The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2002, 10:15 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Yes

ArtySgt: It was ok to drop off ammo and then pick anyone up who wanted a ride, unless the chopper had a red cross painted on it. Of course Charles just used that cross as an aiming point for his .51s, so what was the point?
I know I've asked this question before but I'll ask you too. War Zone "C" in the dry season, do you ever recall the wind blowing? I swear I don't remember the lightest breeze when in that area. Except maybe for the wind you'd get from the wings of the bugs.

Splummer: Somerville Mass., on the banks of the lovely Mystic River, which incidently has not caught fire in the last three years, well not big fires. Haven't been there in years but they used to have some really great Italian places to eat. All owned by the mob if I remember correctly, nonetheless nice places.
Somerville is about 15 miles south of a place called Tynesboro the home of the Gentleman's Club. Nothing we would be interested in. But it was judged by Playboy as one of the top 8 strip clubs in the US of A. Not exactly like going to Boston Opera or the Pops, but the openings each season are wonderful (I'm told).
Oh yeah, those drivers, they weren't giving you the finger! They were letting you know that your Number One, same-same Saigon.

Mortor: Thanks for the pix, thanks for the memories. Those M113's appear to be in front of some yellow trees. Agent Orange perhaps? GET A CHECK UP! Hey, why didn't you have anything packed in the trim vains of those vehicles? Our drivers wouldn't start the damn things without a little frontal protection.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2002, 03:24 PM

Default Andy,

No, can't recall ever feeling the wind during the dry season, strange when you think about it now. As for the medivac and the small arms ammo, lets just say that it's another story. I was just too glad to get the hell out of there, spent two weeks at the 93rd evac hospital and right back to the bush.
Old 07-01-2002, 06:55 PM

Default ArtySgt

Sounds like preventive-maintenance - the more ammo, the fewer bandages you need. Or is that pre-emptive maintenance? Whatever - bring our men/women home.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Andys post
Old 09-20-2006, 05:49 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Oh Man!

Do I miss Andy.

Ron, Thanks for digging through the ruins of time for these posts. I, like you, can't take anymore, but I read them all. I can't believe the dates on them.....seems like....yesterday.

"Seems like only yesterday I left my mind behind.
Down at the gypsy cafe' with a friend of a friend of mine...."

Good night brother Andy!

Talk at you soon.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)