The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Police/Fire/EMS

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2003, 06:42 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

What Ron Said...

Those fire ants, would they be considered WMD?

What would it take to export colonies to all local police?

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2003, 08:11 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Fire ants

You don't want fire ants. Fire ants don't bite, they sting, put a drop of nasty poison that stings , and if your small and don't move, they eat you. They are really bad on any animal that lives on the ground, Rabbits, quail, phesent, don't have a chance.
Id rather have the protestors.

Ron
Old 04-14-2003, 10:59 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post A little more

A further explanation of ?my law?.

Bbeil: Issues of free speech and assembly. No doubt everyone has the right to free speech and the right to assemble. There?s no way I?d want to infringe on free speech, more than the restrictions that are already placed on it. The right to assemble also has restrictions, I don?t think the ?law? I proposed would infringe on that right.

Ron: The law is already in place to determine how many people constitute an un-lawful assembly. I?m not sure about Texas, however several states I am familiar with have laws that say if three or more individuals gather in a public place for an un-lawful purpose (with the intent to violate a law) it is, in and of itself a violation of the law. Hence these protesters causing public safety problems can already be arrested, my issue is money and giving police a heads up on what's going to happen. Today, the protesters can go to court pay a $50.00 fine and walk away. I?d like to see illegal protesters pay for the additional costs placed on public safety. Also, if they block intersections so that a fire truck can?t get to a fire, or an ambulance can?t get to a heart attack victim they would be held liable in Civil Court.
Activities such as ?Fill the Boot? to help firefighters purchase new equipment or to aid a good cause is an assembly but there certainly is no illegal or potentially violent intent. When a high school wins the state football championship you have people driving down the road beeping their horns and yelling, a rally on the school campus and no doubt some young ladies (not your daughter of course) being over come with passion. All that is just fine, nothing really illegal. Those activities are a far cry from people assembling on a public street, burning flags, hurling threats and sometimes rock.
I?m going out on a limb here, I?d guess this sort of thing takes place a lot more often where I live than in your area of Texas. One local city?s chief of police recently said that 15% of his over time budget, so far this year, has been spent on anti-war protesters. That does not include his court over time budget which will be largely inflated when some of these people demand a trial so they can air their views in court. This is taking place at a time when the city of Springfield (for example) is laying off 76 full time cops due to budget shortages.
The intent of the law would not be to further impede a persons right to speak out but rather to make him/her more responsible for their own actions. Many of these protesters protest with the intent of being arrested. With rights there must come some responsibilities.

JerryD: One nice thing about living in this area, those fire ants that are causing you folks problems can?t live this far north. This past January in NEVER got above freezing! When the ground is covered in snow for 3 months they don't seem to fair well.

Stay healthy,
Andy
PS: Freedom isn't free, not even for protesters.
Old 04-14-2003, 12:02 PM

Andy,

You're funny. "My law".
Old 04-14-2003, 02:27 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Andy

Like I said, I know your heart is in the right place, Buuuuuuuuut
all that you said above is still subject to someones opinion of what someone else intent is. There was just a big fight in the court system hear over just that, some 100 kids were arested in a K-mart parking lot by Houston police because they were going to cause some problems. The city paid some big settelments and some 20 year police officers lost there jobs,
If you can tell what someones intent is, then I would very much like to take you to Reno.
In texas if you stop someones car on the street that would constitute a tarroristic act, and or attempted car jacking eather one is defendable by leathal force.
In Texas you can use deadly force if you are in fear of your life, someone elses life or protecting your property.
We don't get a lot of protestors stopping traffic. At least twice anyway.

Ron
Old 04-14-2003, 02:54 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Andy's Law

Exceedingly workable! What all, particularly the protestors need to understand, is that there are no absolutes, even the absolute right to assemble. And with many municipalities under budget crunches, let the people who violate the "parade" permits pay for the extra protection they require. With tought fines, imposed by judges who may have to grow a pair, the budget crisis would be solved in a matter of months.

Re: the fire ants, or as they are called in some parts, "far aints", I'll be happy to export any of them to any requesting city, municipality, burg, or hamlet. But after they get to your locale, trying to get them to mind your commands is like trying to teach a chicken how to yodel. But they are very effective for getting people out of an area.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 04-14-2003, 03:10 PM

If a protester lays down in the street to block traffic, a reasonable, trained and experienced Police Officer will know the protesters intent is to block traffic and can testify so.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:49 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Post So

Ron et al.
I started this thread to cause a discussion. We now seem to have a disagreement regarding the right to assemble. Your right, I can?t tell what a person?s intent is, but if it walks like an elephant and sounds like an elephant and eats like an elephant, I?d guess it?s not a mouse with a glandular condition.
If people what to disagree with the government and in doing so they want to be arrested or at least want to cause a public safety hazard they should pay to play. Doesn?t that make sense?
Insolently, prior to making this post I sent my congressman the same message. There is now a bill pending in the Massachusetts House regarding payment for protesters, protesting. I hope it passes. If there is a similar problem in other states, I hope it passes there too. If anyone wants a copy of the proposed law, let me know.
My intent was to create a discussion, an issue where we could all agree to disagree, glad we did it without anyone resorting to name calling. We done good!

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 04-15-2003, 05:25 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Andy

Your a bugger.

Ron