The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2002, 11:16 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Default What they would say...

"I Hope You Dance?

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder, You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger. May you never take one single breath for granted, God forbid love ever leave you empty handed.
I hope you?ll still feel small when you stand beside the ocean

Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens.
Promise me you?ll give faith a fighting chance,
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance:

I hope you dance

I hope you dance.

I hope you?ll never fear those mountains in the distance, Never settle for the path of least resistance. Living might mean taking chances but they?re worth taking,

Loving might be a mistake but it?s worth making. Don?t let some hell-bent heart leave you bitter, When you come close to selling out, reconsider.

Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance, And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance:

I hope you dance

Time is a wheel in constant motion of heartbreak oh so long.

I hope you dance

Tell me who wants to look back on their youth and wonder where those years have gone.

I hope you dance

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean, Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens.

Promise me that you?ll give faith a fighting chance, And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance:

I hope you dance

Time is a wheel in constant motion of heartbreak oh so long.

I hope you dance

Tell me who wants to look back on their youth and wonder where those years have gone.

I hope you dance

I know one that is not on the Wall but will be remembered soon in a memorial with them and thousands of others that followed that would say to you this Fourth of July, "You have had years longer than we had. You have missed us, cried over us, felt guilty, but all we really require of you is to remember us, don't let others forget us, and don't forget to dance...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2002, 11:33 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks little sis

And don't you worry, we DO remember---oh God, how we DO remember!

God Bless them all!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
Old 07-04-2002, 01:37 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks Sis...

...Just heard Lee ann, backed by the sons of the desert on the way home, along with Lee Greenwoods "God Bless The USA", and of corse Toby Keith's, a little George Straight" real nice 4th on WGNA 107.7 Fm up my way....
....I don't take much to the fireworks much now as my incident happened after the show, but before a concert back when,...... will watch the colors from the distance dance across the sky, and deep down I know that the American spirit will always burn brightly...
... "The world is such a big place, just wish we would all get our shit together" ( my profound statement of the day)....

...TO:
... Arrow, Andy, Bits, Fred, Gimpster, John, Chris, Dropwall, I corps, Old Blue Jacket, David, Bern, Frank, Tom, James, Keith, Steve, ABN CIB, Masher 62x, , Frisco, Gary,Tina, Col. Murph, Drifter, Beau, dead man walkin', mm38984, sgt arty, PHO127, reeb, and damn I know I'm gonna forget many here, but you ALL KNOW YOUR INCLUDED...

"WELCOME HOME, AND THANK YOU" on this independence day, 2002... twas it not for you, and so many of your friends that are not here to celebrate with you, I tip my glass today for one and all......

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 07-04-2002, 06:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thank you sis and Curtis. As is James and many others I am just happy to be alive - everyday - and I think of those who are not - everyday. An old non vet friend called and thanked me for serving today. Come a long way. To borrow a line from Griz , I gotta go - got something in my eye. Welcome home y'all.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:04 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco
Post Vietnam

Thanks sis. To Darrel, Bill and Betty all Vets and warriors gone to the dance in heaven. And especially Louise my mom whose strength saw me through those tough years.