Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2008, 05:30 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking Marine Arrested For Getting In Westboro Baptists’ Faces

Marine Arrested For Getting In Westboro Baptists’ Faces

March 17th, 2008 Posted By Pat Dollard.

MIDWEST CITY, Okla. — Police have arrested a Marine reservist who crossed a protest line in front of Tinker Air Force Base.
Ray Adam Modisette was booked into the Midwest City jail Friday on a complaint of interfering with official police process. His bail is set at $850.
Police Chief Brandon Clabes says the 20-year-old Shawnee resident was among about 150 people who demonstrated against a group of anti-military protesters from Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan.
Clabes says Modisette was upset that the church group was allowing an American flag to drag on the ground. He says the reservist crossed the street to confront Westboro members and ignored officers’ requests to return to his group.

http://patdollard.com/2008/03/marine...aptists-faces/

Marine Corps reservist won't be charged in Midwest City flag rescue

By Associated Press
3/18/2008 9:02 AM

MIDWEST CITY -- A U.S. Marine Corps reservist won't be charged for ignoring police requests and wading into a protest to rescue an American Flag.

Ray Adam Modisette, 20, said he was reacting to a war protester who was stuffing an American flag down her pants.

Midwest City Assistant City Attorney Randal Homburg said he thinks there are grounds to prosecute Modisette for an act of civil disobedience, but he said that at the request of police, he's declining to file charges.

Modisette of Shawnee was arrested Friday afternoon on a complaint of interfering with official police process.

"We believe the act was emotional and not really deliberate," Midwest City Police Chief Brandon Clabes said. "It caused us to take action, but we hated to have to do it."

Modisette was leaving Tinker Air Force Base in his car Friday when he saw the protester with the flag. He said he turned around and headed for the crowd to get the flag. He was handcuffed after ignoring several requests by officers to move away from the small group of demonstrators from Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kan.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic..._1__MIDWE08444

Last edited by darrels joy; 03-19-2008 at 07:15 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2008, 07:22 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

To bad he didn't hit a couple of those cruddy people, though they are not worth going to jail for a while over. I have words no words bad enough to describe those people.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The Devil loves the self righteous. They are so easy to fool.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor VOM 

And it was the Marine who got arrested; figures. Like I said in other posts, the Law and Justice are 2 seperate entities.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The draggon doesn't always win

As it turns out, the WBC has been here to do their hate trip and come up empty both times. First time was last fall and a funeral for an Iraq KIA Marine. The Reno Patriot Guard, ad hoc bikers, etc., put some really strong but non-contact moves on the WBC, had them pinned against a fence and right in their face. If I were objective, which I’m not when it pertains to the WBC, I might call it total, high intensity, reverse provocation, but alas, the WBC didn’t take the bait and lash out. Oh well, can’t win every round, drat. Rumor has it that the Reno bikers are not raised on the milk of human kindness and generally have an appearance and attitude that suggests that kind of depravation.

The result of that confrontation was that the WBC claimed that their Reno demonstration was ruined. And then proclaimed that, henceforth, “God hates Reno”. This WBC allegation then sets the stage for round two.
Reno has a serial rapist-killer on the loose and due to the assertion that ‘God hates Reno”, the WBC came out to do a repeat demonstration at the services for the last 19 year old victim. The community really turned out and over three thousand went to the Reno Convention Center for the Brianna Dennison memorial service. And, of course, the WBC turned up as well. The Reno PD had them assigned to a specific spot near the convention center and signs like “Pray for more dead kids” were seen but not visible from the Dennison family entrance.

Ha, then there was a possible demonstration of who really hates whom that came down. A whiteout snow blizzard occurred at the time of the service and the WBC mongrels were right in it, strong winds, heavy blowing snow, wind chill factor of minus something, all of it, and there they were, freezing their ugly parts blue. That is a real ‘go figure’ kind of thing. Everyone was concerned that the WBC was surely going to meet a very ugly fate at the hands of an outraged community.
However, my hope that a leftover WBC mongrel with sign in hand might be found in a convention center snow mound sometime later didn’t come to fruition. Oh well, be happy with what we get, I reckon.

Scamp