The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Army

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2003, 07:34 PM

Default alaska

change in plans.... not going to Campbell anymore... will be heading up to Alaska instead. Anyone served up North? Right now the orders do not specify which unit or base... I've heard I can have an influence as to where exactly I end up and what I am doing. Any recommendations?
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2003, 07:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHAH,...

...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA.........................

...Bring suntan oil,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 09-29-2003, 07:53 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Lightbulb

Brad the guys will have to fill you in on the details of service but you would be close to the best guys in the world livin' up there in Washington State. I know it would tickle them to get to see you face to face. How cool would that be? I hope you know we are all very proud of you....

Peace out...

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 09-29-2003, 09:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

The Army is something. They used to send you to jungle training and then pack you off to Alaska...Are you going to get engineer training along the line ? Take care of yourself.

Larry
Old 09-30-2003, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MORTARDUDE The Army is something. They used to send you to jungle training and then pack you off to Alaska...Are you going to get engineer training along the line ? Take care of yourself.

Larry
Until Jan 19 I'll be in EN Officer Basic Course... and hopefully Sapper School after that.... even though NOTHING goes as planned lately!

Thanks Sparrow...

Seatjerker - thanks... really... thanks. Write any drills lately?
Old 09-30-2003, 06:07 PM

My friend's daughter has been stationed in Alaska for 2 or 3 years. She's a Captain now and loves it. Will try to find out which base she's at. Who knows, maybe she could show you the ropes. Good Luck.
Keep up the good work. You know we're proud of you.

Old 09-30-2003, 06:40 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Alaska is not bad. Anchorage is close to lots of water so it doesn't get as really, really cold. Lots of snow though.

I was born on Elmendorf Air Force where my father was stationed while in the Army.

I went back in 92 for a few days. You can tell the the usual depth of the snow by how far up the evergreen trees have dead branches.

Fairbanks, on the other hand, gets COLD.
Joy
Old 09-30-2003, 06:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Ft. Richardson is nice base.

My Wife Stephanie was in the Signal Corp stationed at Ft. Richardson and she loved it there in Anchorage. I have been to Elmendorf also while in the Airforce and it was nice there. Also lots of Moose there, they taste good too BTW they have planes flying to Tacoma,WA (McChord AFB) from Elmendorf all the time. So you can take a few days leave and head to Seattle really easy from FT. Richardson/Elmendorf AFB.
Old 10-03-2003, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by darrel's joy Alaska is not bad. . .
Fairbanks, on the other hand, gets COLD.
Joy

No complaints here - I am really excited about going to Alaska... not sure if Wainwright or Richardson... but there are a lot more engineers at Wainwright outside of Fairbanks... the home of COLD. There is an engineer batallion there that I hope to finagle my way into.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:09 PM

Hey Brad it beats the sand piles!!!! Plenty of fishing. The rugged life of a soldier - You never know you may like it. I was there once during the earthquake back in 63 or 64.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"