public office in modern history.

It's folk(s) like them and Ted Samplys kind that are perpetuating these false allegations that continue to haunt and do unspeakable harm to the memory of our fallen brothers and sisters. NOT John Kerry.

They WILL go down in history as bitter, petty, malicious malcontents of the worst kind!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.