The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2005, 08:06 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default Protesters

Men and women marched together in a show of unity yesterday in Daytona Beach. They all march in a peaceful protest. The protest complained about an old sexist law in that city which allows men to swim topless and not woman. Damn it, if women can fight for our country, if they can work in hazardous jobs anywhere, if they can hold high public offices, why do we allow women to suffer this sexist vestige of an age long gone.

If some law makers say their concerned about women?s health, ie sagging breasts, I say it?s a matter of choice. If a 14 year old can get an abortion, if a 16 year old can get body piercing, then why can?t an 18 year old go topless? Where is the ACLU when we need them.

If this is supposed to be a matter of decency, I?d suggest a panel be established (I?ll volunteer to be a member) to determine if the breasts in question are decent. If city officials claim to be concerned about health issues, saying sagging breasts may contribute to breast cancer in later life, then at the very least women should be able to wear sheer tops or cupless tops. Does life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness mean nothing to the Daytona Beach city officials?

A new and more liberal stance on bathing attire is a healthy thing, it?s a civil right, not to mention an up lifting experience. Please support the Daytona Beach protesters. (And Gimpy doesn?t think I?m a liberal - go figure.)

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2005, 08:39 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

I have always been a supporter and can see no reason to stop now ! Believe there should be some quality controll though and hearby volunteer for your panel Andy. Free the Daytona Two !!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Andy
I strongly support equal rights and would definitely volunteer to be on the panel. To prove my dedication, I would do it for free!!!!!!..... Due to failing eyesight, I will have to grope my way through this endless problem.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 03-14-2005, 08:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Sorry boys, it's a child abuse issue. Seeing all those meals go by will cause infants to wail all over the beach.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Thank goodness babies wail when they see a nice pair , I was beginning to think I was the only one !
Old 03-14-2005, 10:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John
No wailing sounds here.... A slurping sound maybe...... Cant do it when I'm drooling
Bob K

God bless the ACLU