The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2019, 10:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry Are They Out Of Their Ever-Loving Minds

6-11-2019

Tell me again that this is all just a poorly conceived wet-dream on the part of some within state government? But to even consider giving “Free Medicaid to All Illegals” is akin (in my opinion), to offering millions of dollars to each and every citizen of “The Entire Third World?”
“Stupid says you – your damned right says I!!” And for the record, just “Who Is Going To Pay For It All?” (Roughly $98 million a year in California alone?)

I also heard where our poorer and uninsured citizens may be taxed to pay for this boondoggle?! So once again I ask you: “Just where in Hades will our poorer citizens ever extricate enough money to pay for these taxes – From Their Backsides No Doubt?”
Man, I don’t know about you, but “This Idiotic Horse Dung” is beginning to sound (and smell) like “Dear Old Marie Antoinette of France”, when she stated in 1791(?) that: “If the people had no bread to eat, then let them eat cake!!” And of course, and with all due respect to “Queen Marie”, and all of those other honorable dreamers who espouse a similarly cavalier philosophy, I would like to tell them all what they can eat - but then, that would never make it into print!!

H. Rick Tavares (Hardcore)
Old 06-11-2019, 10:38 AM

Default Trump administration wants to deny immigrants entry to the US, if they use public ben

Trump administration wants to deny immigrants entry to the US, if they use public benefits: Today's talker
By: USA Today - Note: This is an old posting dated 9-25-18
RE: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ker/934275002/

The Department of Homeland Security announced a proposed rule that those seeking to enter and remain in the USA must prove they "can support themselves financially and will not be reliant on public benefits."

Question: What ever happen to this as being an acceptable procedure or process for entry?

The Trump administration announced over the weekend that it plans to deny green cards to immigrants if they use public benefits to which they are entitled such as food assistance, children’s health insurance or housing vouchers — purportedly to stop them from becoming "burdens on American taxpayers."

According to the National Bureau of Economic Research, refugee immigrants pay more taxes than they receive in benefits for their first 20 years in America. This proposal would then effectively punish families and U.S. citizen children for their lack of wealth.

In essence, this is the U.S. government punishing U.S. citizen children and low-income families. Immigrants who work minimum-wage jobs would be forced to decide between their continued legal status and their child’s health and nutrition. As we’ve seen, the Trump administration doesn’t seem to care that children will suffer because of his actions.

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, statement: "Under long-standing federal law, those seeking to immigrate to the United States must show they can support themselves financially. The department takes seriously its responsibility to be transparent in its rulemaking and is welcoming public comment on the proposed rule. This proposed rule will implement a law passed by Congress intended to promote immigrant self-sufficiency and protect finite resources by ensuring that they are not likely to become burdens on American taxpayers."

"Immigration activists are rightfully freaking out, but they shouldn’t be surprised: Throughout the entirety of American history, the majority of anti-immigrant actions and sentiments have been directed at legal immigrants. The Irish and Jews and Italians and Chinese who bore the brunt of xenophobia in the 19th century almost all came through legal means — but it wasn’t good enough, because they weren’t considered 'white' at the time. And nearly all the big anti-immigrant efforts put forth by the federal government before World War II — the Naturalization Act of 1790, the 1882 Chinese Exclusion Act, the 1924 Immigration Act — were enacted under the premise that the latest batch of legal immigrants weren’t up to snuff compared (with) previous generations and thus deserved to be curtailed or outright banned, because they weren’t 'white.' "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personal note: My Grandfather & Grandmother came over from Italy shortly after WWI.
They had to have a Sponsor in the states that would also provide them with a place to live and help them to make the transition to the US customs and language. My (Papa) Grandpa also had to have skill - so as to find work during this assimilation process. They moved from Iowa to the South Side of Chicago into an already established Italian neighborhood. He got a job with Pullman Rail Car Assembly Co. on the southside. Grandpa assimilated quicker than Nana. Grandpa worked for Pullman Co. until he retired. During this time they both got their U.S. Citizenship. They took up residence in homes provided by Pullman which were owned by (Mr. Pullman). So each payday some of his pay was taken out for his dwelling. They had 2) Son's who went to school in Chicago. They both spoke English and Italian. Both of them went into the service during WWII. One Army and one Navy. Both survived the war and they started their own families.

That was the process back then - not sure what the rules are today for immigrants coming to the U.S? Note: Uncle Sam didn't give them anything (medical or pay) but they did make it work - the hard way - by doing "what all other" Americans had to do!

Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote