The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2002, 09:22 PM

Default Good Docs are out there.

Andy, I hate to admit it, but Kieth was right. Fire that Doc and find one that cares. I had a lemon for a while. When my wife almost died from a lung infection, we took the first doc available. He's the greatest. He's been my doctor ever since. When I started having problems with old memories last year, I went to him and asked for a perscription for something to help me sleep. I told him I was going to the Vet Center for counseling, but lack of sleep was wearing me down. He didn't try to take over in an area he wasn't qualified for. He gave me a perscription and wished me luck. I could tell by the way he talked, that he meant what he said. He cared, as I'm sure he does with all his patients.

My kid brother is a small town doctor. He could probably make twice as much money in the big city, but that's not why he's a doctor. He's one of the few people I can say anything to, because he understands. He won't treat family, except for an emergency, as any good doctor should.

They're out there, but not enough of them. Most are primarily concerned with their bank account. Keep looking.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2002, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Dr's don't know nuthin

Four years ago, Doctors told Joanne that with her lung cancer she had 6 months to a year to bend over to kiss her ass good-bye. We asked God for help. One year later she was supposed to die on the table when they removed her lung but prayer and answers to prayer have kept her right here and I praise God for His promise to keep her with me. She never did bend over to kiss me good-bye.
Back in January of this year the Doctors told Joanne that I would die soon. It would have been a good time to go because I sure didn't know what was going on. I wasn't in pain and had no brain but what I did have were friends talking to that same God and guess what? God also answered them and here I am not planning to go anywhere soon. You have a lot of friends talking to that same God and when I talked to him last, He answered me about you, "No sweat slicky boy, the guy hasn't humped enough yet."
I don't listen to Doctors, they don't have all of the answers. I go to the One that does have the answers.
Old 05-19-2002, 07:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking Got back from the West Coast Camp Out

Beware Drywall! The self-appointed, unofficial, and probably unwanted theropist is back!!!! Hope you didn't straighten Andy out to much while I was gone. In order to keep them coming back I never really try to stabilize them. You Amatuers do to good of a job and ruin my business.

Keith
Old 09-20-2006, 11:27 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

# 10
Some one else can continue this,
This thread just made me stop

Ron
Old 09-22-2006, 09:09 AM

Andy you have my best wishes for a speedy recovery. It's pretty amazing what they can do today. Keep the faith - prayers out for you.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
Old 09-22-2006, 10:04 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy

Reading your posts was some of the very best news I've read in months! And thank you for advising us your brothers to take better care of ourselves. I wholeheartedly agree!! My continual prayers are for you and your caregivers, especially your bride!!
Brice
Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 09-22-2006, 11:19 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Still Praying Every Day for Andy:

Hey Andy--I am not a very religious man but I do take a few minutes each day to say prayers for your complete recovery. I just know that you will come through this current illness and get back on your feet again. We all really need you here on the Patriot Files. Hope to see you posting again real soon. May God shine down on you and Bless you Brother.

Thanks again for your previous help and guidance when I really needed another Vietnam Vet, and Public Servant, to talk to. You were right there then and I have never forgotten it. If I can ever return the favor please don't be afraid to ask. I am as close to you as your computer keyboard or telephone.

As always WELCOME HOME BROTHER:

To all the rest of my Vietnam Veteran Brothers and Sisters I also again wish you a hearty--WELCOME HOME:

VIETNAM 1968

My Prayers again on their way to Andy for a speedy and complete recovery.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Prayers for you Andy.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).