The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2003, 08:44 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question Representative Government?

I once had a politically involved, highly decorated octogenarian plus, educate me on the fact that we don?t live in a democracy, but rather a republic. A nation of laws, not necessarily truth and justice, that can often be vested in nature! Well, if that is the way that it is, then maybe a little change is needed!

I have often had individuals in positions of trust and/or power try to convince me that certain things that I found distasteful, were just politics or good business, Yet these very same people who accept or condone the ?Any Means To An End? way of life, support or look the other way when the beliefs of the many are brought to their knees in the face of the agenda of the few, or even the one! ?Why is that, do you think, and is that acceptable to you as an individual??

Politicians of both political parties beg and plead (campaigning by any other name) for your support in their quest for almost absolute power, and the fortune that usually accompanies it! However, once elected, they abandon the peer analogy, and quickly take on the airs of a better! Again, why is that, and most of all, why are we so eager to accept that!? Washington, after all, declined the station of king in favor of that of president, but this gesture of social equality and service to the nation and her people, has all too often been replaced by an attitude of deification and pomposity. An often fatal attitude that can lead to corruption, death and social (and moral) decline! (opinion)

And what of this representative government of ours - is it real, or just wishful thinking? And when promises are broken, most people just pass it off as what is expected! If a man?s word isn?t worth anything, then what is he worth? Is a liar, no matter how highly placed, ever to be trusted, especially with the survival of a nation and her people?

So who do most of these people (once elected through what ever means is at hand) really represent - the people, their party, a preset agenda perhaps, the money and power interests that backed their play, or maybe even themselves? What was it that Colonel Street (J. .P. Morgan?s man) once said about Teddy Roosevelt: ?We bought the bastard, but he just would stay bought!?

Well, that is not a problem with some in government today, as once bought, they stay bought, and not even the people themselves had better get in the way! (another opinion)

VERITAS