The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2002, 07:41 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Conflict

Just today my article (front page) came out, it's titled, "Ailing vet navigates VA maze". A very positive pro-vet article. Would hate for anyone to get side tracked by my taking on the professor, again. The Wall and the VA are two seperate issues.

Had 3 phone calls from vets who are writing rebuttals, letters to the editor. In his article Mr. Engle says he was going to Canada but changed his mind at the last minute and allowed himself to be drafted, then disobeyed all orders. I've suggested to everyone that they may want to point out to this wacko that it's not too late to go to Canada. We might even be convinced to take up a collection.

HEY FRED: Did those pictures you took with the wide angle lens come out? And check your e-mail on this site.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2002, 08:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Hey Andy

You said this so-called professor works at a local college? Which one and do they have an e-mail address? Also, can you give us the name, address, telephone # and e-mail address of the newspaper that allowed this idiot to write that piece?

And, does the paper that did the article on you have a web site where we can read the entire article?

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 07-26-2002, 10:19 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post Gimpy

Professor Michael Engle has worked for at least the last 12 years at Westfield State College ( http://www.wsc.mass.edu/ ). I swear this is true, he has had a photo of Karl Marx hanging in his office, it may still be there. It's a good little school (got my Master's there), it's just the history department is a little left of center.

The local newspaper is one of the oldest in the country, Daily Hampshire Gazette. Richard Pearl, the guy who was murdered by the Pakies a few months ago started writing at the Gazette. Their address is 115 Conz St. Northampton Ma. 01061. The e-mail address is http://www.gazettenet.com/ If you'd like to see a bad picture of me and the article, go to that site, click off 07/25/02 and go to news - Ailing Vet. They have at least 15 phone numbers and I know I'd give you the wrong ones.

Gimp, just to explain. Engle sent a letter to the editor which was published. His direct line to the paper is the editoral page where such letters are published. Maybe one in 50 letters make it into the paper, but all of his do. He is, shall we say, popular within some circles. Of the rebuttal letters now being sent to the Gazette MAYBE one will be printed. You see, white males who served our country are a minority group which are generally looked down on. Unlike many minority groups, there's no one waving a flag for us.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 07-26-2002, 12:08 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Question

No one waving the flag for you? Maybe you are just livin in the wrong part of the country. It's hot as hell in Oklahoma in the middle of July but by God we got attitude and that's why I love it here. We have some rompin' stompin' cowboys that have made it on the music scene that don't give a damn about professor/Peter Jennings media types. Thank you Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, Merle Haggard for given a voice to us "dumb okies"...feel free to come on down we still got room..

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 07-26-2002, 01:47 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool Sis

Thanks for the offer. Who is Toby Keith? Merle Haggard give me hayfever. No, we should stay right here. If we have another revolution I want to be fairly close to Boston Harbor. There are lots of things (and a few people) I'd like to throw into it.

The first time we threw tea into the harbor, along with a little cream and some sweet and low and things worked out pretty well. Next time it will be CEO's, professors and lawyers.

I've heard folks say that you are just a suburb of Texas. Isn't that true?

Stay healthy, thanks for the thought,
Andy
PS: We do wave our own flags, it's just not something done much by politico's or news agencies.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:16 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Phone numbers for Westfield State College Public Affairs Office is 413-572-5208 The President's Office is 572-5200 and the Veterans affairs office who probably won't be responsive is 572-5446. i'd start complaints at the President's office.
Old 07-27-2002, 10:37 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks Andy,

This jerk has DEFINATELY "rung my bell" and he's gonna think the "whole worlds raining hell down on HIM" by the time I get through with him!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 07-27-2002, 10:49 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

GIVE `M HELL,GIMP!

Peace,Griz
Old 07-28-2002, 02:28 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Gimp

Give him hell, but just remember, if enough sh!t comes down he'll probably get a raise. It's like that here.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 07-28-2002, 07:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default "crimes against humanity"

I wish all the 6,000,000 South East Asian dead's ghosts from 1945-1975 could visit him all at once to find out who the "real war criminals " were. As I recall our Congress reneged on its promises to its allies. Are they "war criminals" too ??? Let me know if and when he passes on. I will send you something to put on his grave also.

Larry